**ALL USERS READ THIS, ACTION REQUIRED ASAP** - Sky Blues Talk forum statement (1 Viewer)

Do you full support the statement from our online community

• Fully support the statement

Votes: 368 98.7%
  • Not in my name thank you

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky Blue Pete

Statement on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk online forum.

Sky Blues Talk is a forum of 7500 members; it is the oldest and one of the largest online Coventry City Football Club (CCFC) fan communities. Xxxx members responded to a recent survey, with xx% confirming that they fully support this statement made on their behalf.

We, the representatives of Sky Blues Talk, would like to express our disappointment and frustration with all parties who have contributed to Coventry City playing its home games outside the city that bears its name.

We call upon Wasps RFC to drop any request that CCFC (or its owners) indemnify Wasps against potential or actual costs and losses incurred by them as a result of the State Aid case currently being considered by the European Commission. If the European Commission decides that the sale of the Ricoh Arena to Wasps contravenes State Aid regulations, then this will have been through no fault of CCFC; if CCFC were to agree to indemnify Wasps, the size of any likely financial settlement would in all likelihood bankrupt the club we all love so much.

Equally, we call upon Sisu as owners of CCFC to recommit to halting all legal action surrounding the sale of the Ricoh Arena, as it did prior to last year’s talks regarding playing home games at the Ricoh Arena for the 2019-2020 season. Any continued legal action by Sisu is a roadblock to repairing the relationships required to find CCFC a home in Coventry, either temporarily at the Ricoh Arena or if necessary, in any new stadium (which will obviously require support of the city).

We are very disappointed in the recent press release (dated 15th January 2020) from the Sky Blue Trust. The bewildering absence of any mention of the request by Wasps for financial indemnity by CCFC leaves many members of our community wondering if the Sky Blue Trust can legitimately claim to represent CCFC supporters’ interests in an unbiased manner.

We need to be back playing our home games in Coventry. Staying away is playing Russian roulette with our future and our existence

We acknowledge that our fans have different opinions on whether to travel to St Andrews this season and we hold no grudge against any fan attending or not attending. It is a personal choice for every individual.

We would like to praise Mark Robins and the CCFC squad for continuing the hard job of rebuilding the playing side of the club and turning us into an attractive winning team deserving of a far wider match day audience than has yet been seen in Birmingham.

Finally, we plead with all elements of the media to actively pursue a resolution to the current impasse, and to help facilitate a move back to Coventry without delay.

PUSB
Sky Blue Pete on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk Community

Following the survey the first paragraph will be populated with the figures so please encourage as many posters to vote in the next 5 days

usskyblue

Pete. You’re doing a great job and you’re close.

But In reality, it’s not just the recent statement that’s caused the distrust of the Trust. The statement is one example.

I think it’s fair to say that their continued agenda against ownership (when there’s clearly questions to be leveled at Wasps and the Council) has triggered our desire to speak out, not only at the impasse, but directly at the Trust as well.

This feels like a one shot deal. Let’s grab it by the balls.

Last edited:

rob9872

Would be interesting to see who is against it and their reasons why?
Yeah I PM'd Pete before it went up and suggested making usernames visible in case Orca and the rest all signed up just to skew the results so we could see fi they were new users etc. Ah well, can't restart it now or we'll lose what we already have.

usskyblue

I’m not putting my name to it until we get real with the Trust’s involvement in this mess. It’s the reason why we were moved to action but now seemingly we’re tip-toeing around it.

Are people worried about threats ?

robbiethemole

I’m not putting my name to it until we get real with the Trust’s involvement in this mess. It’s the reason why we were moved to action but now seemingly we’re tip-toeing around it.

bugger me!!! can't think they will be that committed to come all the way to Tampa to threaten to duff you up. Hahahahaha

harvey098

Just in case anyone ticks the box and thinks that’s it... you have to click “cast my vote” and then you will see the current result (82 for and 1 against)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Good post, nice to see us here on this forum can be repsresenting and stick two fingers up at the trust who i dont speak on my behalf but i do trust the knowledgeable long terms members on here to do so. I dont post much on here because living in ireland ect i wouldnt have the info ect to discuss these kind of matters on threads but do read majority that is said and im sure alot would agree with the above!

Briles

Terrified

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    395.6 KB · Views: 34

edgy

Prehaps the thread title could be made more bold and leading?

**ALL USERS READ THIS, ACTION REQUIRED ASAP** - SkyBlueTalk Community Statement

Great_Expectations

What sort of numbers are we hoping for in order for this to be seen as credible?

It’s a fantastic idea and using this forum as a mouthpiece for fans is something we’ve discussed before, so I’m glad it’s coming to fruition with this exercise.

It’s key we get good numbers though, else it’ll be too easily swatted away by the Trust, CET, CCC etc.

Nick

Administrator
What sort of numbers are we hoping for in order for this to be seen as credible?

It’s a fantastic idea and using this forum as a mouthpiece for fans is something we’ve discussed before, so I’m glad it’s coming to fruition with this exercise.

It’s key we get good numbers though, else it’ll be too easily swatted away by the Trust, CET, CCC etc.

I think it will be regardless, it certainly touches a nerve which sends particular people on the attack.

Grendel

In terms of legitimacy If it can get around 300 it’s justified to say it’s representative of the full membership. Even half that and it’s difficult to argue it isn’t

Grendel

I think it will be regardless, it certainly touches a nerve which sends particular people on the attack.

Yes people are really starting to froth at the mouth

RFC

Statement on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk online forum.

Sky Blues Talk is a forum of 7500 members; it is the oldest and one of the largest online Coventry City Football Club (CCFC) fan communities. Xxxx members responded to a recent survey, with xx% confirming that they fully support this statement made on their behalf.

We, the representatives of Sky Blues Talk, would like to express our disappointment and frustration with all parties who have contributed to Coventry City playing its home games outside the city that bears its name.

We call upon Wasps RFC to drop any request that CCFC (or its owners) indemnify Wasps against potential or actual costs and losses incurred by them as a result of the State Aid case currently being considered by the European Commission. If the European Commission decides that the sale of the Ricoh Arena to Wasps contravenes State Aid regulations, then this will have been through no fault of CCFC; if CCFC were to agree to indemnify Wasps, the size of any likely financial settlement would in all likelihood bankrupt the club we all love so much.

Equally, we call upon Sisu as owners of CCFC to recommit to halting all legal action surrounding the sale of the Ricoh Arena, as it did prior to last year’s talks regarding playing home games at the Ricoh Arena for the 2019-2020 season. Any continued legal action by Sisu is a roadblock to repairing the relationships required to find CCFC a home in Coventry, either temporarily at the Ricoh Arena or if necessary, in any new stadium (which will obviously require support of the city).

We are very disappointed in the recent press release (dated 15th January 2020) from the Sky Blue Trust. The bewildering absence of any mention of the request by Wasps for financial indemnity by CCFC leaves many members of our community wondering if the Sky Blue Trust can legitimately claim to represent CCFC supporters’ interests in an unbiased manner.

We need to be back playing our home games in Coventry. Staying away is playing Russian roulette with our future and our existence

We acknowledge that our fans have different opinions on whether to travel to St Andrews this season and we hold no grudge against any fan attending or not attending. It is a personal choice for every individual.

We would like to praise Mark Robins and the CCFC squad for continuing the hard job of rebuilding the playing side of the club and turning us into an attractive winning team deserving of a far wider match day audience than has yet been seen in Birmingham.

Finally, we plead with all elements of the media to actively pursue a resolution to the current impasse, and to help facilitate a move back to Coventry without delay.

PUSB
Sky Blue Pete on behalf of the Sky Blues Talk Community

Following the survey the first paragraph will be populated with the figures so please encourage as many posters to vote in the next 5 days

RFC

Hi Nick

can I respectfully suggest you make all media aware of this.
IE. BBC CWR (News & Sport) Andy Turner CT Les Reid CO Ian Winter BBC MIDLANDS TODAY Steve Clamp ITV Midlands Sport etc. etc..

covmark

I voted for it, however I'm with Usskyblue. It could do with a paragraph on the trust. They obviously don't represent the views of the majority of the fan base, and this is the perfect opportunity to let the media know that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rhino1002

Would it be useful to point out that you need to log in to enable you to vote
i have just added my vote and im happy to put my name to it

usskyblue

I think now people have signed it (ticket they agree with it at least) it is difficult to make a change.

Not if this thread is locked once the change is agreed and a new thread with a stronger title (call to arms) is issued.

A strong message regarding the Trust is a requirement in my opinion. Otherwise it comes across as another foo-foo statement from another fan source.

The media needs to know that the Trust has been moving in its own direction, without the support of the majority of the fanbase.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Would it be useful to point out that you need to log in to enable you to vote
i have just added my vote and im happy to put my name to it

Yes. Good point. I believe it further legitimises & confirms the poll as genuine. I mean, this is the first time I've logged in since Aug. 2018...

...Damn it.....look what you made me do FFS!

Excellent work folks. PUSB!

rhino1002

Yes. Good point. I believe it further legitimises & confirms the poll as genuine. I mean, this is the first time I've logged in since Aug. 2018...

Yes it does legitimise the vote but there will also be people who couldn't work how to vote

Reactions: TTG

vow

What statement have the SBTrust put out on the 15th Jan, I've missed the article!?

A link would be great, cheers!

covmark

Welcome back, you were one of the more decent posters.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rob9872

What statement have the SBTrust put out on the 15th Jan, I've missed the article!?

A link would be great, cheers!
Loving your work vow. I was going to plagiarise your avatar for my Twitter, but I've already had a couple of bans and I think they get longer each time until expulsion :)

Reactions: vow

Monners

Good to see you back - as it were

Thanks again for the EU Brexit thread!

joemercersaces

Can we not add a codicil “we all think that the Sky Blue Trust are a small bunch of smug self-serving wankers who don’t speak for the fan base and are in Wasps’ pocket.” That should get the message across.

Users who are viewing this thread