All this "I'm supporting the players" Rubbish (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Was at Sixfields today and would recommend ALL who support the TEAM & CLUB to attend on the 25th August v Preston as we'll soon start selling-out every game IMHO. PUSB! PUSB! PUSB!

This guy is the only idiot on here that I genuinely believe is a SISU employee.

M&B Stand

Its every human beings right to just walk on by when an old lady is getting mugged on the street, how you can look at yourself in the mirror the next day is a different matter.

Going to watch Coventry City likened to not helping an old lady being mugged! There's nothing left at the bottom of the barrel to scrape now surely.

M&B Stand

Worst analogy in the history of SBT, a website with a long history of crap analogies.

My favourite is still the 'if I owned a house and you were renting from me'

Daft folk are always the most entertaining, it's always been the case!

fernandopartridge

Listen they support themselves their big boys who earn a hell of a lot more than us ask yourself this -

If you was in the shit would they support you ???

BOYCOTT NORTHAMPTON & Cut off SISU's Income your only prolonging the suffering for the rest of Coventry !!!

Terrific logic.

Davs

Whether you went to Sixfields, The Ricoh or stayed at home yesterday will make no difference.

We played our last game in Coventry at the end of last season.

The only hope now is that we can convince someone to buy the club, and quick, because time is not on our side.

beduth

Agreed.

When are COVENTRY city coming back to COVENTRY
My opinion is NEVER , if as some people are saying .is true City could be playing at either Ryton or Anstey, or even Keresley , all three sites are outside the confines of Coventry .

M&B Stand

Whether you went to Sixfields, The Ricoh or stayed at home yesterday will make no difference.

We played our last game in Coventry at the end of last season.

The only hope now is that we can convince someone to buy the club, and quick, because time is not on our side.

Convincing someone to buy a loss making football club and bring it back to a stadium where the owners keep all the revenues apart from ticket sales and charge a rent that's too high, (and will go higher if the team is promoted) is gonna be a pretty tall order! Especially as a good number of the fans seem to back the stadium owners in thier stance.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What would Jesus do? :thinking about:

Davs

Convincing someone to buy a loss making football club and bring it back to a stadium where the owners keep all the revenues apart from ticket sales and charge a rent that's too high, (and will go higher if the team is promoted) is gonna be a pretty tall order! Especially as a good number of the fans seem to back the stadium owners in thier stance.

The fact we will never play another game in Coventry [or even within a 10 mile radius of the City Centre] is just my considered opinion.

I agree with you, I also think it is a massively tall order for someone who cares about CCFC to buy the club, as I think PH4 is only interested in the "real estate". But having said that there seems to be enough there for SISU to want to get it back for some reason. Fair play to those people who have taken an unpopular [on here] stance and defied popular opinion to support the club as they think best.

I am not backing anyone in their stance, but I am curious about one thing for those who have gone to Northampton.

Would you prefer to see someone else running the club other than SISU?

I am not asking this question as I want an argument about the rights and wrongs of how best to get rid of the current regime, or a row about why they are the best option, I am just genuinely curious to see whether there is anyone out there who supports the idea of SISU/Otium running the club.

For what it's worth I was at the Ricoh yesterday, with my son, his fiance and my wife, because we want to see Coventry City play in Coventry. As things stand I will not go to Sixfields at any price, but then again, if we keep winning 5-4 [before anyone says it, I know we won't] and are pushing for promotion I may soften my stance.

L

longjohnskyblue

When the FL assesses the impact at the end of the season, they will have to take a look at the numbers TF gave them and the reality at the end of the season. Of course I could be wrong, but from the propaganda TF has dished out, I would summise that he told the FL that initially the gates would be low, but after a few weeks rise to around 3k, and again assumption, but will have said they will be approaching full gates by end of season! On those figures, then I would assume the FL backed their decision (as just under 8k when gates were around 10k at the ricoh isn't too much of a drop).

However, if the gates fall consistently under 2k (and may well be under 1k on those chilly midweek nights), then they will have a virtually impossible task of convincing anyone (even the spineless ones at the FL) that sixfields is viable.

There are still things fans can do, but it will be a long haul. During that time there is no doubt their stooge will ensure that only pro-sisu callers will be allowed airtime (this is a minor inconvenience, but still disgraceful from the beeb to allow it). NOPM - this is the main part. Assuming the fans will stay away (as i doubt many more than the core away fans will go anyway) whilst sisu might have funded it, it will be hard to justify when they produce their projections for the next year! Thirdly anyone in nearby councils must put pressure on their respective councils to block any move to build a stadium!

Whether fans will do any of this is debatable, more likely ccfc will die off through indifference once the "novelty" of going to a shed 35 miles away has worn off!

Sterling Archer

You know what? I woke up this morning thinking we DEFINITELY need more threads like this as they are a superb contribution to the SkyBluesTalk community.

Users who are viewing this thread