**ALL USERS READ THIS, ACTION REQUIRED ASAP** - Sky Blues Talk forum statement (4 Viewers)

Do you full support the statement from our online community

• Fully support the statement

Votes: 368 98.7%
  • Not in my name thank you

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

As I said, the issue isn’t the sample size but the sampling method. There’s a good argument that only those that agree with the sites overall position stick around and therefore they are the only ones who see it. The Internet is great a siloing people off into hive minds.

Not attacking it, just steel manning the argument in case it’s raised. It’s worth thinking about how you will respond.

I think it’s perfectly legitimate to say that forums generally have higher levels of commitment to the subject matter then standard facebook groups. A classic example of this is Piston Heads

So it is more likely the people on this forum will be more committed than casual observers say on twitter and Facebook

so it’s reasonable to say the response is representative of the views of the subscribers who are more likely than not to be committed supporters

Nick

Administrator
I think you’ve missed my point.

Those that disagree may have written the site off long ago and therefore aren’t here to respond at all.

They can do it on various other channels though if they wanted to?

I haven't seen anybody disagree with the points made at all, so far. I'd welcome to see what they disagreed on though?

What do you think somebody would disagree with?

shmmeee

I think it’s perfectly legitimate to say that forums generally have higher levels of commitment to the subject matter then standard facebook groups. A classic example of this is Piston Heads

So it is more likely the people on this forum will be more committed than casual observers say on twitter and Facebook

so it’s reasonable to say the response is representative of the views of the subscribers who are more likely than not to be committed supporters

Yeah, no. It’s really not reasonable to say that. With the Internet it’s easy to split off as a group of likeminded people and engage with your bubble rather than stick around and argue. For example there are two U.K. Labour subreddits, one for moderates and one for hard core Corbynistas. Both equally committed. There are several online avenues for CCFC discussion FB, here and Twitter for example.

Also the Internet itself is self selecting. Some people simply don’t use it or don’t use it to discuss CCFC.

Again, just raising points to think about. It’s not an attack. Feel free to ignore me if you’re happy they won’t be raised.

PurpleBin

Can we tell how many people have read the locked, sticky statement? It tells us how many members but what about how many guests? Many reading it (hopefully) wont even be City fans...

Grendel

Yeah, no. It’s really not reasonable to say that. With the Internet it’s easy to split off as a group of likeminded people and engage with your bubble rather than stick around and argue. For example there are two U.K. Labour subreddits, one for moderates and one for hard core Corbynistas. Both equally committed. There are several online avenues for CCFC discussion FB, here and Twitter for example.

Also the Internet itself is self selecting. Some people simply don’t use it or don’t use it to discuss CCFC.

Again, just raising points to think about. It’s not an attack.

It is legitimate to say that members of forums generally have more commitment to the brand in general. Plenty of research will validate that. Yes we could have asked respondents how many attend games but there is research that says it’s more likely they will or at least have commitment to the product. That’s the point - forum members are more associated than say Facebook groups who will be more transient

obviously there’s not 7,500 members but there is not 2,700 trust members either as the vast majority will have lapsed

PurpleBin

It is legitimate to say that members of forums generally have more commitment to the brand in general. Plenty of research will validate that. Yes we could have asked respondents how many attend games but there is research that says it’s more likely they will or at least have commitment to the product. That’s the point - forum members are more associated than say Facebook groups who will be more transient

obviously there’s not 7,500 members but there is not 2,700 trust members either as the vast majority will have lapsED

Irked me abit when someone immediatly said 7500 and the % that voted. Essentially though, it's the message that is important and that even a sample size of 370 or whatever - the vast majority agree. It's a reasonable assumption that the vast majority of others, away from the forum agree as well.

Grendel

Irked me abit when someone immediatly said 7500 and the % that voted. Essentially though, it's the message that is important and that even a sample size of 370 or whatever - the vast majority agree. It's a reasonable assumption that the vast majority of others, away from the forum agree as well.

The % response rate actually is really high of the total. If you ran a marketing campaign of even a cleansed data base you’d be pretty happy with a 5% response rate. This is different but it’s legitimate to quote the database if that’s what it is.

Sky Blue Pete

Again, just raising points to think about. It’s not an attack. Feel free to ignore me if you’re happy they won’t be raised.
No please do I had many slight amendments suggested and take great comfort that the trust comments were so balanced compared to what they could have said and just this morning I stopped myself from asking simon why no one questioned their statement of 2700 member when they hadn’t asked any of them whether they agreed. Really need to try and unite everyone we can and that includes listening to different points of view and acknowledging that we have many different opinions on the past. Just cause we are urging wasps to remove the need it doesn’t l mean we think Sisu have managed this situation well and just cause the trust Seem biased at the moment it doesn’t mean that we aren’t grateful for the March that was organised when in Northampton or the q and a with key stakeholders for supporters to talk to

PurpleBin

No please do I had many slight amendments suggested and take great comfort that the trust comments were so balanced compared to what they could have said and just this morning I stopped myself from asking simon why no one questioned their statement of 2700 member when they hadn’t asked any of them whether they agreed. Really need to try and unite everyone we can and that includes listening to different points of view and acknowledging that we have many different opinions on the past. Just cause we are urging wasps to remove the need it doesn’t l mean we think Sisu have managed this situation well and just cause the trust Seem biased at the moment it doesn’t mean that we aren’t grateful for the March that was organised when in Northampton or the q and a with key stakeholders for supporters to talk to

This is important! Just because people dont agree it doesn't mean we shouldnt engage with them and listen...this is what we were crying out for ourselves. The important things to remember are that, ultimately, we all want the same thing so we need to respect each other here and on other platforms. If we start mud slinging and get silly we'll lose credibility.

Fair, reasonable and inclusive - just like the statement written by Pete.

Sky Blue Pete

This is important! Just because people dont agree it doesn't mean we shouldnt engage with them and listen...this is what we were crying out for ourselves. The important things to remember are that, ultimately, we all want the same thing so we need to respect each other here and on other platforms. If we start mud slinging and get silly we'll lose credibility.

Well written by at least 30 individuals

PurpleBin

I tried David Meyler as well. Not with us for long but still an ex-player who seems to have his head screwed on with a 200k following

Yeah, I've gone after a lot of ex players. Bobby Gould I'm confident will share.

Wouldn't hold out much hope for Meyler. Some of the grief some of our 'fans' gave him after Willis left to join Sunderland was unreal.

I've been tweeting people like that Thogden and his Dad as well...massive followings so hopefully they can help us.

Nick

Administrator

If people disagree then of course it's about asking them what they disagree about and why.

Grendel

I wouldn’t get hung up on the membership thing. It’s a database of usernames - it’s no less valid than the trust quoting 2,700 and frankly given their pretty incompetent website I’d love to see how it’s captured

Grendel

If people disagree then of course it's about asking them what they disagree about and why.

I see some guy questioned the response rate and membership I’ve tried to answer it

PurpleBin

Sure but we just need to be reasonable with it. Not always the case when the topics in question are being debated.

Wasn't someone threatening Grendel and saying he knew where he lived?

Grendel

Have you got a link?

It was Anthony Hornsby - says he’s a PR guy? He’s actually replied back to me and says he accepts the logic of my argument

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah, I've gone after a lot of ex players. Bobby Gould I'm confident will share.

Wouldn't hold out much hope for Meyler. Some of the grief some of our 'fans' gave him after Willis left to join Sunderland was unreal.

I've been tweeting people like that Thogden and his Dad as well...massive followings so hopefully they can help us.
Agree re Meyler, definitely more in hope than anything but hopefully he'll see it as a wider issue. Hadn't considered the vlogger angle, that's a good shout. Hopefully this scattergun approach by us all gets us somewhere!

Nick

Administrator
Sure but we just need to be reasonable with it. Not always the case when the topics in question are being debated.

Wasn't someone threatening Grendel and saying he knew where he lived?

Will be interesting to see if any of that comes about due to this statement. If it does then we can be sure that feathers are well and truly ruffled.

PurpleBin

Bit of a curveball, has anyone thought about tweeting local MP's? Not living locally I wouldn't know who they are but it might be another avenue.

Grendel

Bit of a curveball, has anyone thought about tweeting local MP's? Not living locally I wouldn't know who they are but it might be another avenue.

It’s a fair comment but certainly two of them are hopeless

Nick

Administrator
What was your reply Grendel on the numbers issue

simon Gilbert accepted the numbers too

frankly 370 replies in a few days is pretty impressive

We could have got it higher if we had hassled members and started sending out emails asking them to come and vote but that doesnt seem as natural.

Skyblueweeman

The only thing about this, and in the interest of fairness and impartiality, is that it focuses on the demands of Wasps and our statement focuses on all points. As much as we get annoyed when some statements only focus on the club or SISU, I hope that this headline doesn't detract from the fact that the statement was pretty neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread