...and the WORST city manager? (1 Viewer)

Worst ever City Manager

• Dave Sexton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Butcher

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Phil Neal

• Ron Atkinson

• Gordon Strachan

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Gary McAllister

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Peter Reid

Votes: 62 53.4%
  • Iain Dowie

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Chris Coleman

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Aidy Boothroyd

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters

Hibbert

Boothroyd for me, we turned into a Rugby league team under him for 9 months. The only manager to make me miss home games through choice.

Fospherous

Peter 'monkey's heed' Reid for me.

I found his reign so dull and depressing. I really felt like we were going to go down under him, and if he stayed, we probably would have.

Love this quote from McGinnity when Reid was first appointed.

- "The fans may not believe me, but I believe that Peter is the man to take us forward."

If only we knew... which most of us did when he was first appointed.

lordsummerisle

A clear winner in Reid and he got my vote for a variety of reasons with the main ones being the standard of football, the inability to coach and get the best out of some decent players and the general feeling surrounding the club.

Where I think it's harsh is the fact that the optimism of Premiership football was extinguished and then levelled at Reid because he failed so catastrophically following Eric Black. Whilst all of that may be true, the fact that Eric Black was replaced and the fact that it was with Reid, is through no fault of his own but that of Fletcher. We did take a massive step backwards, but Fletcher has to carry the can for culpability in my book.

Er, Fletcher nowhere near the club at the time.

All McGiin's work.

Users who are viewing this thread