Andy Goode (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

My worry is will the spade even happen
The only way that will not happen is that we get back into the Ricoh on reasonable terms. I should imagine that SISU has access to quite a few Money Men in the City and should not find it too hard to get the funding now that the Location has been secured.

Nick

Administrator

He is still trying to push things over and over without actually backing himself up.

He is struggling, bless him.

chiefdave

giphy.gif

Ring Of Steel

Why are people still obsessing over what this guy says? What were people thinking he was going to say?

wasted energy that would be much wiser to use in getting some answers from SISU- there’s no going back now for them after what they’ve said- time to prove it and do something.

Ring Of Steel

The only way that will not happen is that we get back into the Ricoh on reasonable terms. I should imagine that SISU has access to quite a few Money Men in the City and should not find it too hard to get the funding now that the Location has been secured.

“I should imagine”- theories, plans, words, intentions, promises... also known as bollocks until someone actually backs it up.

Moff

Why are people still obsessing over what this guy says? What were people thinking he was going to say?

wasted energy that would be much wiser to use in getting some answers from SISU- there’s no going back now for them after what they’ve said- time to prove it and do something.

Is anyone obsessing over what Goode says? It seems to me that people are just highlighting he's an idiot.
I guess its the way you read it.

We would all like answers from SISU, to be fair in the not too distant past they agreed to meet Pete and Mark and answered some. I appreciate there are more to pose, but perhaps Wasps and the Council could be forthcoming in answering some too....that's if you want some balance

Sky Blue Pete

Is anyone obsessing over what Goode says? It seems to me that people are just highlighting he's an idiot.

We would all like answers from SISU, to be fair in the not too distant past they agreed to meet Pete and Mark and answered some. I appreciate there are more to pose, but perhaps Wasps and the Council could be forthcoming in answering some too....that's if you want some balance
Waiting for Cllr Duggins’s pa to set up the meeting

Ring Of Steel

We have no legitimate hold over Wasps, they are a completely separate entity and they don’t need to answer anything. The council won’t answer anything and have instructed their people to not answer anything or even talk about it. I disagree completely that somehow asking Wasps or the council questions is the way to go, that’s for SISU, as is building the ground. And that’s where our attention should be as far as I’m concerned.

Moff

We have no legitimate hold over Wasps, they are a completely separate entity and they don’t need to answer anything. The council won’t answer anything and have instructed their people to not answer anything or even talk about it. I disagree completely that somehow asking Wasps or the council questions is the way to go, that’s for SISU, as is building the ground. And that’s where our attention should be as far as I’m concerned.

Sorry did I say we had a legitimate hold over Wasps?

Considering everyone wants us back in the City and their stadium is currently the only place we can play, I seem to think questions should be posed to them of what happened, for clarity of what has gone on.

You disagree completely, I dont. End of.

Ring Of Steel

Sorry did I say we had a legitimate hold over Wasps?

Considering everyone wants us back in the City and their stadium is currently the only place we can play, I seem to think questions should be posed to them of what happened, for clarity of what has gone on.

You disagree completely, I dont. End of.

Complete waste of time.

procdoc

Welcome, I've been there for about four years. Join me in demanding progress on a new ground.

I was simple explaining how the confusion between 'suing Wasps' and 'legals' and whatever else is a distraction from the main point. Pointless pedantry that doesn't prove someone is trying to mislead, simply that they aren't a lawyer and you should take those words to mean 'all that crap around the Ricoh'.

I just want people to get what the actual issue is here as a lot of people get very angry. From what I can tell from everything both sides have said the issue is that Wasps want 'all that crap' to stop and Sisu want to retain the right to continue it. I am more than happy to be proven wrong, if someone can make a case that that isn't the case. But no one has done that yet so that's still my working theory. In fact the more I enter these sorts of threads and state that and the more content free angry responses I get, the more convinced I am that everyone need to calm the fuck down and get clear on the actual issues again.
You remind me of Boris Johnson, you say a lot of waffle without actually saying anything at all, quite a skill

Nick

Administrator
Simon Gilbert who’s not always asked the questions we really wanted to know the answers to, seems to be pursuing this now and publicly putting Wasps and the Council on notice that he’s seeking an answer.

Which makes you wonder, why not years ago when people were saying "hammer all of them including SISU"?

It's also interesting to see Bobby Bridge at the telegraph directly contradicting things that Gilbert has said.

Mucca Mad Boys

Totally agree that we need to be on the owners case for getting this stadium built.

However, I totally disagree that we shouldn’t be asking questions of Wasps and CCC.

Everything needs to be done to ensure that we can get playing back in Coventry ASAP. If Wasps not the CCC are not asked difficult questions too, they won’t feel any obligation to take action toward that end.

For too long they’ve managed to avoid accountability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread