Announcement on Ricoh future today - The Coventry Building Society Arena (1 Viewer)

TM8792

What's the betting it's renamed something like the Wasp's Arena just to spite us now we've moved back.

PVA

All the players were at the Ricoh yesterday, not sure if that's related in any way to the announcement

CovUpNorth

This is the problem with these new stadia where they're only ever known by a sponsorship name. It's been the Ricoh for 16 years, will be weird when people are still calling it that when there is a different sponsor plastered all over it.
In time people will change what they call it.

TM8792

This is the problem with these new stadia where they're only ever known by a sponsorship name. It's been the Ricoh for 16 years, will be weird when people are still calling it that when there is a different sponsor plastered all over it.

The new name will stick soon enough - look at the Walkers Stadium/King Power Stadium. What we need is a name for the stadium aside from the naming rights, much like Man City fans refer to their stadium as Eastlands.

RedSalmon

The new name will stick soon enough - look at the Walkers Stadium/King Power Stadium. What we need is a name for the stadium aside from the naming rights, much like Man City fans refer to their stadium as Eastlands.

Maybe the "Holbrooks Arena"?

Briles

I'm guessing Vodafone have paid a huge whack for the rights, we won't see any of it but hopefully wasps put it towards the stadium

Skyblueweeman

I think we should call it Tina.

giphy.gif

matesx

Whatever it is i hope its a joint deal involving Wasps and us.

Was the new sponsorship deal dependant on both clubs playing at the stadium?

Us being in the Championship surely trumps Wasps for media exposure.

Hadji's_Goatee

Whatever it is i hope its a joint deal involving Wasps and us.

Was the new sponsorship deal dependant on both clubs playing at the stadium?

Us being in the Championship surely trumps Wasps for media exposure.
Exactly this – surely we get a cut. Prem rugby doesn't get near enough the exposure of Chumpionship football. Because of us the name will echo across TV, radio and print!!

edgy

Have Wasps officially announced they'll be doing the work on the entrance yet? Could be something shit like that?

Not sure on that. It's 100% news on the name or naming rights though. Vic Minnet on CWR just said "news on the Ricoh Arena coming soon...... will it still be called that? We shall see......"

Rich

Wasps have only recently announced their renewed deal with Vodaphone as shirt sponsor. Not sure why they would only sponsor shirts for a couple of years if they were going to announce a seperate Stadium deal.

Vodaphone most likely imho, just an odd way of doing it.

Liquid Gold

With us extending our Hummel deal, Wasps signing up with them and then doing work on the stadium it points to them for me.

I’ve always through the best unofficial name would have been Phoenix Way but they changed the name to JHW

Magwitch1

If after years of being unable to find a sponsor they've suddenly got one a few weeks after its announced we're back there next season we certainly should be getting a cut.
Unfortunately the “we” will be Joy Sepalla and sisu not ccfc.

Users who are viewing this thread