Anderson CT interview (1 Viewer)

dynamoholbrooks

“We have signed seven players in this window and the ownership of this club has never said no to the manager when he has wanted to sign a player.

I believe Andy Turner will have quoted Anderson correctly, who seems to be telling somebody that we have two thirds of a new team ready to help the promotion push.

Just who is going to swallow this? More than ever, I feel for Mowbray.

Nick

Administrator
“We have signed seven players in this window and the ownership of this club has never said no to the manager when he has wanted to sign a player.

I believe Andy Turner will have quoted Anderson correctly, who seems to be telling somebody that we have two thirds of a new team ready to help the promotion push.

Just who is going to swallow this? More than ever, I feel for Mowbray.

We have signed those players haven't we?

Ian1779

Shhh.. don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

In fact - on Transfer Deadline Day I saw Joy Seppala in Costa Coffee looking at the Secret Escapes website. Clearly she was spending the Maddison money on her next holiday.

Astute

I don't get it, is he trying to say we haven't signed the players?

It would be good if they could all play at the same time. And were any of these players already at our club?

Astute

The comments I have seen where people don't seem to realise that Maddison is actually here for the season are the best!

But is now one of the loans. And if we bring in another striker it will mean that another player can't be named in the squad.

dynamoholbrooks

This Putin-like spin, is not a "conspiracy theory". Anderson is a man telling us how lucky we are to have all these new players when one of them is James Maddison, signed on a loan to the end of the season. I have had to listen to some remarkable press statements for over 50 years, and Anderson is up there among the best. Bigi re-signing to extend his loan is not a new player, etc. etc.

Some rather gullible replies so far, buying the crap being fed us when the problem is not the club, the problem is the management strategy.

But then I'm a cynic, as you know, Ted.

Sky Blue Kid

But is now one of the loans. And if we bring in another striker it will mean that another player can't be named in the squad.

I wonder if people who post comments like this "The comments I have seen where people don't seem to realise that Maddison is actually here for the season are the best!" realise the truth in what you're saying Astute? ;)

Covbaker96

Quote from this mornings article with Chris Anderson :

“The business plan we’re projecting right now will allow us to have a healthy playing budget next season,” said Anderson.
“It won’t be a big playing budget but it also won’t be uncompetitive. It will be at a level that the business can sustain and allow us to be competitive in football.
“On the football side the manager and technical director come to me and say this is what we think it will take to be competitive at a higher level and from my end I have a conversation where I have to figure out how much money can we put on the table for them and where the two things meet – the needs of the football department to be competitive and the ability of the business to sustain that.
“At this stage I am projecting the club will have a good, healthy football budget that will be competitive in the Championship."

This is all based on potential promotion but IF we do go up.. what would you think the playing budget for next season could be? would we be able to pay fees for players? Would it be spent on paying for a couple more premier league loanee's who are fringe players instead of development squad players?

I personally think our budget could be about 7-8 mill if we get promoted.

junglej13

All the money from the Maddison sale will be reinvested into the footballing department. This roughly translates that we will be getting some new cones at Ryton.

Moff

I wonder if people who post comments like this "The comments I have seen where people don't seem to realise that Maddison is actually here for the season are the best!" realise the truth in what you're saying Astute? ;)

I think they do, its one more loan.

But these people are responding to those who are moaning that Maddison has gone. Thats all. They are stating a fact, and lets face it there would have been total meltdown if Maddison had gone and not been loaned back.

Sky Blue Kid

I think they do, its one more loan.

But these people are responding to those who are moaning that Maddison has gone. Thats all. They are stating a fact, and lets face it there would have been total meltdown if Maddison had gone and not been loaned back.

The simple answer would have been wait till summer then do the sale. He was always going to go, it's the timing that stinks ;)

Moff

The simple answer would have been wait till summer then do the sale. He was always going to go, it's the timing that stinks ;)

I agree, waiting until summer would have been the better choice.

Aside from the obvious ineptitude of our owners, I do think Maddisons agent, whoever it may be, has obviously played a huge part in this, when perhaps the best bet would have been for him to just sit tight. Money talks I suppose for both SISU, Maddison and his agent.

Hobo

In a normal transfer deal Maddison would have left but we should benefit from the loan back. Armstrong and Bigi loans were coming to an end but extended...retention is like a new signing. Then new players have come in.

All these factors are key to continuing our promotion push. Where's the spin? We are stronger for having these players.

chiefdave

I suppose it depends on your definition of signed. A lot of people would think of that as a player who has at the very least come in on loan when they weren't here before.

So we've got Cole (who was already here), Bigi (who was already here), Arma (who was already here), Hunt, Cargill and Stephens. They aren't counting Maddison as the 7th are they?

covcity4life

so you want to discount those who firs tjoined outside window? makes no sense

the one month of jan is the only important one?

fernandopartridge

This Putin-like spin, is not a "conspiracy theory". Anderson is a man telling us how lucky we are to have all these new players when one of them is James Maddison, signed on a loan to the end of the season. I have had to listen to some remarkable press statements for over 50 years, and Anderson is up there among the best. Bigi re-signing to extend his loan is not a new player, etc. etc.

Some rather gullible replies so far, buying the crap being fed us when the problem is not the club, the problem is the management strategy.

But then I'm a cynic, as you know, Ted.
It's actually "I'm very cynical, as you know, Ted" ye paranoid feckin eejit

fernandopartridge

I suppose it depends on your definition of signed. A lot of people would think of that as a player who has at the very least come in on loan when they weren't here before.

So we've got Cole (who was already here), Bigi (who was already here), Arma (who was already here), Hunt, Cargill and Stephens. They aren't counting Maddison as the 7th are they?
Did you expect it all to happen in succession?

skybluesam66

guess ramage is the 7th

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It has got to be hard to argue the squad isn't stronger defensively now than it was a month ago. The midfield seems to have a lot of numbers to it. We haven't lost Maddison this season but are we stronger in attack than we were a month ago? Overall in theory we surely are no worse off than last week, arguably better.

Will be interested to see how Anderson thinks he will be able to bridge the funding gap should we get promoted. The lowest salary cost in championship seems to 6m and it rises from there to over 30m in some cases. That's a tough place to compete. How do we get more income - yes there is more TV money, advertising sponsorship and at the end of it prize money but everyone else gets that too but are not starting from such a low position. Going to be very hard to compete against relegated teams with the parachute payments (eg the Villa)

That's next seasons problem - hopefully

Lets look to a turn round in form this season first

PUSB's

chiefdave

so you want to discount those who firs tjoined outside window? makes no sense

the one month of jan is the only important one?

Not discounting anything but the quote from Anderson was "We have signed seven players in this window". Of those seven three were already here. IMO we've signed two unattached free agents and two youngsters on loan, one who has 5 league games to his name and the other 48.

Hopefully all four turn out to be fantastic additions but I think we have signed seven players sounds a lot better than the reality.

Skyblueweeman

You could reasonably add Lorentzen (spelling?) to that list as well. Although signed in November I think, we've only seen him in the past week or so.

Captain Dart

SkyBlue_Bear83

I suppose he is including Lorentzon, Rose and Ramage maybe?

georgehudson

a reasonable post from the OP, i would encourage all to read Andy Turner's article in todays Cov Tel, & also the fans view article, with respect Mr Anderson is merely trying to give it a sisu spin,
as AT says Jordan Rhodes going for 3 times the value of Callum Wilson ? just how much is this offer for JM that we just could not refuse ?

torchomatic

Haven't read the interview but presume it's all lies?

henry the wasp

a reasonable post from the OP, i would encourage all to read Andy Turner's article in todays Cov Tel, & also the fans view article, with respect Mr Anderson is merely trying to give it a sisu spin,
as AT says Jordan Rhodes going for 3 times the value of Callum Wilson ? just how much is this offer for JM that we just could not refuse ?

Jordan Rhodes has guaranteed 20+ goals a season for about the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread