Amazon's World Domination Coming for Footie? (1 Viewer)

OhhEnnEmm

Ey up,

finally worked out how to add a fresh conversation on here :woot:

I don't know if I'm paranoid, but I've been thinking a lot about how Amazon are taking over just about everything and we're all happy for them to do so.

They do offer good services that work well for consumers, but that's right now in the constantly building and evolving stages, surely at some point they might just have so much power that we can't really do much if they do try to screw us?

Anyway, I was looking through the fixtures earlier n saw Amazon Prime will be hosting a couple of the Liverpool games in December. It's made me think, it'll probably be accepted by loads of people as a great option if it's included with Prime, but again, is that just for now so that they can steal the market and eventually control it?

I get a general vibe that Amazon is being nice for that reason, it's a big concern personally, but if it's encroaching into the football world, it's even more extreme than I thought.

Anyone else got any thoughts on it? Not just the footie side, but overall

fernandopartridge

I am making a conscious effort to avoid Amazon (although did have a Kindle until I lost it). They don't work that well for consumers in the broadest sense, who really wants to live in a dystopia where you carry out every transaction online and people rarely leave their houses?

I don't really have an opinion on their encroachment into live football.

RegTheDonk

I think their founder is the richest man in the world? It's more a worry that it will create a bigger gulf between those that will be seen worthy of being offered mega deals (ie prem league, bundersleague etc) and the rest of us playing catch up. Can't understand why anybody would want to spend big money on a subscription or PPV when you can find a stream for the 'big' clubs

Users who are viewing this thread