Amazon Prime Football (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What's their coverage been like?

chiefdave

Seems to be getting decent reviews on twitter.

Don't understand why, when they've got so few games, they have Spurs v Man Utd and the Merseyside derby at the same time tomorrow.

jordan210

Seems to be getting decent reviews on twitter.

Don't understand why, when they've got so few games, they have Spurs v Man Utd and the Merseyside derby at the same time tomorrow.

Dint they buy the rights to 20 games. Basically got them the Boxing Day fixtures and first to say they are playing all games live.

chiefdave

Dint they buy the rights to 20 games. Basically got them the Boxing Day fixtures and first to say they are playing all games live.
they've got all the midweek games this week which are split across tonight, tomorrow and Thursday so would have made sense to split the 2 big games.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's cost, not choice. Not like you can get all the same games on different providers - if you want all the games you have to buy all the packages.

Apparently there has been some noise about it becoming like NFL - all games available and you choose whichever you want - which I've been suggesting for some years. Dunno if they'd also incorporate the 'blackout'.

chiefdave

That works for NFL as the televised game are on the regular TV networks in the US. Here you'd still have to have Sky and BT and then a PL package on top. How many 'big' games aren't televised now? Probably the only subscribers you'd get would be the supporters of the smaller PL teams.

CJ_covblaze

That works for NFL as the televised game are on the regular TV networks in the US. Here you'd still have to have Sky and BT and then a PL package on top. How many 'big' games aren't televised now? Probably the only subscribers you'd get would be the supporters of the smaller PL teams.

I would guess that the only way it could work is the approach the NHL took with GCL. The PL could also say no thanks to Amazon, Sky and BT and go out on their own. Fair play to Amazon. The coverage is good and they haven’t upped their premiums (yet!). £59 for a year of free delivery, live streaming of movies & TV shows, ATP Tennis including the US Open and 20 live PL games is a bargain.

chiefdave

Biggest complaint seems to be people getting goal alerts on twitter and phones before they see the goals on the live stream.

CJ_covblaze

Biggest complaint seems to be people getting goal alerts on twitter and phones before they see the goals on the live stream.

Seen that. It’s a bit behind but so is most sport on TV now. I know the WC Final in the summer was at least 20 seconds behind on Sky.

block16

Can see the tv money rocketing up again. Amazon could outbid all of them if they really wanted to

Otis

Anyone watching any of the games tonight?

The picture quality on my TV tonight is awful. Tried two different games.

Anyone else suffering the same fate?

Nick

Administrator
Mine is fine, I really like it

The stats on screen and highlights are decent too

You can turn commentary off as well
10ec5eb5369789b7b97dd49aeed47f52.jpg

chiefdave

Wonder if they'll release viewing figures, be really interested to see the split across the games.

PurpleBin

Been alright for me so far.

Will be interesting to see the split. Doesn't take a genius to work out the majority will be on the Merseyside Derby and United v Spurs tonight

chiefdave

Not seen Jim Rosenthal on TV for years. Did he upset someone as he's a decent enough presenter, especially compared to some of the dross you get these days. Or is it just everyone has to be young and a former player.

Now to decide if I'm sticking with Man U v Spurs or changing to the Merseyside derby.

skyblue1991

Yeah so far so good from what I can see. Even better that it's a bonus with your £7 or so a month Prime membership!

I can see them rivaling Sky and BT in the next few years, starting with winning more games in the 2020-21 season

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

PurpleBin

I think they'll win more. Sky will have to follow but I suspect you'll be able to stream any game, live, every game week soon enough.

Otis

Been alright for me so far.

Will be interesting to see the split. Doesn't take a genius to work out the majority will be on the Merseyside Derby and United v Spurs tonight
I wonder if it is because I have a 4K stick, but not a 4K TV.

ccfcway

love it. It was like a sports bar in my house tonight, had 3 different games on 3 different screens.

They could blow sky out of the water if they want in the next few years. Check out their turnover v sky !

Bertola

Coverage has been excellent, crystal clear stream for me... However I've only been able to get one game to work each night, all the others have come up with an error code when trying to load them. Fair to say there's been a few teething issues

SkyBlueCharlie9

Quality was great and also had multiple screens up an running. Nice little December bonus. Too much of a tight arse to fork out extra £s though when free market forces lead to inevitable price increase.

Users who are viewing this thread