Anderson CT interview (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Wilson had had one good season (and was injured for a quarter of it), Bournemouth took a risk. Rhodes has been doing it for a lot longer and with a less injury hit career.

a reasonable post from the OP, i would encourage all to read Andy Turner's article in todays Cov Tel, & also the fans view article, with respect Mr Anderson is merely trying to give it a sisu spin,
as AT says Jordan Rhodes going for 3 times the value of Callum Wilson ? just how much is this offer for JM that we just could not refuse ?

Nick

Administrator
a reasonable post from the OP, i would encourage all to read Andy Turner's article in todays Cov Tel, & also the fans view article, with respect Mr Anderson is merely trying to give it a sisu spin,
as AT says Jordan Rhodes going for 3 times the value of Callum Wilson ? just how much is this offer for JM that we just could not refuse ?
What's his point about rhodes?

Chipfat

The club have signed players, loans, old farts and even dragged some out of semi retirement. But if you look at selling your brightest young talent on the other scale, then i would suggest building foundations with the 7 signed, although true does not reflect the true story.

If some want to look at facts of 7 in 1 out then im not shocked he thinks he can fool the masses with his boloocks. These owners have no future or want a future they do not want promotion as they have no money to compete in levels above. I mean they are really close this year and instead of rejecting money and fighting to push they have took the money and painted a picture that they are thinking ahead. If they really wanted big things then Maddison would of been gone weeks before and 2 or 3 perm signings would of been brought in with next seson in mind. Or Maddison would of stayed and players would of been brought in. I dont expect some on here will agree with this but i dont care, Anderson is pissing on our backs and telling us its raining, like all those before him.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

What Made me laugh is his comment on clubs looking at the short term rather then long term.

How can we look at long term, when we keep selling anyone who is half decent and then just replace with loans that are only here for a season at most.
Then he goes on to say every penny of the transfer will go into the team, if we don't know what that figure is how do we know if that is true, they need to be honest for once.....

So was it £2M OR £9.5M

PUSB

letsallsingtogether

The club have signed players, loans, old farts and even dragged some out of semi retirement. But if you look at selling your brightest young talent on the other scale, then i would suggest building foundations with the 7 signed, although true does not reflect the true story.

If some want to look at facts of 7 in 1 out then im not shocked he thinks he can fool the masses with his boloocks. These owners have no future or want a future they do not want promotion as they have no money to compete in levels above. I mean they are really close this year and instead of rejecting money and fighting to push they have took the money and painted a picture that they are thinking ahead. If they really wanted big things then Maddison would of been gone weeks before and 2 or 3 perm signings would of been brought in with next seson in mind. Or Maddison would of stayed and players would of been brought in. I dont expect some on here will agree with this but i dont care, Anderson is pissing on our backs and telling us its raining, like all those before him.

So true nothing has changed bar the spin doctors name.

thewards5579

I agree

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Good to see that eagled-eyed you have managed not to be hoodwinked unlike poor old Tony Mowbray...

:facepalm:

dongonzalos

If the deal was to prepare us for the championship
If Liverpool Spurs and Norwich were all interested.
If we are currently self funding. For this season.
Do you think Maddison's value would increase or decrease by the summer.

For me based on his appearances this season I think increase. If the money is to set us up for the championship. I have say this doesn't add up.

Sell him in July for more money?

We needed that cash I hope over the next month we see why when we sign out attacking options as oppose to we were over budget and automatic promotion is suddenly a bit further way.

Sick Boy

But is now one of the loans. And if we bring in another striker it will mean that another player can't be named in the squad.

The football league really do hate us!!!!! Nopm!!! Love the council hate cit...er sisu!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think what is being said is probably reasonable as far as it goes but

- of course the money goes in to the club, its Otiums money for a player that company sold
- In to the club is not the same as all of it going on the playing squad.
- Our transfer fees are used to keep the club going because our turnover is not as big as it could be. That means not all the cash can be spent on players or players wages it has to be spent on other things. Turnover is limited by the inability to get some of the other stadium incomes (mainly naming rights) but also by an under performing commercial department in my opinion.
- If in League 1 then only 60% of the fee can be spent increasing the SCMP budget
- fact of life we have to sell to survive let alone build

all been said before by those other than Mr Anderson though hasn't it

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/callum-wilson-cash-reinvested-back-7387302

rupert_bear

I think there's a lot of hogwash surrounding what Anderson said opposed to Mowbray. Anderson is hardly going to spill any beans to what Mowbray's plans may or may not be, I am certain if there is a player TM wants on loan, is available and we can afford he will get him as to having over the 5 allowed loan compliment some sit in the stands so what

Users who are viewing this thread