Amy Winehouse (1 Viewer)

Kuklinski

My post four pages back on this thread. You see our views are not so different. The distinction is that I can understand yours, but without the need for the hatred or wanting them to die.

No hatred whatsoever, just zero sympathy. As I have already said, my sympathy is toward those who have been unfortunate enough to become a victim of drug addicts, not the addicts themselves.

Wow. So many medical and psychological experts on here.

I must have missed the research proving that addictions were a choice rather than an illness.

Understanding someone having an addiction is not the same as condoning any choices they made before becoming addicted.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. We are all given choices in life, we are in control of our own destiny. I was brought up to accept responsibility for my actions, not to do wrong and then have some liberal sop make excuses for me. As for addictions being an illness, (I'm not saying it isn't), wouldn't you think it is a good idea to steer clear of drugs if you have this addiction? Or is that not their fault either?

I'd quite like to see a poll on this, who do we all agree with? Rob or Kuklinsky.

Rob don't get into too much of an argument with this guy or he'll beat you to death with a wooden dowell, pull out your teeth, chop of your finger tips with a meat cleaver and dump you in the Hudson.

If that's the sort of guy he models himself as/assumes the identity of then he's a bit mucked up in the head and will never agree with the views of a reasonable human being.

You can conduct any amount of poll's you like, it makes no odds to me, I'm not here to be popular or liked. I'm not here to make excuses for adults who made the choice to take drugs, even sillier if they have this addiction thing going on, but if ganging up in an attempt to silence me is your thing then bring it on, I'm not going anywhere.

Ernie Machin

duty_calls.png

You can conduct any amount of poll's you like, it makes no odds to me, I'm not here to be popular or liked. I'm not here to make excuses for adults who made the choice to take drugs, even sillier if they have this addiction thing going on, but if ganging up in an attempt to silence me is your thing then bring it on, I'm not going anywhere.

I was thinking of it more as a social experiment than ganging up on you. I genuinely would like to know how many people in modern society agree with your views.

I shall not rub you up the wrong way incase you make me worship you, gun in hand.

I bet you're really a spotty 16 year old with no life, that has a fascination with serial killers and sociopaths. One day you too will unleash your fury like the freak in Norway. Alternatively you could just be a bit argumentative. :pimp:

Kuklinski

I don't need people to agree with me to validate my opinion. My opinion is what it is, an opinion. If modern society means doing wrong and having a percentage of people excusing my wrongdoing, then give me the old fashioned way, whereby if you do wrong, you accept responsibility and get on with life.

As for your other assumptions, you are wrong. I don't hate anybody enough to have an inner fury that could lead to me doing something similar to the Norway nut job, but if silly comments like that make you feel your opinion holds more sway then please continue.

I don't need people to agree with me to validate my opinion. My opinion is what it is, an opinion. If modern society means doing wrong and having a percentage of people excusing my wrongdoing, then give me the old fashioned way, whereby if you do wrong, you accept responsibility and get on with life.

As for your other assumptions, you are wrong. I don't hate anybody enough to have an inner fury that could lead to me doing something similar to the Norway nut job, but if silly comments like that make you feel your opinion holds more sway then please continue.

Obviously you're the alternative option that I offered then and you're just argumentative.

Regis87

Some of what Kulinski says is right ! We all have choices in life , we have all drank too much , smoked the odd joint and gambled a little . If you want to spend a lifetime smoking crack and drinking Breaker that's your choice but not mine . I used to know 2 blokes ( great blokes ) one ended up at the chase hostel after wife walked out and drank himself to death . The other was a well off friend , nice wife and kids and home , he had a choice but he chose whiskey .
You have a choice and one life !

JCR1987

Not aimed any person or their relations, but as I see it, addiction is just a habit that your body had adapted to and requires more and more of a substance to reproduce the original effect (high). So, if your body can adapt to require more, it can also adapt to require less. As with all bad habits, it just takes a bit (maybe a lot) of willpower to overcome and, if you're lucky enough to be financially comfortable, professional help can go a long way to beating addiction - if indeed you want to beat the addiction.

rob9872

I don't profess to be an expert in this area, but I think the mind is much more difficult to overcome than the body.

rob9872

I suffer with doing this to excess that I can't always control, so could be considered addictions. Food, drinking, gambling, a small amount of Tourette habits, poker, even this forum to an extent. In fact thinking about it when I could play football that got out of control as it was almost every night and all weekend.

There are times when I've been worse than others, usually refelctive in hindsight what a waste things were or how it could have been handled differently, but almost impossible to stop in the middle of a session. I guess I'm just fortunate not to have discovered hard drugs.

I'mARealWizard

Not aimed any person or their relations, but as I see it, addiction is just a habit that your body had adapted to and requires more and more of a substance to reproduce the original effect (high). So, if your body can adapt to require more, it can also adapt to require less. As with all bad habits, it just takes a bit (maybe a lot) of willpower to overcome and, if you're lucky enough to be financially comfortable, professional help can go a long way to beating addiction - if indeed you want to beat the addiction.

This is nonsense.

Your body has a chemical dependence on some forms of addiction that alter your physiology.

You are guessing and your opinion is a guess -

You can not "adapt" to require less and proffesional help is nothing more than a temporary cure.

"Drug addiction" as you call it - for others it is a way of life - it should be referred to as an illness and not an addiction -

Most health care professionals would like to refer to it as this.

In summary.

Drug addiction is an illness

you are saying "use willpower"

How many illness's get beat using willpower ?

JCR1987

Of course you can adapt to require less its what athletes/dieters/recovering addicts do all the time. And to say that professional help is only a temporary fix, well i hope this doesn't get out as addicts will end up sacking off their psychiatrists and taking the shortcut to suicide.

If you are so confident why dont you go to Hillfields and tell some of the prostitiutes that they only need "willpower" to solve there crack addiction ? you could also go to a drugs worker and tell her that she just needs to tell her clients they need to "adapt" like athletes do.

JCR1987

If you are so confident why dont you go to Hillfields and tell some of the prostitiutes that they only need "willpower" to solve there crack addiction ? you could also go to a drugs worker and tell her that she just needs to tell her clients they need to "adapt" like athletes do.

It'd certainly be a better way of approaching it rather than feeding them more crack just to to tide them over.

What exactly do drug workers do then if they don't try and get their clients to adapt/change/help themselves?

I'mARealWizard

It'd certainly be a better way of approaching it rather than feeding them more crack just to to tide them over.

What exactly do drug workers do then if they don't try and get their clients to adapt/change/help themselves?

It seems so obvious and simple now you've pointed it out like this.

I can't believe we've all been so blind for so long!

JCR1987

And your solution is what?

A nice cuddle?
A nice drug substitute?
Or perhaps tell them it's not their fault, it's everyone else oppressing them?

Tommy Pitera

I've just popped down with my floral tribute to Amy Winehouse, last years christmas tree.It's the perfect tribute, five and a half feet, dead and surrounded by needles.

Amy Winehouse approaches the gates of Heaven and is at the back of a massive queue of people.

St. Peter sees her and beckons her to the front.

"Am I getting special treatment because of my fame?" she asks.

St. Peter replies, "No, we're still waiting for a Norwegian translator for this lot!"

I'mARealWizard

And your solution is what?

A nice cuddle?
A nice drug substitute?
Or perhaps tell them it's not their fault, it's everyone else oppressing them?

Oh, I'm sorry.

I don't pretend to be an expert on things that I know very little about.

I leave that to the professionals.

skyblueprincess

Amy Winehouse died!!! So did i Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christophe r Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27....Are all Marines that gave their lives this week for you.

ajsccfc

I hate that mawkish guilt-inducing bullshit that you see idiots roll out when someone famous dies.

If you honestly have to question why the death of someone famous and part of pop culture makes bigger headlines than a fireman or a soldier, I wouldn't trust you to cross the road unsupervised or differentiate between right and left when putting your shoes on.

Macca

besides despite the merits of bravery nobody in Afghanistan is fighting for me. In terms of Amy, she lived by the sword and died by the sword. Addiction is a hard thing to conquer but it isn't impossible. Famous people probably have it more difficult because of all the people fawning over them instead of kicking their arses. The tributes of vodka bottles etc was a sad comment on this country. She wasn't some kind of party animal living the dream, she was an absolute mess with the only thing seperating her from a Hillfields crack whore being a personal fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread