Allez, allez, allez (1 Viewer)

rob9872

We've not had a version of this since Shippers, but always sounds good in full flow from other teams, eg Liverpool, The Vile and West Brom. I like the WB particularly as it goes old school so I've had a go. Feel free to change or even better belt out to Leicester in full voice. Here goes, tin hat on ready ....

🎵🎵 The Sky Blue revolution
To reach the pinacle
Achieved in 67
Under super Jimmy Hill
John Sillet & George Curtis
They brought the FA Cup
Now we've got King Mark Robins
And he'll take us right back up
Allez, allez, allez ... 🎵🎵

usskyblue

06ae982f9b810a79824dda7de5ac9079.gif

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We've not had a version of this since Shippers, but always sounds good in full flow from other teams, eg Liverpool, The Vile and West Brom. I like the WB particularly as it goes old school so I've had a go. Feel free to change or even better belt out to Leicester in full voice. Here goes, tin hat on ready ....

To reach the pinacle
Achieved in 67
Under super Jimmy Hill
They brought the FA Cup

Very happy that the song went with Shipley. It’s a cliche, copy and paste football league song. Get in the bin.

Evo1883

To reach the pinacle
Achieved in 67
Under super Jimmy Hill
They brought the FA Cup

One of the better efforts ive seen on here tbh

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Most songs are like that tbf though. My personal hate is the Doug King song but I'll always join in still, anything that keeps the atmosphere going really.

Wouldn’t knock a fellow fans enthusiasm, so keep trying. Maybe look for something that has caught on away from football.

I get what you mean but there’s lots of copy and paste football league songs “football in a library” etc that make me cringe and Allez has become a cliche like that.

We at least have PUSB that’s unique, and the We’ll Live and Die In These Towns blasted by the fans/tannoy before the game is totally unique and brilliant. Is there a way to shorten/adapt that to make a fans chant that can be carried without the tannoy?

Briles

Fuxk me still don't know the sakamoto song don't give me more

Its

going loco, we love sakamoto, when he scores a goal.

To the tune of Acapulco

That’s what I sing anyway

larry_david

Scouse wankers.
Exactly. I dunno where it came from but I know Liverpool took great pride in bringing it to England and make it their own, that scouser singer even released it as a single.

Now I find it utterly embarrassing when other clubs sing it. I was at a cov game with my Liverpool mate and the Shipley version started and he just looked at me and I said,'don't even start'.

Sorry but it's cringeworthy in my opinion

rob9872

Wouldn’t knock a fellow fans enthusiasm, so keep trying. Maybe look for something that has caught on away from football.

I get what you mean but there’s lots of copy and paste football league songs “football in a library” etc that make me cringe and Allez has become a cliche like that.

We at least have PUSB that’s unique, and the We’ll Live and Die In These Towns blasted by the fans/tannoy before the game is totally unique and brilliant. Is there a way to shorten/adapt that to make a fans chant that can be carried without the tannoy?
Would love us to sing WLADITT on our own as it is. Would be great. The one/two lines when the music is turned down is great but uts not like Forest or Sheff Utd sing a full chorus to make hairs on the neck stand up.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yep. Coventry unique is what we strive for...... I've always believed we should adopt or adapt more 2-Tone tunes.

The chorus from the specials "Blank Expression" has the punch and structure to hang a truly great chant on, for example....

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Would love us to sing WLADITT on our own as it is. Would be great. The one/two lines when the music is turned down is great but uts not like Forest or Sheff Utd sing a full chorus to make hairs on the neck stand up.

That greasy chip butty song SU sing is utter shit. Football’s dentist waiting room music.

Come on Rob, you can make a condensed version out of WLADITT! That way it can even be sung away from home!

mmttww

Very happy that the song went with Shipley. It’s a cliche, copy and paste football league song. Get in the bin.

We have one original song and we butcher that vs. how it should be sung. People need to get over this originality thing, or write some f*cking chants themselves!

rob9872

Tbf we should probably ask Tom to do it :)
That greasy chip butty song SU sing is utter shit. Football’s dentist waiting room music.

Come on Rob, you can make a condensed version out of WLADITT! That way it can even be sung away from home!

Users who are viewing this thread