Andy Awford leaves Pompey/TM rumour... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

So I was out on Saturday night with a good friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at Fratton Park and he said there was talk amongst fans of Pompey lining up TM as their next managerial target.

It's been announced in the last hour that Andy Awford has left Pompey by mutual consent.

Not saying the two are related, but no smoke, fire etc etc. Probably nothing in it but just throwing it out there....

WM

FRY-CCFC

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hobo

TM only has a contract till the end of the season, so anything can happen. I am still not convinced he will be with us come the summer.

CJ_covblaze

I very much doubt he'll be in L1 or L2 next season. Would love to be proved wrong though.

kg82

The way he's talking is like he'll be with us next season. I'm actually quite confident he will be.

jas365

The way he's talking is like he'll be with us next season. I'm actually quite confident he will be.

I'm not so confident, a lot will depend on what reassurances he gets from our owners. In other words I expect him to be gone in the summer.

kg82

I'm not so confident, a lot will depend on what reassurances he gets from our owners. In other words I expect him to be gone in the summer.

It's all opinion and conjecture. I just think SISU actually, for once, showed a bit of ambition going out and getting him. I think they know it's last chance now. To have any chance whatsoever of getting some money back they need to invest and if anyone can convince them of that, it's Mowbray.

We CANNOT carry on going the way we are.

jas365

It's all opinion and conjecture. I just think SISU actually, for once, showed a bit of ambition going out and getting him. I think they know it's last chance now. To have any chance whatsoever of getting some money back they need to invest and if anyone can convince them of that, it's Mowbray.

We CANNOT carry on going the way we are.

I REALLY hope you're right, TM is the best chance we're ever likely to have of getting back up to the top end of the table.

Hobo

Once we have safety, the first signing needs to be TM. The sooner he can start his restructure the better.

matesx

If we stay up and we sign TM then its a season ticket for me and the lad

...and a good few others too

Skyblueweeman

Bit of a ridiculous rumour, he barely wanted to step down to league one with us, why would he step down to league 2? He is obviously a better manager than this level, and we would be lucky if he does stay.

Is it that ridiculous? Bar Fratton Park itself, they're a debt free club, have a good relationship with their local council, have a strong fan base (passionate at that) and are set up for playing higher up the leagues. Not that ridiculous.

And when you say, he barely wanted to step down to League One with us? How do you come to that conclusion? Didn't he say he wanted to jump at the chance to join us when the position was available?

I'm up for TM staying next season and beyond. I wasn't overly enamoured when he joined but if he keeps us up, I'd hope he stays. Just saying what I heard and it's not a ridiculous rumour.

WM

NorthernWisdom

Is it that ridiculous? Bar Fratton Park itself, they're a debt free club, have a good relationship with their local council, have a strong fan base (passionate at that) and are set up for playing higher up the leagues. Not that ridiculous.

But they have chopped managers for fun the past couple of seasons (didn't think Awford had done terribly, given the conditions and need to reverse momentum) so you're certainly having to back yourself to not only get a promotion out the bottom division, but one the season after too I'd reckon.

Certainly not impossible for them, but think you'd have to be brave to go there if your reputation's 'higher' than that. Mind you... you'd have to be 'brave' to go to us in the first place, too!

He will definitely stay, a mate of mine told me he's got sky blue blood flowing through his veins.....................................oh hang on :facepalm:

Skyblueweeman

But they have chopped managers for fun the past couple of seasons (didn't think Awford had done terribly, given the conditions and need to reverse momentum) so you're certainly having to back yourself to not only get a promotion out the bottom division, but one the season after too I'd reckon.

Certainly not impossible for them, but think you'd have to be brave to go there if your reputation's 'higher' than that. Mind you... you'd have to be 'brave' to go to us in the first place, too!

Don't disagree with that NW. I guess the past couple of years for them has been about getting their house in order. Now that the legal stuff seems to have finished and they're more settled financially, maybe they'll show more stability in the personnel department.

WM

The Reverend Skyblue

ditto what kg82 above has said.

Im confident he will be here next season, I think hes putting tings in place for next season, and why oh why would he contemplate putting teams out against Accrington Stanley and Morecombe etc when he can be here at Cov

skybluegod

And when you say, he barely wanted to step down to League One with us? How do you come to that conclusion? Didn't he say he wanted to jump at the chance to join us when the position was available?

I'm up for TM staying next season and beyond. I wasn't overly enamoured when he joined but if he keeps us up, I'd hope he stays. Just saying what I heard and it's not a ridiculous rumour.

WM

There are lots of well run clubs it doesn't mean they are a good club to join? If they are set up for playing in higher leagues then why aren't they? They like us do not have the right to play in higher divisions.

The fact he signed a 3 month contract? How he said he didn't know anything about league 1? He has spent the majority of his managerial career in the championship we were a good club to join , as we have a squad capable of staying up and only needed a few wins and this can only be good for his CV.

It iS very far fetched and it's obvious he sees himself at a much higher level

rupert_bear

If Tony Mowbray is not our manager next season I predict our season ticket sales will be on a par with what we sold for Sixfields, less than 2000.

Sbarcher

Is it 10pm already?

Skyblueweeman

There isn't half some crap on this site. TM probably won't even stay in league 1, why on earth would he go even lower?

Fucking hell...I've only posted what I heard from a mate who is a decent lad and not the type just to make things up. Keep your pants on princess x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackRoomRummermill

Things can change overnight in football , it would be stupid to rule anything out so If TM does not stay I would not be surprised , if he went to Pompey that would not surprise me either

Tonylinc

Let's all put ourselves in his position. We have had some "time off", to look after the kids or whatever, and are looking to get back into the game. CCFC come along (they approached him as far as I know) with an offer. Keeping them in Div.1 was difficult but not impossible so he accepts but only signs a three month contract. Why?.....is that so difficult?......because keeping them in the division would nevertheless be an achievement and would result in offers from more stable, financially secure and ambitious clubs. It ain't rocket science is it? He will be off in the summer as would most of us. Should our owners (I can't even type their name without vomiting) convince him to stay then I will take my hat off to them and you all know my hatred of them!

Skyblueweeman

The same friend has just sent me a screen shot which looks like it's from some Pompey forum. Apparently Redknapp is now favourite to go back. Again.

Nick, feel free to close the thread. Said what I heard through a mate and all covered.

WM

Skyblueweeman

I'd get the Redknapp link though. Think he still lives in Bournemouth and is probably after one last job. Assuming his knee is ok!

Tonylinc

I'd get the Redknapp link though. Think he still lives in Bournemouth and is probably after one last job. Assuming his knee is ok!

Yes he does; Sandbanks I believe but is he looking for one last job? I think that his last was his last.

Gazolba

If TM saves us from relegation, which is looking increasingly likely, other clubs will come looking, especially the clubs relegated from the premiership or championship. If he does not save us, he might stay but will more than likely still be off as I doubt he'd want to manage a L2 club. Cannot see him being our manager next season.

skybluedan

So I was out on Saturday night with a good friend of mine who is a season ticket holder at Fratton Park and he said there was talk amongst fans of Pompey lining up TM as their next managerial target.

It's been announced in the last hour that Andy Awford has left Pompey by mutual consent.

Not saying the two are related, but no smoke, fire etc etc. Probably nothing in it but just throwing it out there....

WM

Well bloody throw it somewhere else mate........... Haha

Users who are viewing this thread