Amy Winehouse (1 Viewer)

They tried to make me go to rehab, I said Nor-way-way

What's the difference between Amy Winehouse and a moped ?

A moped reaches 30.

Kuklinski

My heart goes out to Amy Winehouse's drug dealer at this very difficult time.He has experienced a bigger loss than anyone.

Amy Winehouse commited suicide when it was explained to her that she had won 5 Grammys and not 5 Grams...
Amy Winehouse walks into a pub and the barman says "sorry, we don't serve spirits"

Elton John will perform at Amy Winehouse's funeral with a beautiful rendition of Candle Under The Spoon.

Tommy Pitera

Amy Winehouse approaches the gates of Heaven and is at the back of a massive queue of people. St. Peter sees her and beckons her to the front. "Am I getting special treatment because of my fame?" she asks. St. Peter replies, "No, we're still waiting for a Norwegian translator for this lot!"

Hugh Jarse

I could give you a few jokes but they are all on Sikipedia, so there's no point.

What disturbs me slightly is people calling her a legend, a wasted talent, too young to die. Let's put things into prospective here. She wasn't a legend at all (how many albums has she released?), she was certainly wasted most of the time (see clips of her last gig to see her falling all over the place before being booed off) and you are never too young to die if you are a smackhead and an alcoholic.

She had been warned, given advice/treatment and still continued along the self destruct path. It may not have been drugs that did the final deed to her but I for one am not mourning the passing of a music legend. Skyblue Princess had a point, the tragedy in Norway has been overshadowed by Winehouse and we shouldn't forget that the victims in that tragedy never had a say in whether they lived or died.

We'll have to endure a few weeks more of Amy's music, after that, maybe we can get on with OUR lives.

rob9872

Only overshadowed on Sky News they just love a disaster. Hacking phones was apparently a huge scandal until Norway and Winehouse, now it's not even mentioned. Themedia are pretty disgusting all round but then so are the celebrities and wannabes who crave the fame and attention.

JCR1987

I'm not going to say I'm glad she's dead, but I don't care that she's not alive anymore. The most annoying thing about it is that the rat infested scag-bag got billing on the news ahead of real tragedies such as the Norway incident. Stories such as hers should be a little ditty at the end of the news when the presenter says "And finally..."

The only positive to come out of her killing herself is there's now one less waster on this planet sucking in my precious oxygen.

rob9872

I don't really know much about her or her music. Legend is clearly stretching the truth and the outpouring of emotion over soemone who ruined herself seems odd, but each to their own. I have no problem with jokes about celebs as their families won't be reading here to be affected, but taking all that into consideration I still find the above post pretty vile.

Kuklinski

I don't really know much about her or her music. Legend is clearly stretching the truth and the outpouring of emotion over soemone who ruined herself seems odd, but each to their own. I have no problem with jokes about celebs as their families won't be reading here to be affected, but taking all that into consideration I still find the above post pretty vile.

He's entitled to his opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but I think he called it spot on.

rob9872

He is entitled to his opinion, I don't mind that. I don't care if he didn't like her. I don't care if he didn't care in the way that he said. However, to call a 27 year old woman who has caused him no harm and he probably only is aware of through the scum that are the tabloid press, to call her a "rat infested scag-bag" and a waste of oxygen is beyond disrespectful.

Can I ask what harm she caused you in your life, that you think it's spot on? You seem very bitter.

Kuklinski

He is entitled to his opinion, I don't mind that. I don't care if he didn't like her. I don't care if he didn't care in the way that he said. However, to call a 27 year old woman who has caused him no harm and he probably only is aware of through the scum that are the tabloid press, to call her a "rat infested scag-bag" and a waste of oxygen is beyond disrespectful.

Can I ask what harm she caused you in your life, that you think it's spot on? You seem very bitter.

How can you deduce somebody is bitter based on agreeing with what another person posted? :D

Thankfully I don't do bitter, life is too short, as dear Miss Winehouse has shown. Winehouse didn't cause me any personal harm, but her antics, her drug taking, her boozing set a terrible example to the weaker minded people who looked up to her, much like the Pete Doherty's of this world. It is my opinion that the world is a better place without drug fueled parasites like Winehouse and Doherty in it, so please let Doherty be next.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is the people leaving fags and booze outside her house as a memory. It shows people remember her for being off her head. Lovely.

rob9872

Wishing somebody dead - always a nice trait to look for in people :(

rob9872

Err ... have you read a word?

It's not that she is gone, I had no great affinity for her or her music it's your choice of phrase.

Therefore not a question of moving on, there is nothing to move on from, just that you Kul think it fine between you to wish harm on others for no sane reason other than you don't like something you've read about her. The truth is that like her or not this woman you call a "rat infested scag-bag" has left her mark on this world much greater than you or I are ever likely to achieve.

AngryAnt

Every life is precious no matter if its a child or an 80 year old. For anyones life to end before its ment to and then to make fun of it.. sorry but its sick and wrong.

JCR1987

The truth is that like her or not this woman you call a "rat infested scag-bag" has left her mark on this world much greater than you or I are ever likely to achieve.

Even if I do nothing at all for the rest of my life I'll have left a better impression on society than she ever did.

I call her that name because she looked, and probably was dirty. She was also a drug addict, but not just an everyday, keep it to yourself addict, but one who revelled in it and didn't care for the consequences of it - which is a terribly irresponsible thing to do considering she is/was, somehow, a role model to many youngsters (and easily-led adults). I could maybe understand a little if she couldn't afford to get treatment, but she could (I'm not going to mention rehab).

The fact that she's famous for a couple of songs doesn't change my opinion of her, or make me feel any more sorry for her. At the end of the day if she was a nobody who lived over the road from me and my kids and they were there thinking she's dead cool for getting wasted every day, conning people out of their money and then ended up killing herself, I seriously wouldn't care a jot that she'd killed herself. For clarity, i'd also not care if she just moved away and was no longer a bad influence in the society in which I live.

In fact, if I was going to show any emotion it'd be annoyance that someone who had a chance such as hers has just injected it away out of pure selfish self indulgence.

I have read that she'd given up the drink and drugs and suffered a possible heart failure. It's such a shame that people can become addicted to something so harmful.

JCR1987

just that you Kul think it fine between you to wish harm on others for no sane reason other than you don't like something you've read about her.

I'd also like to point out that at no stage did i wish harm on Amy Winehouse.

rob9872

Even if I do nothing at all for the rest of my life I'll have left a better impression on society than she ever did.

I call her that name because she looked, and probably was dirty. She was also a drug addict, but not just an everyday, keep it to yourself addict, but one who revelled in it and didn't care for the consequences of it - which is a terribly irresponsible thing to do considering she is/was, somehow, a role model to many youngsters (and easily-led adults). I could maybe understand a little if she couldn't afford to get treatment, but she could (I'm not going to mention rehab).

The fact that she's famous for a couple of songs doesn't change my opinion of her, or make me feel any more sorry for her. At the end of the day if she was a nobody who lived over the road from me and my kids and they were there thinking she's dead cool for getting wasted every day, conning people out of their money and then ended up killing herself, I seriously wouldn't care a jot that she'd killed herself. For clarity, i'd also not care if she just moved away and was no longer a bad influence in the society in which I live.

In fact, if I was going to show any emotion it'd be annoyance that someone who had a chance such as hers has just injected it away out of pure selfish self indulgence.

I laregly agree with most of this post, but your reeasoning here and your opening gambit on the previous post are poles apart. That said it was never your opinion that bothered me, I don't expect you or anyone to like her, to be perfectly honest from the little I know of her, I didn't either, but it was the disrespectful and the intent of the name calling I objected to.

The one part of that post I would dispute is the notion that being able to afford clinics could make it ok. Addiction in whatever form it takes is damaging and the thought that you can just give up and turn it on or off like a tap is way off the mark.

rob9872

I'd also like to point out that at no stage did i wish harm on Amy Winehouse.

that's why I said both of you. You suggested that it was positive she was no longer wasting your oxygen and Kul hoped it would be Doherty next.

Kuklinski

It's not that she is gone, I had no great affinity for her or her music it's your choice of phrase.

Therefore not a question of moving on, there is nothing to move on from, just that you Kul think it fine between you to wish harm on others for no sane reason other than you don't like something you've read about her. The truth is that like her or not this woman you call a "rat infested scag-bag" has left her mark on this world much greater than you or I are ever likely to achieve.

I can't say for certain she was "rat infested" but she was definitely a scag bag.

As for what mark she has left on this world? The very fact people have left booze and fags outside her flat in her honour, sums up the reality behind the celebrity. I wonder if somebody will leave a bag of sniff and a dirty needle too? Just to really emphasise what a class act she was. So in closing I have zero sympathy. Nobody forced her into taking drugs, nobody forced her to smoke fags and nobody forced her to become a hopeless drunk. There are a million and 1 people who have left a better mark on this earth than this parasite, so you carry on with your faux outrage, while I await news on the death of Doherty.:claping hands:

rob9872

I'm sure there are those who will rejoice when you have your last intake of breath too and say what an inconsiderate, insincere, nasty piece of work this nobody was. I won't be among them as I wouldn't wish it on anyone ;)

Kuklinski

I'm sure there are those who will rejoice when you have your last intake of breath too and say what an inconsiderate, insincere, nasty piece of work this nobody was. I won't be among them as I wouldn't wish it on anyone ;)

Well I wouldn't want you to mistake me for someone who gives a fuck. I will care as much in death what people think of me as I do in life, not one iota. I wasn't put on this earth for any fame or adulation, however, one thing this nobody has over Winehouse is at least I hit my 30's. Now calm down son, we are all entitled to an opinion, you'll give yourself a coronary the way you're going on.

rob9872

No coronary here. Just confirming what we already may have gathered that beneath all the bullshit and brovado there actually isn't much going on. Lonely, slightly twisted and a bit odd. Good day sir.

Kuklinski

No coronary here. Just confirming what we already may have gathered that beneath all the bullshit and brovado there actually isn't much going on. Lonely, slightly twisted and a bit odd. Good day sir.

You really don't like people not having the same opinion as you do you? "bullshit" "brAvado" "lonely" "twisted" "a bit odd" "nobody" "inconsiderate" "insincere" "nasty piece of work" and you have deduced all on the strength of me refusing to show faux sympathy about the demise of Winehouse? :claping hands:

rob9872

Absolutely not. I've showed no sympathy for her. If you bothered to actually try and understand, then at no point have I said I feel sorry for her, nor that I liked any of her music or indeed anything about her. What I haven't done is suggest that it's good when young misguided addicts are taken from life early. This opinion of you is not formed on your winehouse posts alone. Your discussion on here last week and your avatar coupled with your views on this and in only so few posts, suggest that your character is less than desired. You say you're in no way bothered, but you too keep popping back to respond to my childish ping-pong retorts.

My original beef if you remember a number of posts back, was at a completely different post that you hadn't even made but agreed with. I pointed out then as I repeat now so perhaps you might get it, the opinion is not the problem. We all have them, they won't always agree or a forum would be pointless, but it's knowing where to draw thge line and the what is acceptable. My stance is clear, I've not waivered but read back and you might actually learn something (although of course I wouldn't expect you to climb down and lose face by agreeing).

Kuklinski

Absolutely not. I've showed no sympathy for her. If you bothered to actually try and understand, then at no point have I said I feel sorry for her, nor that I liked any of her music or indeed anything about her. What I haven't done is suggest that it's good when young misguided addicts are taken from life early. This opinion of you is not formed on your winehouse posts alone. Your discussion on here last week and your avatar coupled with your views on this and in only so few posts, suggest that your character is less than desired. You say you're in no way bothered, but you too keep popping back to respond to my childish ping-pong retorts.

My original beef if you remember a number of posts back, was at a completely different post that you hadn't even made but agreed with. I pointed out then as I repeat now so perhaps you might get it, the opinion is not the problem. We all have them, they won't always agree or a forum would be pointless, but it's knowing where to draw thge line and the what is acceptable. My stance is clear, I've not waivered but read back and you might actually learn something (although of course I wouldn't expect you to climb down and lose face by agreeing).

Who are you to decide when the line should be drawn? You may find what has been posted unpalatable, but if that's how people want to view Winehouse and her sort then so be it.

The reason you have droned on is because you cannot accept we aren't all liberal drones who have been brainwashed into sympathising with the death of a drug addict. I feel no pity, I do pity the victims of drug addicts who mug, rob and steal to feed their disgusting habit. But I guess in your eyes they are "nobody's" too because they aren't in the media on a weekly basis.

Some of us "nobody's" aren't seduced by the cult of celebrity, and I am not bothered one iota at the death of a drug addict, celebrity or not, a nobody or not, 27 or not. It was her lifestyle choice, and she paid for it with her life, whooooo.

P.S. I'm not climbing down because I don't agree with you, nothing to do with me losing face.

Last edited:

rob9872

Who are you to decide when the line should be drawn? You may find what has been posted unpalatable, but if that's how people want to view Winehouse and her sort then so be it.

The reason you have droned on is because you cannot accept we aren't all liberal drones who have been brainwashed into sympathising with the death of a drug addict. I feel no pity, I do pity the victims of drug addicts who mug, rob and steal to feed their disgusting habit. But I guess in your eyes they are "nobody's" too because they aren't in the media on a weekly basis.

Some of us "nobody's" aren't seduced by the cult of celebrity, and I am not bothered one iota at the death of a drug addict, celebrity or not, a nobody or not, 27 or not. It was her lifestyle choice, and she paid for it with her life, whooooo.

P.S. I'm not climbing down because I don't agree with you, nothing to do with me losing face.

Only overshadowed on Sky News they just love a disaster. Hacking phones was apparently a huge scandal until Norway and Winehouse, now it's not even mentioned. Themedia are pretty disgusting all round but then so are the celebrities and wannabes who crave the fame and attention.

My post four pages back on this thread. You see our views are not so different. The distinction is that I can understand yours, but without the need for the hatred or wanting them to die.

I'mARealWizard

Wow. So many medical and psychological experts on here.

I must have missed the research proving that addictions were a choice rather than an illness.

Understanding someone having an addiction is not the same as condoning any choices they made before becoming addicted.

I'd quite like to see a poll on this, who do we all agree with? Rob or Kuklinsky.

Rob don't get into too much of an argument with this guy or he'll beat you to death with a wooden dowell, pull out your teeth, chop of your finger tips with a meat cleaver and dump you in the Hudson.

If that's the sort of guy he models himself as/assumes the identity of then he's a bit mucked up in the head and will never agree with the views of a reasonable human being.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread