Another City Fan Arrested On Racism Charges (1 Viewer)

jon92

Not sure if this had already been posted not seen it.

City Fan Arrested
West Midlands Poice have confirmed that a Coventry City fan was arrested for racist behaviour during the Sky Blues 3-0 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
The 35 year old has been ordered to appear in court in London on January 21st.
He becomes the second City fan to be charged with racist behaviour after a male was arrested during the 3-1 win at Stevenage on Boxing Day.
Police have said that in general , there was very good behaviour from the City support.

WYKENSKYBLUE

Its 2013 Grow the FCUK up, no place for this in our society #kickracismoutoffootball

here here! no doubt some beared up fool got brave and made a remark relating to 70 years ago! To the person responsible "you bring shame upon yourself and the club, do us a favour and FCUK off!"

CJparker

Take your racism and fook off out of our club.

For all the genuine disagreements we have on site over the rent, ACL, Thorn etc, I always respect the people I debate with like Torch, Grendel SBT etc, if not always their views...I have no respect for racists.

Mucca Mad Boys

Problem is, it isn't just a problem in football, but it is still a genuine problem in society today. There are still antagonisms and negative stereotypes between ethnicities that need to be ousted, through proper, real education.

Look at the BNP, 500+k votes, UKIP (closet racists IMO) nearly 1m. The embarrassment of the EDL's existence, and their hypocrisy shames our society.

CJparker

In fairness, I have been to all 92 league clubs for games and only in a handful of cases have i come across any racism - it just doesn't seem like an issue in the game today, despite what the media tells us

Mucca Mad Boys

In fairness, I have been to all 92 league clubs for games and only in a handful of cases have i come across any racism - it just doesn't seem like an issue in the game today, despite what the media tells us

It is still a problem, you had that Chelsea fan who was making monkey gestures! You have Liverpool fans defending a racist! You had West Ham fans chanting anti-Semitic songs, I think at Tottenham, may have been somewhere else though. It's been toned down, but there are still racist tendencies still in the stands.

CCFC have had 2 fans arrested in 2 of their last 3 away games on racism charges.

Sky Sports did a survey and found that at Sunday league level, ethnic minorities were being spat at and received racist abuse still.

Sick Boy

It is not a major issue, but it is naive to believe that it is not a problem at all in football.

I have heard the term 'paki' used numerous times going to the football and in general. It is always lurking its ugly head beneath the surface in society. Saying that though, Britain is one of the most tolerant and accepting societies in Europe. It does not mean it is not an issue though and shouldn't be treated as though it isn't a problem, or that is something that has completely gone away.

Sick Boy

It is still a problem, you had that Chelsea fan who was making monkey gestures! You have Liverpool fans defending a racist! You had West Ham fans chanting anti-Semitic songs, I think at Tottenham, may have been somewhere else though. It's been toned down, but there are still racist tendencies still in the stands.

CCFC have had 2 fans arrested in 2 of their last 3 away games on racism charges.

Sky Sports did a survey and found that at Sunday league level, ethnic minorities were being spat at and received racist abuse still.

Indeed. It is a problem within society, and therefore it will exist at football. Sadly football seems to have always attracted those seem to possess more racist views.

kg82

Sky sports news? The biggest bandwagon jumpers there are. Suarez is a racist in everyone's eyes that dotes on SSN, but what he actually said was "negrito" which is a term of endearment in Spanish. Fair enough, he may have used it to patronise and he should understand that in this culture he may be misunderstood. But is that not a problem of a multi-cultural society, there is ignorance on both sides.

As for the 2 Coventry fans, it's pathetic. They need to be dealt with. But 2 fans in over 11000 is not what I'd call a major problem, just that these things are getting highlighted a lot more at the moment because of what's been in the news. It goes in circles, give it a year and everybody will have forgotten about the racism thing because the focus will be on hooliganism or something else.

The media has a lot to answer for with this, all these football and societal problems need dealing with on equal terms and not cause a sense of hysteria with the public. You're right though, better education is needed, but not just with racism.

LastGarrison

It's mad because what I know of the lad he's harmless and wouldn't usually say fuck all to anyone.

Obviously had a few too many and his mouth has kicked in. Pretty sure he's a season ticket holder as well.

superskyblue

It's mad because what I know of the lad he's harmless and wouldn't usually say fuck all to anyone.

Obviously had a few too many and his mouth has kicked in. Pretty sure he's a season ticket holder as well.

I'm sure that nearly everyone has had too much to drink before so that they're out of control. I'm also sure that they weren't racist on these occasions. It's not an excuse and to even use drink as an excuse is pathetic in my opinion. Hopefully his season ticket has been snapped.

elephanttears

He went to my school, is a nice lad. Would like to know what he said as i cant see it being anything other than a pissed up comment.

kg82

I'm sure that nearly everyone has had too much to drink before so that they're out of control. I'm also sure that they weren't racist on these occasions. It's not an excuse and to even use drink as an excuse is pathetic in my opinion. Hopefully his season ticket has been snapped.

Don't think he was using it as an excuse, just that he sounded confused by the bloke's behaviour as he know's him.

Sick Boy

He went to my school, is a nice lad. Would like to know what he said as i cant see it being anything other than a pissed up comment.

It is hardly an excuse to say he was 'pissed up'. As someone else has said, the majority of people who have a few too many do not come out with racist comments.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sky sports news? The biggest bandwagon jumpers there are. Suarez is a racist in everyone's eyes that dotes on SSN, but what he actually said was "negrito" which is a term of endearment in Spanish. Fair enough, he may have used it to patronise and he should understand that in this culture he may be misunderstood. But is that not a problem of a multi-cultural society, there is ignorance on both sides.

As for the 2 Coventry fans, it's pathetic. They need to be dealt with. But 2 fans in over 11000 is not what I'd call a major problem, just that these things are getting highlighted a lot more at the moment because of what's been in the news. It goes in circles, give it a year and everybody will have forgotten about the racism thing because the focus will be on hooliganism or something else.

The media has a lot to answer for with this, all these football and societal problems need dealing with on equal terms and not cause a sense of hysteria with the public. You're right though, better education is needed, but not just with racism.

I'm well aware of Suarez said, he called Evra a "Nigrito", which IMO, is a racist comment. It is accepted in Uraguay, Evra is from France, he wouldn't understand hat, also, it is meant as a 'compliment', but again, how would Evra know that? I also think, in the situation, Evra could've missed heard it or heard it as "nigger", which he did, very similar words. Suarez also said other racist words as quoted in the links below.

Suarez is a disgrace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...arez-race-row-with-Patrice-Evra-timeline.html

Extracts of the FA report:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

elephanttears

It is hardly an excuse to say he was 'pissed up'. As someone else has said, the majority of people who have a few too many do not come out with racist comments.

Im not saying its and excuse, just surprised cause he was a nice lad at school. Of course everyone has to be accountable for what they say. Compared to what is going on in the terraces in some eastern European countries its a drop in the ocean. These clubs are not being punished properly by uefa the fines are insulting, i genuinely think there is not a strong enough willingness from uefa/fifa to sort this problem out.

kg82

I'm well aware of Suarez said, he called Evra a "Nigrito", which IMO, is a racist comment. It is accepted in Uraguay, Evra is from France, he wouldn't understand hat, also, it is meant as a 'compliment', but again, how would Evra know that? I also think, in the situation, Evra could've missed heard it or heard it as "nigger", which he did, very similar words. Suarez also said other racist words as quoted in the links below.

Suarez is a disgrace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...arez-race-row-with-Patrice-Evra-timeline.html

Extracts of the FA report:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

Negrito is accepted in all Spanish speaking countries. Fair enough, Evra wouldn't understand, but that's what I said about ignorance in a multi-cultural society and agreeing about education for all forms of discrimination and bigotry.

Mucca Mad Boys

Negrito is accepted in all Spanish speaking countries. Fair enough, Evra wouldn't understand, but that's what I said about ignorance in a multi-cultural society and agreeing about education for all forms of discrimination and bigotry.

He could've misheard it as 'nigger', as we know, that is universally accepted as a racist term, in which case he wouldn't be displaying 'ignorance' as such.

It has also come clear that he called Evra "blackie" several times, which is plain racist.

Changeyourface

The thing is about racist name calling is it's so childish and pointless that it's just laughable. And the reactions to it are just as laughable.

For instance a football fan calls a player a wanker; no punishment, and he is one of thousands.
The same fan calls the same player a black wanker, said fan is now the most evil human being since Hitler and should never be allowed to even look at a football again.

Remind me who was hurt in this incident, or who was violent? Yet the guy who made the stupid comments is now a disgrace to the City of Coventry. I wonder how many of the same fans who are calling for his head also chant about sheep when we play a Welsh team, or go on about Jocks, Paddies, Krauts, Yanks, Frogs etc.

Whole situation is ridiculously hypocritical.

hill83

The thing is about racist name calling is it's so childish and pointless that it's just laughable. And the reactions to it are just as laughable.

For instance a football fan calls a player a wanker; no punishment, and he is one of thousands.
The same fan calls the same player a black wanker, said fan is now the most evil human being since Hitler and should never be allowed to even look at a football again.

Remind me who was hurt in this incident, or who was violent? Yet the guy who made the stupid comments is now a disgrace to the City of Coventry. I wonder how many of the same fans who are calling for his head also chant about sheep when we play a Welsh team, or go on about Jocks, Paddies, Krauts, Yanks, Frogs etc.

Whole situation is ridiculously hypocritical.

All i can say in response to this, if you call me an english c*nt, I won't be bothered and will probably laugh. But black c*nt? You are in for trouble.
It is different and trying to suggest otherwise is wrong.

As for all the other chants? I don't sing any of them as I have respect for people.
Add to that of the 5 mates I go up with, one is Welsh, one is half french and one is Irish.

Astute

People that are pissed lose their inhibitions. With a lot of people you see the real them. When sober the mind says not to make comments. Just because it is worse in football in other countries it don't mean it is OK to do it here. It is only like it is now because it was not allowed to happen.

My eldest daughter is half indian. I have seen racism with my own eyes. Just one word for it. Scum. When I have had a lot to drink I just get merry. I don't pick fights with anyone unless someone insults or starts on my family or friends.

Where I live you can go for days not seeing anyone not white. There is racism here. Mainly because nobody knows anyone that is black. They seem to think it is OK to make comments as there is nobody to insult. I got into a fair few arguments when I first moved here. There were no black people working where I work. Now there are two.....out of about 500. A higher ratio than live here. One does the same job as me and the other is in charge of HR. Many have now seen that they are normal people. It is strange growing up in Cov and ending up somewhere like here.

I am proud of my roots. I am glad I grew up in a multi cultural place like Cov.

Sawyer

There is no place for racism anywhere. Its absolutely disgraceful and an embarassment to still be using terms of racism, people who use it dont even know the history off racism or where it came from and if they did they would be ashamed to have the colour of the skin they live in.

KICKITOUT

CUS Wyken

Problem is, it isn't just a problem in football, but it is still a genuine problem in society today. There are still antagonisms and negative stereotypes between ethnicities that need to be ousted, through proper, real education.

Look at the BNP, 500+k votes, UKIP (closet racists IMO) nearly 1m. The embarrassment of the EDL's existence, and their hypocrisy shames our society.

You utter fool. How are UKIP racists? Because they believe immigration is too high? I'd say ALOT of people would agree, that's not racist it's a fact that we fork out billions to immigrants on a yearly basis. Far too much.

As for Saturday, be interesting to hear what was said. A whole stand of Tottenham fans singing yid army was ok. A coventry fan calling someone a yid gets nicked.

Two sides to everystory before people jump on the bandwagon. Innocent till proven guilty eh.

Macca

I suggest a minutes silence or some ribbon wearing. Or we could applaud in the 25th minute of each game to represent the letter y

Macca

It's incredible how the police who constantly complain about lack of resources can react to a drunken football fan talking shit. Easy pickings

Macca

There is no place for racism anywhere. Its absolutely disgraceful and an embarassment to still be using terms of racism, people who use it dont even know the history off racism or where it came from and if they did they would be ashamed to have the colour of the skin they live in.

KICKITOUT

Tell me more about the "history of racism". Sounds to me like everybody should be ashamed of the skin they are in. Unless of course only one race is capable of it?

CUS Wyken

It's incredible how the police who constantly complain about lack of resources can react to a drunken football fan talking shit. Easy pickings

Football fans and Motorists (going by the police act) are the biggest threat to society.

CUS Wyken

Tell me more about the "history of racism". Sounds to me like everybody should be ashamed of the skin they are in. Unless of course only one race is capable of it?

Exactly mate. According to some, Racism is all one way street. Only white people are capable of it.

CUS Wyken

<p>

Its a good sign, it means the police must have solved every other crime.

If only they spent as much time and resources on Rapist's, murderers and pedophiles eh. Oh forgot, that would mean them actually doing some police investigating and not just standing around football grounds and motorway lay-bys

Users who are viewing this thread