Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

Otis

This is fast becoming ridiculous. Find some measure of reason for God's sake.

If we lose it's because of Thorn's ineptitude
If we win it's because other teams play worse than us despite Thorn's ineptitude
If our league position improves, it's because off other teams' failings, and no thanks to Thorn's ineptitude

?!?

Rather OTT, MMM.

Every time we lose is NOT down to Thorn. Everytime we win is NOT down to the opposition being poor. You think Middlesborough played well then? And Leeds? Leeds fans are saying that is their worst performance by a long chalk all season and Boro went down to 10 men for most of the game and also scored an own goal. These are just TWO games I am talking about.

You can dress it up whichever way you want, fact is both teams played poorly on the day. No-one is saying we didn't play well.

sylus

You are a disgrace. You are either unwilling, or incapable of seeing the bigger picture. Do you know, you'll get the sort if football your small mind deserves. The mantra of sacking successive managers, irrespective of circumstances until you find one to your liking. There's a bit of me that hopes you get what you crave. And we drop like Bradford with you blinking with a lack of true understanding, yet craving the head of yet another manager who doesn't match your deluded standard

i am a disgrace.!!.... thanks, but im not the one deluded ere...bigger picture..are you having a fuckin laugh...moron..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Of course it's not OTT. The small minds of many on here are an embarrassment. I would truly be ashamed of the lack of thought that sits behind much if what is posted by those who purport to be adults

Otis

Don't think many have small minds, MMM. Only a very small minority. Whos is saying every defeat is down to Thorn?

Yesterday I blamed the players more so than Thorn, though I do think we set our stall out incorrectly from the off (keeping it tight and trying to command possession, rather than going for the throat from the off).

torchomatic

Well, it was hardly a surprise was it. Brilliant performance against Leeds and not a murmur. A defeat at Forest and the abuse is back.

Otis

You expect fans to abuse the manager when we win?

:facepalm::facepalm:

Seriously?

When a team win fans look to the positives. When they lose they try and analyse the defeat and see where it went wrong. That's normal isn't it? For all fans, in every sport! That has nothing to do with Andy Thorn.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

i am a disgrace.!!.... thanks, but im not the one deluded ere...bigger picture..are you having a feckin laugh...moron..

Your name calling merely highlights the immature playground nature that runs through the infancy of your postings.

We are in a better position than a month ago. If this continues, we'll be in a better position next month and so on and do forth. However, this process needs understanding the like of which you seem incapable of, or unwilling to summon

torchomatic

I don't expect the abuse he gets when we lose. Some of the comments are over the top and pretty disgusting to be honest.

torchomatic

Ah, there's nothing like respecting someone else's opinion. And this is nothing like respecting someone else's opinon. With the abuse they give to the manager then it's not surprising they give it to their fellow fans too.

i am a disgrace.!!.... thanks, but im not the one deluded ere...bigger picture..are you having a fuckin laugh...moron..

Otis

Yes, some of the comments are a disgrace, Torchy.

But as I say, that is a tiny minority.

Cast your mind to Eric Black, even though we were winning games by 4, 5, or 6. Some people were still saying sack him and giving him abuse.

It's not just Thorn. It's ALL managers.

torchomatic

Oh, I see. So "fuck off Thorn you are shit" is analysing our defeat? Silly me. You will be saying they are showing passion next.

When they lose they try and analyse the defeat and see where it went wrong. That's normal isn't it? For all fans, in every sport! That has nothing to do with Andy Thorn.

Otis

Oh, I see. So "fuck off Thorn you are shit" is analysing our defeat? Silly me. You will be saying they are showing passion next.

Who said that? Stop jumping to conclusions. I didn't say that at all if you care to read my posts properly. You are talking about the minortiy morons, I am talking about the rational supporters.

Nick

Administrator
Well, it was hardly a surprise was it. Brilliant performance against Leeds and not a murmur. A defeat at Forest and the abuse is back.

Personal insults are wrong, but without being too negative we did only win because of 2 penalties and they did miss a couple of sitters. I don't think the Leeds game tested his need to make changes during the game, people rave about his team selection and well done for the team he picked. At the end of the day the team picked its self.

Otis

Personal insults are wrong, but without being too negative we did only win because of 2 penalties and they did miss a couple of sitters. I don't think the Leeds game tested his need to make changes during the game, people rave about his team selection and well done for the team he picked. At the end of the day the team picked its self.

Exactly, thank you, Nick.

We only had the players we had on Tuesday. There was nothing Thorn could do to change things. How then could there have been anything to criticise anyway? Only thing could have been lack of passion, motivation or spirit. Well we had loads of that in abundance.

Macca

Not a murmur? Where the hell were you after Tuesday. Everyone was upbeat and thinking we were in with a shout again

Nick

Administrator
If Thorn does start making changes in a game to counteract other teams changes or to exploit weak spots then I would be happy to say well done. As the big man says himself though "he doesn't know" why we are losing games cheaply.

Nobody who worships Thorn has been able to explain the Freddy substitution yesterday, people were calling for us to go all out at 1-0 as we had to get back into the game so if we lost 3-0 then at least we had tried. He kept it the same and when we went 2-0 down he brought Freddy on and went all out and we did put a fair bit of pressure on them, but we were 2-0 down in the 90th minute.

I'mARealWizard

Andy Thorn is not a football manager. He only currently holds that title.

He is a footballing scout brought in by SISU as the cheapest and possibly only financially viable option as a replacement for Aidy Boothroyd.

He probably deep down knows that he is rubbish at this job.

He also probably deep down realises that he isn't getting sacked (especially after 7 months of terrible results)

So you either fall into one of two categories:

1) He should be sacked because he isn't able to be successful at a role that in all honesty he isn't prepared for and supported financially with

or

2) He should admit his shortcomings and allow someone else to take his place and try to do what they can with the same players

My heart tells me that it's too late for 2) now. He will never get another managerial position at a high(ish) level after this record.

And my mind tells me that it's too late for 1) because there has never been any money at all. Hence the vicious circle.

So if anyone is really arguing, it must be about option 3), which in all honesty doesn't exist.

Macca

Oh, I see. So "feck off Thorn you are shit" is analysing our defeat? Silly me. You will be saying they are showing passion next.

For fucks sake will you stop using a minority of people to label others torch. You can t have a forum without the odd extreme post

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Again, a heads-I-win-tails-you-lose mindset. Decisions have gone with and against us over the court of a season. When we lose as a function of decisions going against us, it's Thorn's fault. When we win when - in a game we played well in - you seek to minimise its significance because it's our turn to get a decision. Exactly the mindset to which I elude

@richh87

Can't see any problem at all analysing what the manager is saying, Rich.

I did it for Coleman and Boothroyd and Dowie and Adams and Reid and Black and McAllister and Nillson and Strachan and Atkinson and Butcher and Gould and Neill and Howe and McKay and Sillett and Milne and .....

You getting the picture?

Let's get Tony Blair as Manager the - just for you Otis.

You shouldn't assess managers on their press conferences - they only use them for spin. Look at Dalglish's stance on Suarez.

Nick

Administrator
Of course I love it when we win any game whether it is by an own goal, a ball going in off a beach ball or a scrappy goal mouth scramble. All I am saying is that because we beat Leeds with 2 penalties and they could have had 3 or 4 it doesn't make AT a hero.

Nick

Administrator
Let's get Tony Blair as Manager the - just for you Otis.

You shouldn't assess managers on their press conferences - they only use them for spin. Look at Dalglish's stance on Suarez.

So when the manager is saying to the public he doesn't actually know what is happening then we should ignore it and keep trusting him?

Macca

The debate needs to end. At the end of the day it's sisu who won t employ a proper manager or strengthen the squad so they will send us down

@richh87

Finding it hard to take you seriously Nick. Even the Leeds match repotts said we deserved the win.

We missed sitters too - or is that inconvenient for you in your negative view on Thorn.

sylus

Your name calling merely highlights the immature playground nature that runs through the infancy of your postings.

We are in a better position than a month ago. If this continues, we'll be in a better position next month and so on and do forth. However, this process needs understanding the like of which you seem incapable of, or unwilling to summon

bless!! you really are deluded..and you think im nuts...we are in a better position than we were last month...and will be better again nxt.....ok!!.. keep taking the tablets...i have a feeling your going to need them...especially when were in league one and fighting relegation there..watch this space...;)

Grendel

We are only in a better position because of a team losing points. We average 1 point a game from middlesborough onwards and that is relegation. Also we lose every away game and no improvement there at all. This means even if we win every home game we are relegated.

In all competitions under thorn we have won 1 away game since last march. Again relation. Explain your logic of improvement. Where? Not on our travels.

canleykid

Andy thorn won't get the sack cos there's no money to pay him off,its got to be him that puts pressure on sisu,if the fans here and see he's asking and putting pressure on them we may be a bit more supportive however he seems quite happy to plod on and come out with hard luck stories everytime we lose,he does need to change things earlier and I wish he would say the reason we lost is cos were not good enough or take the blame instead of saying were unlucky or I don't no what went wrong cos that pisses
me off

Nick

Administrator
Finding it hard to take you seriously Nick. Even the Leeds match repotts said we deserved the win.

We missed sitters too - or is that inconvenient for you in your negative view on Thorn.

I am not saying we didn't deserve it, more that AT wasn't tested as a manager that game which is why people didn't come on and start gushing like people expect them do. The players played well and we did put a shift in but what I am trying to get at is that AT wasn't in a position where he had to think of something to change the game.

Example is Holloway against us when he made the change towards the end of the game and just went all out attack as they were losing, and they won because of that change. If AT started making big changes during the game to go for it and get us back into it then I would more than happily praise him (even if it didn't work, he would still be trying).

Instead of just says he doesn't know.

If you had a paramedic turn up because you had an accent and he just stood there and said "I don't know" or if you went into Currys to ask about a TV and they said "I don't know" you wouldn't have much confidence would you as it is their job to know!!

@richh87

Exactly, thank you, Nick.

We only had the players we had on Tuesday. There was nothing Thorn could do to change things. How then could there have been anything to criticise anyway? Only thing could have been lack of passion, motivation or spirit. Well we had loads of that in abundance.

Exactly - the team he's putting out are the only players available.

There's far more anger towards Thorn than SISU on this board and moronic and sickening.

Grendel

This is unfair. 90% of people present reasoned arguments. Your preference to dwell on one poster on this thread leads me to conclude you have no answers to the other 90%.

The team has not won away all season. Thorn as a manager has won one game since last march on his travels. This will mean relegation. Relegation needs to be avoided. A natural conclusion for some is to question the managerial ability of thorn. Tell me why is that offensive?

torchomatic

oscar

When they lose they try and analyse the defeat and see where it went wrong. That's normal isn't it? For all fans, in every sport! That has nothing to do with Andy Thorn.

@richh87

If Thorn does start making changes in a game to counteract other teams changes or to exploit weak spots then I would be happy to say well done. As the big man says himself though "he doesn't know" why we are losing games cheaply.

Nobody who worships Thorn has been able to explain the Freddy substitution yesterday, people were calling for us to go all out at 1-0 as we had to get back into the game so if we lost 3-0 then at least we had tried. He kept it the same and when we went 2-0 down he brought Freddy on and went all out and we did put a fair bit of pressure on them, but we were 2-0 down in the 90th minute.

What changes could he make you nutter? Bring on Jordan Willis?

Otis

There's far more anger towards Thorn than SISU on this board and moronic and sickening.

But the manager is on the front line. It's always been that way. And everyone to a man on here accepts that Thorn has had his hands tied. No-one has said that he hasn't.

Grendel

So torchy as you see here is someone who is equally childish and abusive. People who question the manager are morons. They are sick individuals it seems. The abuse and irrationality covers both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread