... and Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Scores a hat-trick for Bournemouth at Oxford... sold too cheaply ?

kg82

Come on. £3m for a player who has only played 1 full season and scores a hat-trick in a pre season game! Don't get me wrong, I think he'll do well, but there's no way we could've asked for more.

Chez78

I actually think we got good money for Wilson, give em as much grief as you like but the Wilson sale price I don't think we can be to disappointed with

mrtrench

Oxford play in League 2. Wilson is already proven at a higher level. What is it about scoring against such a side that would make him worth more?

Rusty Trombone

This is just a question....was the fee disclosed in its entirety?

No, widely reported as undisclosed. I'd be amazed if the fee that we got was more than £2m.

Frisky blue

Scores a hat-trick for Bournemouth at Oxford... sold too cheaply ?
The price is irrelevant, none of the fee obtained will ever be reinvested in the playing staff. " Proof" I sense the usual suspects cry. My reply to that would be, look at the record of these owners, and work it out for yourselves. But then again those in denial, regarding the plight of Coventry City FC, do not seem to possess the faculties to understand the facts. Of course it is always " it's the evil council and ACL who are culpable". Respected High court judges, respected journalists, and the vast majority of decent Coventry people, even many who are not fans, are all wrong obviously.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

compare it to the 1.4 million Bradford got for nakhi wells and then ask yourself is he really twice as good as wells. the deal was a good one the money just ended up with the wrong people invested back into the right players 3 million would be enough to make most teams in this division contenders. the criminal move was not buy sam winnell who went to Barnsley for around 500k

skybluetony176

The price is irrelevant, none of the fee obtained will ever be reinvested in the playing staff. " Proof" I sense the usual suspects cry. My reply to that would be, look at the record of these owners, and work it out for yourselves. But then again those in denial, regarding the plight of Coventry City FC, do not seem to possess the faculties to understand the facts. Of course it is always " it's the evil council and ACL who are culpable". Respected High court judges, respected journalists, and the vast majority of decent Coventry people, even many who are not fans, are all wrong obviously.

This↑

Samo

The price is irrelevant, none of the fee obtained will ever be reinvested in the playing staff. " Proof" I sense the usual suspects cry. My reply to that would be, look at the record of these owners, and work it out for yourselves. But then again those in denial, regarding the plight of Covenry City FC, do not seem to possess the faculties to understand the facts. Of course it is always " it's the evil council and ACL who are culpable". Respected High court judges, respected journalists, and the vast majority of decent Coventry people, even many who are not fans, are all wrong obviously.

Irrelevant you say? For all you know we may have been in admin again by now without it. There is a bigger picture.

skybluetony176

Irrelevant you say? For all you know we may have been in admin again by now without it. There is a bigger picture.

If we were in administration again it wouldn't have been because we didn't sell CW. It would have been because our owners and their policy off distressing ACL at any cost to the club is a disaster for CCFC. Why people can't understand that and are then grateful that the same incompetent owners sell the family jewels to "save" us from that policy is nothing short of mind boggling.

Samo

If we were in administration again it wouldn't have been because we didn't sell CW. It
would have been because our owners and their policy off distressing ACL at any cost to the club is a disaster for CCFC. Why people can't understand that and are then grateful that the same incompetent owners sell the family jewels to "save" us from that policy is nothing short of mind boggling.

I didn't say they are not incompetent and I certainly didn't say I am grateful! But from a cold realistic business point of view, I believe what I said is possible. Without the Wilson, Clarke and Arsenal cash, Sisu may well have thrown in the towel by now.

dancers lance

I don't think so....TM clearly stated the have the funds in place to support the club for the next 3 years and had to prove this to the FL, this was before the move to Sixflllllddsszzz.

mark82

It probably won't be reinvested but what do you really expect when no one is attending?

Samo

I don't think so....TM clearly stated the have the funds in place to support the club for the
next 3 years and had to prove this to the FL, this was before the move to Sixflllllddsszzz.

Must be true then.

dancers lance

Must be true then.
Well ...it couldn't be exactly true if we needed to sell players that we didn't know would be worth any money a year after we said we had enough money to cover costs for 3 years.

Astute

Why is that? SISU said that they would cover all losses built up whilst we are playing in our enforced move to Northampton.

Astute

I didn't say they are not incompetent and I certainly didn't say I am grateful! But from a cold realistic business point of view, I believe what I said is possible. Without the Wilson, Clarke and Arsenal cash, Sisu may well have thrown in the towel by now.

Just like they will throw the towel in if they are shown to be wrong when the JR is finished.................

Astute

It probably won't be reinvested but what do you really expect when no one is attending?

I would expect SISU to bring our club home and multiply our income once their attempt at ripping off all concerned in the Ricoh was shown to be so.

skybluetony176

I wouldn't expect fans to make excuses for SISU but ................... ↑

And then to also blame other fans for not following a SISU policy that can only ever damage the club. The phrase SISU apologists was coined because of posts like yours.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I am not sure we could have got much more for Callum as we reportedly did. Scoring 3 goals against Oxford certainly doesn't prove anything either.

Sky Blue Kid

As Frisky blue has correctly stated...The price is irrelevant. It could have been £10m. The only place that money was going was to SISU's arse pocket.

Kingokings204

As Frisky blue has correctly stated...The price is irrelevant. It could have been £10m. The only place that money was going was to SISU's arse pocket.

But I thought sisu were going to provide free transport and cover the losses? Were they fibbing?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Kingokings204..........Don't be silly KOK. SISU don't tell lies/filibuster/pocket any transfer fees. They are totally transparent, honest, and above board in everything they say or do. They are so honest, and have high morals that it's High Court Judges that "Get it wrong"...Shame on you Lord Justice Hickinbottam, go and sit on the naughty step, you bad boy.

Samo

Yeh they must be raking it in.

Grendel

Yeh they must be raking it in.

They must be - frisky said so. I'd imagine Seppella will make her real fortune from her book - How to Make Money From Football. It involves moving grounds, reducing your crowds and revenues by 80% and getting relegated.

It's going to be a best seller. Frisky is doing the forward page apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread