Alternative managers - who then? (1 Viewer)

skyblueman

If it's not Thorn then who else could we REALISTICALLY have as Manager?

Marty

His signings have been terrible, should have built a core of decent hardened league one players, then could have got a couple of pacey wingers and a goal scorer. We have signed complete unknows at this level and it's either going to be a stroke of genius or he'll be sacked by November (i'm going for the latter).

PVA

It honestly amazes me that people on here are calling for Thorns head after a couple of friendly defeats.

But then again half the people on here think Dunnis a better option than Murphy so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

Otis

His signings have been terrible, should have built a core of decent hardened league one players, then could have got a couple of pacey wingers and a goal scorer. We have signed complete unknows at this level and it's either going to be a stroke of genius or he'll be sacked by November (i'm going for the latter).

Certainly a gamble looking at players from the French 2nd division, Greece and the Australian A League.

Only time will tell if they are any good or not.

Marty

I didn't want Thorn from the start but gave him my backing, I wanted him gone after that shambolic defeat to Bristol City. Hes tactically inept and has proved himself to be so on many occasions, he hadn't learnt from mistakes earlier in the season. If I could see an improvement I would back him, but I can't see one.

Also have always said Murphy is a good keeper for the standard we are at, and not once said Dunn is better.

skyblueman

SERIOUSLY can nobody suggest anyone else that we could bring in? It's all very well moaning about Thorn but unless you can come up with a serious alternative you're not helping

mr_monkey101

Shaun dyche for me.... he did very well at watford and i dont think he would cost the ends of the earth to recruit, plus he has a point to prove after being sacked by watford's new owners

Marty

SERIOUSLY, If your wife was shagging other blokes you wouldn't go well, I can't find anyone else so I might as well stick with her would you? You'd kick her out in the street.

Nick

Administrator
Steve Tilson, mainly because I know people who know and have done some work for him in the past so might be able to get inside info :D

Nick

Administrator
Shaun dyche for me.... he did very well at watford and i dont think he would cost the ends of the earth to recruit, plus he has a point to prove after being sacked by watford's new owners

Wouldn't be such a bad shout, I don't know too much about him though but he didn't seem the type to mess about.

ccfc1973

dennis wise , paul ince , richard money , noel whelan :thinking about:, mark robins , brian laws ,gary megson , eric black, gary johnson , andy morrell ,liam daish , lee carsley/gregor rioch ,steve cotterill , martin allen ,jim magilton ,Raymond Verheijen ,paul simpson ,uwe rosler ,sean dyche ,nigel worthington ,

Nick

Administrator
Tisdale maybe? His name keeps cropping up.

This is a quote from Wiki so might not be 100%

On their return to football in League 1, Exeter secured safety on the final day of the season with a 2–1 win over Huddersfield, securing 18th place in the league. The winning goal coming from Ryan Harley8 minutes from time in front of a packed St James' Park. For Tisdale to secure League 1 status for the club was remarkable given the comparative differences in playing budget between themselves and other teams in the league such as Leeds United, Norwich City and Southampton.
Even more remarkable is the fact that on top of previous player sales, Tisdale also recouped notable sums by selling Dean Moxey to Derby County and Danny Seaborne to Southampton. He has paid a transfer fee for just one player, Troy Archibald-Henville, £50,000 from Tottenham Hotspur in 2010.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Boothroyd go in at Northampton where they were pretty much dead and buried and do a decent job?

clemy07

All players are unknown until they make a name for them selves. Ndlovu, Huckerby and Dublin were not proven at top flight level but they proved to be great signings. We are in league 1 with no money so why do people think we can attract top players?

Marty

All players are unknown until they make a name for them selves. Ndlovu, Huckerby and Dublin were not proven at top flight level but they proved to be great signings. We are in league 1 with no money so why do people think we can attract top players?

You can pick out the very small percentage of names who have made the grade or you can look at the wider aspect, I could quite easily pick twice as many who haven't made the step up and drifter into obscurity. I appreciate that the new lads are very much unknown by us at the moment, but the pressure will be on from the first whistle and they won't have the time to settle or in some cases adapt to the English style of play.

A lot of good quality league one players have been up for a free transfer this summer and can't help but feel we have missed out on some players who would have taken next to no time to fit in and added genuine quality to the side.

As said many times, not all transfers will work out but you have to give yourself the best chance possible and making signings from the french 2nd, Greek 2nd & possibly the A league fills me with little confidence.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What planet are some people on?

Zola? To Coventry? Why not mention Louis Van Gaal?

Steve Cotterill? Brilliant. Just when I think some people are building a credible debate, these sorts of names are thrown into the ring to highlight the troubled minds of some.

I know, Barack Obama. Or Barbara Streisand. How about Gandalf?

sylus

Steve Cotterill? Brilliant. Just when I think some people are building a credible debate, these sorts of names are thrown into the ring to highlight the troubled minds of some.

nah, personnally, i'd go with coco the clown..

sky blue john

I can just see now the agents of the managers mentioned on this thread ringing up Sisu.
How much will my client have to spend in the transfer market ?

Tad

I'd don't mind giving new talent a chance. Thorn is just rubbish. Was last season, will be this.

skybluejohn

Harry is still looking and his golf handicap has improved. rumours are he is hanging around AFC Bournemouth where he always helped them out.

covcity4life

are you saying zola(sacked from WHU stint,now at a championship mid table team) is on same level as louie van gaal?

another uneducated football fan who only goes to the games for a pint i see.

skybluegod

if any of us was a manager i guarantee we would be shit, the players wouldn't respect us, we don't have any coaching exp and none of us have played any type of pro football (thats just to the people who say they could do better). i want to keep thorn.

Marty

if any of us was a manager i guarantee we would be shit, the players wouldn't respect us, we don't have any coaching exp and none of us have played any type of pro football (thats just to the people who say they could do better). i want to keep thorn.

Only one way to find, give me the job, I'll even do it for free.

Nick

Administrator

How do you know that? Who did Roy Hodgson play for again?

Astute

are you saying zola(sacked from WHU stint,now at a championship mid table team) is on same level as louie van gaal?

another uneducated football fan who only goes to the games for a pint i see.

Are you trying to make people laugh by continually calling others uneducated?

Users who are viewing this thread