Another Loan Player (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Jennings = good,
Fleck = not doing much yet so still poor at present,
Barton = Poor,
Kilbane = dead,
Moussa = Will be good,
Henderson = Jennings cover now he's injured and no idea what he's like (Saturday didn't impress me much),
Bailey = Centre mid and will be our best midfielder
Baker (you missed one) = good on his day just needs to be on his day more often

Midfield for me Jennings holding, Moussa left, Bailey centre and Baker right.

You can list as many as you like but we haven't won a game yet so things have to change. Is it that hard to understand?

Well that won't be the midfield will it, Robins plays a 4231, with 5 midfielders which is the reason he has brought in Bailey. Also you cannot count Kilbane or Daniels as players.

Midfield

Jennings/Thomas
Bailey/Henderson

Baker/Bell
Fleck/Barton
Moussa/Macca

wingy

I see exits and sales coming ,the likes of Thomas and Christie rather than the fodder some are hoping for.

skyblueman

What is the point of this? We are wasting more and more wages on a player we dont need. We've got right backs. We've got midfielders. Its not the amount of players we need to work on. Its about getting the best out of the players we have

I think Robins realises some of the players can't be turned around so they will have to go - no point flogging a dead horse - I think if he believes they can change he will give them a chance - for some it's curtains already...

stupot07

If they are good enough age doesn't matter, Daniels isn't good enough and when compared to Thomas, Christie, Cameron, Willis and Jeffers who all offer something and can have an impact on a game this is clear to see. More Adam Walker than Gael Bigirimana

Sorry that is bollocks, Thomas, bigi, Christie and willis wouldn't have been anywhere the first team last season if we'd have had a proper championship squad, they were playing because of necessity not because they were that good they forced themselves into the first team (e.g like Wayne Rooney/Michael Owen).

i was focussing on players who can play centre-mid. Barton is a class player. He's just struggling atm. I know these players can do good things at this club. Henderson was awful on saturday. Looking forward to seeing Moussa. Kilbane's got a lot more to give. Fleck, needs to find his form. He was woeful on saturday. We've got the talent. They just need the confidence to get to the top of their game

Black6Osprey

How is Fleck "Poor at present" yet the other unknowns "Will be good"

Bias or what!!

Because Fleck has been poor. Are you telling me he's been great? Sorry, it must just be a coincidence that every time I have my head in my hands, Fleck is doing something genius on the pitch.

Moussa and Bailey will be better than what we have in my opinion. Its not about being biased it about talking to people, watching matches and knowing what type of players we are bringing in. Just because they are unknown to you doesn't make it so. It makes me warm inside to see that you are hoping they fail already.

LJC_CCFC

Sorry that is bollocks, Thomas, bigi, Christie and willis wouldn't have been anywhere the first team last season if we'd have had a proper championship squad, they were playing because of necessity not because they were that good they forced themselves into the first team (e.g like Wayne Rooney/Michael Owen).

Did they play well - yes
Has Billy Daniels played well - no
I rest my case

LJC_CCFC

i was focussing on players who can play centre-mid. Barton is a class player. He's just struggling atm. I know these players can do good things at this club. Henderson was awful on saturday. Looking forward to seeing Moussa. Kilbane's got a lot more to give. Fleck, needs to find his form. He was woeful on saturday. We've got the talent. They just need the confidence to get to the top of their game

Kilbane has nothing to give

torchomatic

Right-back? Hopefully, he'll step into Clarke's position.

LJC_CCFC

Because Fleck has been poor. Are you telling me he's been great? Sorry, it must just be a coincidence that every time I have my head in my hands, Fleck is doing something genius on the pitch.

Moussa and Bailey will be better than what we have in my opinion. Its not about being biased it about talking to people, watching matches and knowing what type of players we are bringing in. It makes me warm inside to see that you are hoping they fail already.

Fleck has played one full game

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa and Bailey will be better than what we have in my opinion. Its not about being biased it about talking to people, watching matches and knowing what type of players we are bringing in. It makes me warm inside to see that you are hoping they fail already.
Fleck has only played 1 90 minutes and has a goal and an assist, all reports I have seen have said Fleck did ok vs Carlisle

Stanley is right

It makes me warm inside to see that you have already judged a player as poor on one game where he did ok

Black6Osprey

Yes and it was poor. So as I said he is poor at present meaning he could get better. But I can't say he's good after one and half poor games and to be honest I don't think he will be good but again that's my opinion and I wait for him to change my mind.

WillieStanley

Thank you! That is exactly what I was saying. John Fleck is just as likely to improve as the players you've singled out "will be good/the best"

Pointing out that you've written of a player after one full competitive game in Sky Blue is not saying I hope the newest boys fail. I hope they come good, Moussa has a great YouTube video, but so did Eastwood. Every player, whether they're ex-prem,
played for the team your mate supports, highly recommended or whatever is an unknown because as we've learnt over the years, anything could happen when they pull on that Sky Blue shirt.

LJC_CCFC

Not in every game and they had more bad than good games. Your judging him on one poor performance.

No I'm not, against Yeovil he was playing so badly Thorn did what he rarely did and made a sub and against Carlisle he was equally as bad and Robins subbed him. I've got nothing against the boy, but with the likes of Bigi and Thomas you can see them attempting to play and influence the game. Daniels is too scared to attempt anything. If he is the way forward God help us

Nonleagueherewecome

Right-back? Hopefully, he'll step into Clarke's position.

He's more of a defensive midfielder who can cover at RB, like Osbourne.

He's decent enough, but I really rate Clarke. He's one of the few left that would leave here for a higher league club IMO.

LJC_CCFC

Yes and it was poor. So as I said he is poor at present meaning he could get better. But I can't say he's good after one and half poor games and to be honest I don't think he will be good but again that's my opinion and I wait for him to change my mind.

Yes but you can see the potential in him, especially with his delivery. His lack of match fitness is the only thing hindering him, the lad will be good for the team

Black6Osprey

Fleck has only played 1 90 minutes and has a goal and an assist, all reports I have seen have said Fleck did ok vs Carlisle

Stanley is right

It makes me warm inside to see that you have already judged a player as poor on one game where he did ok

Lets not overplay his hand. I take it you weren't at the Carlisle game if you are relying on reports? He was poor, end of. He came on at Shrewsbury and he was very poor. He had a good 20 minutes at Yeovil. I haven't written him off but at present he doesn't look like the answer to me. Now if you want to wait another 10 games while Barton and Fleck try to find some form then fair enough but for me we need to act now to get up the table and not fuck about dreaming that these players are suddenly going to do it for us.

Diehard Si

And so it starts again... new player arrives and it's assumed he will be better than we already have. In a few days he'll be written off again.Remember the excitement at Henderson signing last week? The lad struggles to settle into his first game and is already written off.

Black6Osprey

Yes but you can see the potential in him, especially with his delivery. His lack of match fitness is the only thing hindering him, the lad will be good for the team

Yes I see the potential him and also Barton but that doesn't mean they are the right type of player for this league and we can't afford to wait for them.

LJC_CCFC

And so it starts again... new player arrives and it's assumed he will be better than we already have. In a few days he'll be written off again.Remember the excitement at Henderson signing last week? The lad struggles to settle into his first game and is already written off.

Who wrote him off, like a lot of our players he is coming back from an injury, in his case a particularly bad one.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Henderson is shit, worse signing since John Fleck. What a waste of money, the lad will never make it
:p

Black6Osprey

Every player, whether they're ex-prem,
played for the team your mate supports, highly recommended or whatever is an unknown because as we've learnt over the years, anything could happen when they pull on that Sky Blue shirt.

Yes this is absolutely true, its written into every City contract that you must play at least 20% below your previous clubs average performance. The point is our midfield is clearly weak and it needs improving. Who makes the team and who misses out is down to the players and who wants it most.

covcity4life

you cant fleck is poor after 2 games

yet say others will be the best based on what other people have said about them to you.

J

Jack Griffin

I saw Fleck vs. Carlisle.. my impression was that he wasn't fit enough to run around much but he put a few good balls in & created chances.. he needs games.. anyone who expects someone coming back from injury to instantly perform at the top of their game is a blithering idiot.

davebart

It is inevitable that a new manager will bring in his own players. that is why it was clearly a non-footballing decision that led to Thorn going. we wasted the entire close season as a club.

There is no reason to suppose any players brought in will be better than players we already have. what we do need that will make a difference is pace and width. if the new guys bring that then it will strengthen the team.

otherwise it will just be change for change sake. and that goes for the manager as well.

ccfcway

Fleck - The Scotrtish Rooney
Jennings - Reason Motherwell got to champions League
Barton - Touted as a £5 million pound Liverpool Target
Kilbane - Experience and over 100+ caps fro Ireland
Ball - Young and Hungry, good against us last year
Brown - Wes Browns Brother, Man Utd youth star
2 French blokes - "sign them up Thorn"

etc etc

With the exception if width, Its not the players we lack, its the fundamental fight, effort and willingness to win !

stupot07

Fleck - The Scotrtish Rooney
Jennings - Reason Motherwell got to champions League
Barton - Touted as a £5 million pound Liverpool Target
Kilbane - Experience and over 100+ caps fro Ireland
Ball - Young and Hungry, good against us last year
Brown - Wes Browns Brother, Man Utd youth star
2 French blokes - "sign them up Thorn"

etc etc

With the exception if width, Its not the players we lack, its the fundamental fight, effort and willingness to win !

Are you trying to say they are good because of soundbites?

@richh87

No I'm not, against Yeovil he was playing so badly Thorn did what he rarely did and made a sub and against Carlisle he was equally as bad and Robins subbed him. I've got nothing against the boy, but with the likes of Bigi and Thomas you can see them attempting to play and influence the game. Daniels is too scared to attempt anything. If he is the way forward God help us

Daniels is not a central midfielder and Bigi was out of his depth last season when we needed to battle.

Users who are viewing this thread