Andy Awford leaves Pompey/TM rumour... (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I'd get the Redknapp link though. Think he still lives in Bournemouth and is probably after one last job. Assuming his knee is ok!

The other rumour doing the rounds is Redknapp Snr as director of football and Redknapp Jnr as Manager. They're also throwing round names like Adkins, Warnock, Poyet and Holloway. Think they need to set their sights a little lower!

Skyblueweeman

The other rumour doing the rounds is Redknapp Snr as director of football and Redknapp Jnr as Manager. They're also throwing round names like Adkins, Warnock, Poyet and Holloway. Think they need to set their sights a little lower!

Andy Thorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJC_CCFC

I really don't think TM's stock is as high as some appear to assume it is.

He was beaten to the Birmingham job by the then Burton manager Gary Rowett.

Saving us from relegation isn't exactly a miracle.

I don't see the point in him coming here if he hadn't already decided to stay if he kept us up.

LJC_CCFC

And why would they want Harry back, it was his over zealous spending that put them where they are. Frankly Redknapp is done in football management, unless England come a knocking.

Terry Gibson's perm

And why would they want Harry back, it was his over zealous spending that put them where they are. Frankly Redknapp is done in football management, unless England come a knocking.

Harry is about finished in football even the press boys turned on him on Talksport on Sunday night.

chiefdave

And why would they want Harry back.

Basically they're fed up of being in L2 and increasingly think it's down to a lack of investment caused by being fan owned. They have this bizarre idea that Redknapp would be able to attract investors so they could start spending again. Obviously ignoring the fact that doing that is exactly what got them in this mess in the first place!

Skyblueweeman

I'm not sticking up for HR here but in his defence, he had a chairman who controlled the finances and was happy to pay stupid fees. I spoke to another Pompey fan about this and said the same thing as you ChiefDave (I live up the road from you, so we're both surrounded by Pompey fans), that HR had caused their downfall and he said if you were in his position and wanted to spend loads of money on players and your chairman pretty much gives you a blank chequebook, you're not going to complain.

At the time, Mandaric was the problem, not Redknapp. I think Mandaric learnt the errors of his ways after that as his stints at Leicester and Sheff Weds were less frivolous.

WM

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Basically they're fed up of being in L2 and increasingly think it's down to a lack of investment caused by being fan owned. They have this bizarre idea that Redknapp would be able to attract investors so they could start spending again. Obviously ignoring the fact that doing that is exactly what got them in this mess in the first place!

I hope that's a minority of fans!

NorthernWisdom

I'm not sticking up for HR here but in his defence, he had a chairman who controlled the finances and was happy to pay stupid fees. I spoke to another Pompey fan about this and said the same thing as you ChiefDave (I live up the road from you, so we're both surrounded by Pompey fans), that HR had caused their downfall and he said if you were in his position and wanted to spend loads of money on players and your chairman pretty much gives you a blank chequebook, you're not going to complain.

At the time, Mandaric was the problem, not Redknapp. I think Mandaric learnt the errors of his ways after that as his stints at Leicester and Sheff Weds were less frivolous.

WM

Are you sure Mandaric was the problem? His whole schtick is to boost a club's profile, then flog to any old madman.

Leicester lucked out that their madmen appear to actually have cash. Portsmouth's... didn't.

Skyblueweeman

Are you sure Mandaric was the problem? His whole schtick is to boost a club's profile, then flog to any old madman.

Leicester lucked out that their madmen appear to actually have cash. Portsmouth's... didn't.

Honestly, not 100% NW. Only going by what some mates have told me...life long Pompey fans. It would make sense though...he was the one controlling their purse strings, paying wages they couldn't afford. Sacha Gaydamak (if I remember rightly) was in charge for part of the time of over-spending. Either way, they both appeared to have an element of 'B.Richardson' about them.

Redknapp as far as I can see, just took advantage. In a results driven business I wouldn't expect anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread