Announcement on Ricoh future today - The Coventry Building Society Arena (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Shortly before 9am this morning we received an email entitled 'Major Ricoh Arena announcement'.

This will be made by the Wasps Group, with the invitation saying it will 'have an impact on the city of Coventry and the wider region.'

The media call starts at 11.30am, and we will have a reporter in attendance.

It’s the Coventry Building Society Arena, you heard it here first.

lifeskyblue

Wasps leaving the city for good!
Wishful thinking on my part but would be wonderful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAFF

im worried about the seats now. ricoh will be removed from them. will they change colour too?

rob9872

Cov Building society staff have been informed by email its them - 10 year deal
Not a commercial institution though so wouldn't that have to have been approved by it's members (customers) first? If genuinely local I would have thought Jaguar is the only show in town - unless it's the Council of course!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Isn't Cov Building Society still a mutual that thrives on acting in the best interests of its members? Not sure how you align that with spunking money up the wall of sponsoring a sports stadium

torchomatic

rob9872

I'd also hate to think Wasps being propped up by a local Coventry business, would certainly leave a sour taste in the mouth.

skyblu3sk

It's all about them not being known very well outside of the area essentially it is marketing which will make them more successful in the long run which in turn benefits its members.

Nick

Administrator
This bit is interesting:

This will be made by the Wasps Group, with the invitation saying it will 'have an impact on the city of Coventry and the wider region.'

Nick

Administrator
Oh and if it is Cov Building Society, good to see Hoffman helping out his mates.....

Skyblueweeman

I don't think it'll be abbreviated to the CBS arena either.

Although the branding on the roof of the exhibition hall and the big red Ricoh lettering on the stadium will be a ball ache to replace with such large letters!

Users who are viewing this thread