Am I A Hooligan? (2 Viewers)

scubasteve

I don't want mixed areas, what's maturity got to do with it?
We haven't had them up until now, why do we need them?
Fulham have them, there is no issue with them and they work. It also works in pretty much every other sport. Why cant you can't handle sitting next to someone celebrating a goal for the other team?

SlowerThanPlatt

Fulham have them, there is no issue with them and they work. It also works in pretty much every other sport. Why cant you can't handle sitting next to someone celebrating a goal for the other team?

How do you think Millwall fans would react to West Ham fans celebrating a last minute winner right next to them?

clint van damme

what are you talking, handle sitting next to someone celebrating?
We've never had them, we don't need them and it would be a fundamental change to the game that would ruin the atmosphere.
Crap idea, more post Premiership nonsense.

scubasteve

How do you think Millwall fans would react to West Ham fans celebrating a last minute winner right next to them?
1. Charlton vs coventry is differant than west ham vs millwall.
2. pretty much every sport does not have a issue.
3. They still have segregated areas for fans who feel they cant control themselves or handle a person of another team celebrating a goal.

Sky Blue Harry H

We've never had them, we don't need them and it would be a fundamental change to the game that would ruin the atmosphere.

You could both wear half and half scarves and share a thermos flask (and accidentally spill his coffee in his lap if his team scores!)

scubasteve

You seem to have a issue with someone suporting another team sat next or near you. I think you need to grow up. Good night

clint van damme

3. They still have segregated areas for fans who feel they cant control themselves or handle a person of another team celebrating a goal.

it would kill the atmosphere, and there are enough games with poor atmosphere as it is.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well yeah and pretty much every sport doesn’t have a hooliganism problem which is why in my opinion your idea is nice but is never going to be implemented around the country

Would you have had a neutral section for Coventry v Sunderland?

clint van damme

You seem to have a issue with someone suporting another team sat next or near you. I think you need to grow up. Good night

you talk shit, I've never had people from other clubs sat next to me so neither of us know.

I was at last weeks game with some Mackems, they went in the away end, I went in the home end and we met up afterwards, No need to spend the match together as well, what's the need to sit next to the opposition support? Never heard of this strange craving before.

scubasteve

Well yeah and pretty much every sport doesn’t have a hooliganism problem which is why in my opinion why your idea is nice in hindsight but never going to be implemented around the country

Would you have had a neutral section for Coventry v Sunderland?
Wouldnt bother me one way or another. I probably would choose to sit there but i wouldnt have issue sat next to someone who was a Sunderland fan they could celebrate all they wanted at the goal and visa versa.

scubasteve

you talk shit, I've never had people from other clubs sat next to me so neither of us know.

I was at last weeks game with some Mackems, they went in the away end, I went in the home end and we met up afterwards, No need to spend the match together as well, what's the need to sit next to the opposition support? Never heard of this strange craving before.
You dont have to or want to sit next to the other support. Im not saying their is even a craving for it. Just saying i wouldnt have a issue with it and im sure most other wouldnt like most other sports. You can support your team, celebrate, have banter and go home

Clearly there isnt a craving for it. Just saying i have no issue with it, there is no issue in other sports and it works at fulham with no issues. They still have a home and away end at fulham, but have a option of a neutral area.

fellatio_Martinez

A lot of the allure in supporting your football team is the intense rivalry and threat of violence, especially on away days. Sitting amongst rival football fans and celebrating is commendable but don't react with surprise when you're met with hostility.

Rival rugby fans sit together and there's never trouble but that's because it's a boring sport and they're all to inbred etc

skyblueeyesrevisited

A lot of the allure in supporting your football team is the intense rivalry and threat of violence, especially on away days. Sitting amongst rival football fans and celebrating is commendable but don't react with surprise when you're met with hostility.

Rival rugby fans sit together and there's never trouble but that's because it's a boring sport and they're all to inbred etc
........... and too pissed to stand up.

Astute

I've told this tale before, but I was at Villa Park in the home end with a half-dozen Villa supporting mates. It was the game that Moldovan scored in, and obviously I celebrated. The stewards had to form a ring of protection around me to protect me from the people I'd gone with. I realised at that moment that football, or more rather the tribal elements of it, can change people immeasurably. I also realised that my mates were twats.
My favourite was when I was in the home end at Cardiff. I was taking lots of friendly abuse. Tried to give it back but not easy when you are losing. We all knew what the result was going to be. It was about the 95th minute and I had my back to the game trying to give it back......when our supporters erupted :woot: Norwood got the equaliser from distance. Didn't know who scored at the time. Didn't even look as though we had a chance of scoring just a few seconds before. The cockyness soon left the Cardiff supporters.

A couple of them were not happy. But they were happy with having banter before the goal. But those I were with are big lads. They make me look small which is unusual. I'm just over 6' and was about 18st at the time. They were told to shut the f¥ck up. Then it was handshakes all round and best wishes for the rest of the season.

Astute

I don't want mixed areas, what's maturity got to do with it?
We haven't had them up until now, why do we need them?
Do you not have mates who support other clubs? Don't you enjoy banter with the opponents supporters?

The good thing about being with supporters of opponents is you get a different perspective. You have a different type of laugh. You hit the pubs together. You walk into the ground together. You leave together and hopefully with a win so you have bragging rights.

Most of us are not animals. We should be able to go to games with who we want. I shouldn't have to defend friends or family if they come in our end with me. And they shouldn't have to defend me when I go in with them.

Astute

Two of my brothers are Fester supporters. Does that mean I shouldn't go to games with my brothers when we play them?

Astute

You should disown them.
I'm their big brother :shifty:

The older we get the more irrelevant what team you support becomes. They will always be my little brothers although they are not little.

Otis

Why did they choose Leicester over the mighty Sky Blues?

I had two brothers. One who supports the City, like me, but never, ever goes and my big brother used to support Spurs, but never ever went either.

Astute

Why did they choose Leicester over the mighty Sky Blues?

I had two brothers. One who supports the City, like me, but never, ever goes and my big brother used to support Spurs, but never ever went either.
Not living in Coventry/ family Fester supporters in it. Our dad was a Cov supporter.

rondog1973

Not a hooligan, however...

The last thing I'd want football spectating to become (and it's on a rapid march towards it) is a sanitised, family orientated, buy the popcorn 'product' that the post Taylor report authorities want it to be.

I love the tribalism and one-upmanship. I started following Cov away in the late 80's/early 90's and fondly remember standing on a divided terraces at places like Forest or West Ham, going ape shit as we scored with the euphoric smugness compounded by the furious facial expressions of those from across the barrier.

Save the chummy fan debate for before and after the game. Would never want football spectating to become the same as watching Rugby Union.

ovduk78

Two of my brothers are Fester supporters. Does that mean I shouldn't go to games with my brothers when we play them?
I share your pain, my oldest brother is a Fester supporter. I have been to games with him at HR and Filbert Street where we have both been in with Coventry fans. At HR he kept quiet even though they won 2-0 but at Filbert Street someone guessed he was a Fester fan and I stepped in to defend him.

Pete in Portugal

Strangely, it was a Villa mate of mine and his Villa supporting Dad who took me to see my first game at Highfield Road on September 17th 1963. We beat Crewe 5-1 in front of a near 30,000 crowd to stay top of Division 3. Hale and Hudson were terrific -and I was hooked.

Terry_dactyl

I’m not sure I attend football matches due to the allure of violence. I tend to go due to the allure of ‘football match’.
I think if you sit in the ‘wrong’ end you’ve just got to not be an arse. It’s about manners.
I remember a crucial end of season home game against West Ham, they had hartson, Kitson, lampard etc we scored first and I think we lost 1-3. Anyway, it wasn’t until West Ham scored that my dad and I realised we were the only two cov fans amongst a sea of West Ham fans...who all went berserk when they scored. How they all got in the cov end I’ll never know!
Instead of forcibly ejecting what felt like the bulk of the ‘Inner City Firm’, at the end of the game Father and I took the moral high ground and told them well played, shook their hands, and wished them good luck for the remainder of the season.
We then ran home, and hid under our beds. Manners.

Malaka

You’re not a hooligan, but sometimes you use capital letters inappropriately.
As English isn't my first language, I think I do OK (is that how I write it? or is it ok?) Either way thank you for the grammar lesson.

clint van damme

That's different. Same with the Malaka situation. But setting up specific mixed zones.
Just not right in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread