Andy Goode (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

God I’m sick of this shit.

EVERYONE needs to MOVETHEFUCKON

Richardson - Ricoh - Sixfields - The Trust - Wasps - CCC.

All garbage on a landfill.

SISU, and finally making them accountable should be 100% our focus...everything else is fucking noise

Nick

Administrator
Have the last word, totally miss the point, get bogged down in some minutiae and miss where it's going if it makes you happy.

Use some fancy words, try and patronise, try and speak in riddles. I haven't missed the point, you are going on about moving forward which i see your point with. Then you start a thread about Woodlands.

It's like usskyblue saying "everybody move on" like he has a few times and then starting a thread about Sixfields.

Ring Of Steel

I 100% want to know who was bullshitting, because if it was Wasps then that would make it a lot easier to get many more people back on side and help bring the fanbase back together as one, with CCC/ Wasps then a distant memory- instead of all the destructive pro/anti SISU camps we have now. And if its shown that it was SISU bullshitting then.. well I don't know what the implications are but I want to know. I don't understand how people don't want to know, finally, who has been lying to our faces, thats powerful info that can be used.

At the same time, it seems pointless going after people like Goode, achieves nothing, is definitely not going to sway him, and actually makes us look pretty stupid. Endless arguing over irrelevances does nobody any favours, I mean what issues are worth spending time arguing over? I would suggest a way to ask questions about the future/ new ground/ new season etc are important, spending hours debating Andy Goode then disappearing down a rabbit hole of picking apart who said what- complete waste of time.

Seems to me that we should leave the powers that be to prove/ disprove who the 'liar' is, await that with interest, but in the meantime demand that SISU get cracking on the ground- I mean, have SISU said anything at all about the UoW plan or the ground since the statement? I haven't seen anything, all I've seen is the start of a pissing contest. The club will die in a few years if they don't swing into action, so why the fuck spend hours debating stuff we have no control over instead of working out the best way to get SISU to give us some plans, timlines, facts? We have one statement, they've made umpteen statements before that turned out to be bullshit & lies, what we need now is for them to prove they're not the ones lying & get the fucking ground built, and we should be demanding they do that, not worrying about random twitter posts.

NorthernWisdom

I 100% want to know who was bullshitting, because if it was Wasps then that would make it a lot easier to get many more people back on side and help bring the fanbase back together as one, with CCC/ Wasps then a distant memory- instead of all the destructive pro/anti SISU camps we have now. And if its shown that it was SISU bullshitting then.. well I don't know what the implications are but I want to know. I don't understand how people don't want to know, finally, who has been lying to our faces, thats powerful info that can be used.

At the same time, it seems pointless going after people like Goode, achieves nothing, is definitely not going to sway him, and actually makes us look pretty stupid. Endless arguing over irrelevances does nobody any favours, I mean what issues are worth spending time arguing over? I would suggest a way to ask questions about the future/ new ground/ new season etc are important, spending hours debating Andy Goode then disappearing down a rabbit hole of picking apart who said what- complete waste of time.

Seems to me that we should leave the powers that be to prove/ disprove who the 'liar' is, await that with interest, but in the meantime demand that SISU get cracking on the ground- I mean, have SISU said anything at all about the UoW plan or the ground since the statement? I haven't seen anything, all I've seen is the start of a pissing contest. The club will die in a few years if they don't swing into action, so why the fuck spend hours debating stuff we have no control over instead of working out the best way to get SISU to give us some plans, timlines, facts? We have one statement, they've made umpteen statements before that turned out to be bullshit & lies, what we need now is for them to prove they're not the ones lying & get the fucking ground built, and we should be demanding they do that, not worrying about random twitter posts.
I just don't think it would prove / disprove, as there are sufficient avenues where both can be 'right'. See Judicial reviews over the years, that required senior judges to become arbiter. That didn't mean within that there weren't juicy bits against CCC (media war etc. was a very interesting approach!) but ultimately somebody higher qualified than us needed to arbitrate. In the meantime... we all debated endlessly who was right and wrong, whereas the reality (as it usually is!) is that all sides could have done more for CCFC. Added in, to extend what shmmeee said, do we need any proof that Wasps are shysters, out for themselves? That was obvious the moment they decided to uproot a club for monetary gain, and at that point it was pretty obvious they'd follow self interest, rather than CCFC interest.

And if we're going down that path, then we may as well go down all the other paths to prove / disprove narratives beyond this one.

What I think it does do is distract from the stated focus moving forward. I'd argue that that looks like it's the deliberate intention to do that... which fits into previous patterns. The best way to call them all out is to move forward on the thing we all want (a new ground), and then go back and pick over the carcass of the other bits. If SISU /Wasps are lying or not is ultimately irrelevant to getting people onboard with St Andrews, where there's something else that could *really* get people on board, that doesn't require verbal dexterity, it requires bricks and mortar. If we waste time (again) arguing, however, we're another half a dozen years into a build with nothing to see, Warwick Uni have moved on, and we're drawing up a partnership with Sam Rogers Intergalactic Space Travel Agency at the Baginton Thunderdome.

Nick

Administrator
Added in, to extend what shmmeee said, do we need any proof that Wasps are shysters, out for themselves? That was obvious the moment they decided to uproot a club for monetary gain, and at that point it was pretty obvious they'd follow self interest, rather than CCFC interest.

Obviously some people still need that to be proven to them.

Ring Of Steel

I just don't think it would prove / disprove, as there are sufficient avenues where both can be 'right'. See Judicial reviews over the years, that required senior judges to become arbiter. That didn't mean within that there weren't juicy bits against CCC (media war etc. was a very interesting approach!) but ultimately somebody higher qualified than us needed to arbitrate. In the meantime... we all debated endlessly who was right and wrong, whereas the reality (as it usually is!) is that all sides could have done more for CCFC. Added in, to extend what shmmeee said, do we need any proof that Wasps are shysters, out for themselves? That was obvious the moment they decided to uproot a club for monetary gain, and at that point it was pretty obvious they'd follow self interest, rather than CCFC interest.

And if we're going down that path, then we may as well go down all the other paths to prove / disprove narratives beyond this one.

What I think it does do is distract from the stated focus moving forward. I'd argue that that looks like it's the deliberate intention to do that... which fits into previous patterns. The best way to call them all out is to move forward on the thing we all want (a new ground), and then go back and pick over the carcass of the other bits. If SISU /Wasps are lying or not is ultimately irrelevant to getting people onboard with St Andrews, where there's something else that could *really* get people on board, that doesn't require verbal dexterity, it requires bricks and mortar. If we waste time (again) arguing, however, we're another half a dozen years into a build with nothing to see, Warwick Uni have moved on, and we're drawing up a partnership with Sam Rogers Intergalactic Space Travel Agency at the Baginton Thunderdome.

I don’t disagree with any of that, I just want to be able to point out clearly to the boycotters/ protesters/ pro-Wasps fans that “actually, they were lying all along, now what do you think”, which might end up meaning more at games, a more coherent and united voice to hold SISU to account on the ground & consign everything else to the past. The onus is on SISU either way, they’re the ones making accusations and issuing statements about partnerships & stadiums.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t disagree with any of that, I just want to be able to point out clearly to the boycotters/ protesters/ pro-Wasps fans that “actually, they were lying all along, now what do you think”, which might end up meaning more at games, a more coherent and united voice to hold SISU to account on the ground & consign everything else to the past. The onus is on SISU either way, they’re the ones making accusations and issuing statements about partnerships & stadiums.

People have been saying from the start to hold them all to account and pressure them. Some of those saying "But Wasps did nothing wrong" are not doing U Turns.

NorthernWisdom

Are there that many boycotters? I'd say no. There are people who don't want to go to St Andrews for various reasons, and I doubt many would be swung by Wasps.

Many, many would be swung by progress on a new ground.

cc84cov

Are there that many boycotters? I'd say no. There are people who don't want to go to St Andrews for various reasons, and I doubt many would be swung by Wasps.

Yup the new stadium is what’s needed question is will it happen

chiefdave

Not sure how this has descended into the usual shitstorm. Seems pretty clear to me.

Andy Goode, who has barely mentioned CCFC before, is suddenly claiming to be a fan, of course we all know he is employed by Wasps.

He has claimed CCFC are suing Wasps and then claimed he has never said CCFC are suing Wasps.

He has said Wasps would never do a deal with CCFC and then blamed the failure to agree a deal on CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how this has descended into the usual shitstorm. Seems pretty clear to me.

Andy Goode, who has barely mentioned CCFC before, is suddenly claiming to be a fan, of course we all know he is employed by Wasps.

He has claimed CCFC are suing Wasps and then claimed he has never said CCFC are suing Wasps.

He has said Wasps would never do a deal with CCFC and then blamed the failure to agree a deal on CCFC.

It is as simple as that.

Ring Of Steel

The level of ignorance out there about what is happening is staggering, having that ignorance smashed apart could only be a good thing, massive leverage to help bringing everyone together. And a massive obstacle removed in terms of changing the perceptions of the club- that stuff is very important.

That’s assuming it’s Wasps playing games of course

Ring Of Steel

tbf, we've all been arguing for 20 years now, some of us!

Although my role of which side I've been nominated to join, seems to swing...

Well I’m not arguing with anyone (I don’t think?)- SISU have a well established track record of lying, they now need to prove they’re the ‘innocent party’ in this case (important) and prove they’re serious about building a new ground (even more important)- if they’re telling the truth then those are very easy things to do. In the meantime we should be asking them to do those things, let people like Andy Goode crack on.

Frostie

Last season the Trust & the PSB "Group" amongst many others said that thousands were boycotting & if you look on social media there definitely is a fair amount who say they are so the truth is probably somewhere in between.

With that in mind, it can only be a good thing for the truth to come out. When more people see the actions of CCC & Wasps for what they are then we might just see an increase in attendances to hopefully help us survive in the short term.

Re: the new stadium, 100% we have to keep hammering SISU for progress on that.
At least Joy & Dave are prepared to meet with our representatives & have so far been open & honest on all things discussed.

Frostie

What gives you confidence on the honesty?

The meeting Mark & Pete had.
Everything in here has been absolutely truthful so far to the best of our knowledge hasn't it?

usskyblue

What gives you confidence on the honesty?

Follow through.

SISU just restarted the clock and only time will tell if they’re honest, or indeed, able to be honest. It’s ONLY ‘different’ this time because there’s no room for bollox anymore, they will lose everyone if they don’t produce tangible progress.

I want to focus on the future for a fucking change...if there is fact, going to be one.

NorthernWisdom

The meeting Mark & Pete had.
Everything in here has been absolutely truthful so far to the best of our knowledge hasn't it?
There's not much in there, though, really. There's a bit about the team (separate to this, anyway) a bit about how they can't discuss something, and a bit about timescales (opinion). I've had similar conversations all the way back to McGinnity (between these four walls, was his stock phrase).

I wouldn't say that evidences either way tbh. It evidences better communication, maybe.

NorthernWisdom

Follow through.

SISU just restarted the clock and only time will tell if they’re honest, or indeed, able to be honest. It’s ONLY ‘different this time because there’s no room for bollox anymore, they will lose everyone if they don’t produce tangible progress.

I want to focus on the future for a fucking change...if there is fact, going to be one.
I agree FWIW. If they deliver me a 20k (;)) stadium expanded to 24k-28k soon enough at Warwick, and it's along the lines of Falmer, I'll forgive SISU just about all of the past.

It's in their hands to do so.

If, however, it turns out to be a wet fart...

Frostie

There's not much in there, though, really. There's a bit about the team (separate to this, anyway) a bit about how they can't discuss something, and a bit about timescales (opinion). I've had similar conversations all the way back to McGinnity (between these four walls, was his stock phrase).

I wouldn't say that evidences either way tbh. It evidences better communication, maybe.

Absolutely right to be sceptical, I think we all should be & given their history we should absolutely keep pressure on them.

It all just feels a little different though since Boddy has come in & Fisher has been sidelined.
There's been none of the bluster & bullshit. Everyone who speaks with Boddy says they find him open & honest. Let's hope that continues & that we see tangible evidence of stadium development ASAP.

Sky Blue Harry H

giphy.gif

SBT

Warwick Uni have moved on, and we're drawing up a partnership with Sam Rogers Intergalactic Space Travel Agency at the Baginton Thunderdome.

Great news imo, Sam Rogers Intergalactic Space Travel Agency wouldn't just put their name to any old statement, wouldn't take long to build a new railway station in Baginton etc etc

Rodders1

Goode is one of those sportsmen I really used to love when playing (England and Tigers). Then when they retire and you follow on social media the hero status crumbles when their views become clear.

Shilton, Botham and Waddle are others that I can think of too.

Warwickhunt

A spade in the Ground at the University of Warwick will turn everyone and the season tickets will be sold even at St Andrews

Users who are viewing this thread