All Quiet on the Transfer Front (1 Viewer)

mark82

Was expecting to see some activity this week. Hoping I haven't missed something as been in Wales with next to no Internet, but seems a bit quiet on the transfer front. Assuming, unless something happens in the next couple of hours, we are going into tomorrow's game with the same group of players who've conceded 9 in the last 2 games. We looked fairly solid at the back before that but concerned confidence may have taken a big hit. Starting to get concerned with the lack of activity bearing in mind we don't have the emergency loan window to help cover injuries this year.

Kingokings204

I am guessing one or two things will happen before Wednesday but let's see. Facts are we need wins and without one win this season in any comps in 90 minutes says all you need to know right now.

Would 1 or 2 players help? Sure but we can only win tomorrow with what we have got. For me the alarm bells went the minute vincelot went. Still don't get that move at all.

Mix that in with Phillips and Martin being let go who both would get straight into this team atm in my opinion then some strange decisions but you have to trust mowbray and judge him let's say at Christmas and reflect.

robbiekeane

I am guessing one or two things will happen before Wednesday but let's see. Facts are we need wins and without one win this season in any comps in 90 minutes says all you need to know right now.

Would 1 or 2 players help? Sure but we can only win tomorrow with what we have got. For me the alarm bells went the minute vincelot went. Still don't get that move at all.

Mix that in with Phillips and Martin being let go who both would get straight into this team atm in my opinion then some strange decisions but you have to trust mowbray and judge him let's say at Christmas and reflect.
We'll win tomorrow.

fernandopartridge

I disagree on the Aarons, I don't think Phillips would be even in the side ahead of DKE. Nor do I really believe that Martin would be ahead of Ricketts. Ricketts gets lots of unfair critcism but he has coached the younger players next to him through the games.

I do agree that we're missing some bite in midfield

Warwickhunt

if by per chance we dont sign anyone i think TM will walk IMHO?

Woodster

Depends what TM is looking at. For free agents there is no window, it'll just be a rush to get loans in before Wednesday now that the rules have changed.

Esoterica

if by per chance we dont sign anyone i think TM will walk IMHO?

I can't see it. He's only got a year left on his contract. If he's been truly hamstrung by a reduced budget, he can just come out and use that as the excuse at the end of the year and walk off into another job. But if he's fucked it up by releasing 15 and only bringing in 6* (*not an accurate count!) combined with failing to adequately strengthen certain parts of the team, tampering with the formation etc then he's got no-one to blame but himself so he'd look stupid walking out now.

Esoterica

What I would love for Mowbray to say, is:
'I thought I could do this in 2 years, I can't - we just had too many players on high wages and short contracts and i made a mistake in bringing in some of the players that signed in January. So I've changed approach this year and started building longer term, signing players like Jones, Turnbull etc on longer contracts. I've found out, even with my network of in-game contacts that in League 1 I can't go out and sign a promotion team in 1 window, so as I need more windows to get the right squad together, I've signed up to a rolling contract that has extended me to 2018 to show my commitment. We might not be the finished product this year but we now have the nucleus of a team that are young, improving and belong to CCFC'

I think that would reset a lot of people's expectations and take out a lot of the fan frustration. It would also go some way to re-separating CCFC from SISU because I see that some of the venom/frustration at the off the field stuff is now slipping back into negativity towards the team.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

'I thought I could do this in 2 years, I can't - we just had too many players on high wages and short contracts and i made a mistake in bringing in some of the players that signed in January. So I've changed approach this year and started building longer term, signing players like Jones, Turnbull etc on longer contracts. I've found out, even with my network of in-game contacts that in League 1 I can't go out and sign a promotion team in 1 window, so as I need more windows to get the right squad together, I've signed up to a rolling contract that has extended me to 2018 to show my commitment. We might not be the finished product this year but we now have the nucleus of a team that are young, improving and belong to CCFC'

I think that would reset a lot of people's expectations and take out a lot of the fan frustration. It would also go some way to re-separating CCFC from SISU because I see that some of the venom/frustration at the off the field stuff is now slipping back into negativity towards the team.

SISU - Give that man a job!

Senior Vick from Alicante

I would just like him to have a plan B this year. When you need a goal have the adaptability to drop to a 442 and have a battering ram up front that you can lob the ball too and scrap off the bits. Someone in the Henderson mould that's fit, mobile and can head the ball just to change the pattern of the game for the last 15 minutes.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm very concerned. The team is incredibly weak. If you compare it to last season it feels worse at least.

I'm still going to be patient until Wednesday, I owe our long suffering optimists on this site that much. It is getting tiring now though. First it was 'we've got a whole transfer window', then it was 'there's still three weeks until the start of the season', then it was 'we'll be alright by September'. I don't fault anyone for saying it, but all those lines have almost been exhausted now.

With our current team we're going to be looking at the wrong end of the table in my opinion, I do hope I'm wrong though.

Brylowes

I think that would RESET A LOT OF PEOPLES EXPECTATIONS and take out a lot of the fan frustration. It would also go some way to re-separating CCFC from SISU because I see that some of the venom/frustration at the off the field stuff is now slipping back into negativity towards the team.
Think anyone who was expecting great things this season,
Have already reset their expectations TBH

Brylowes

But I do get what your saying though :)

Ranjit Bhurpa

How can you reset your expectations after 4 league games? Did you reset last season at this stage and have us nailed on for promotion?

Martin180

Why do we keep hearing comments about this year's team being weak? Last season we were incredibly lucky with injuries , this season seems the complete opposite

Brylowes

How can you reset your expectations after 4 league games? Did you reset last season at this stage and have us nailed on for promotion?
I said anyone who was expecting great things, I wasn't TBH, and yes I think people did
Reset expectations at this time last season, not to think we were nailed on, but certainly
To thinking we could do better than we thought.

Esoterica

I'll politely disagree or we wouldn't have so many people pissed off with the on-field stuff. The communication has been terrible this year - mainly down to the club being useless at comms and CWR seemingly deliberately refusing to ask the right questions, for whatever reasons they are (I guess mainly Geoff enjoying his cosy role). It's lead to some of the ridiculous speculation and rumours around, a lot of which could very easily have been nipped in the bud (but perhaps not by someone earning 15k or whatever pitiful sum was offered for Keiran's job). There's a lot of uncertainty around the club, off the field: stadium lease and academy situation, season ticket farce, matchday price increases and it's hyper-exaggerating the on-field worries: Mowbray's contract, squad size/quality.

Skyblueweeman

I don't get the mass hysteria from the Norwich game. Yes we conceded 6 against their so called B team but that team consisted of two players who by and large were excellent for us last year, a player who came through Barcas academy, a player who was one of the top scorers in European qualifiers last season, a Cameroon international with over 100 appearances in the PL amongst others.

We'll win tomorrow and then calmess will be restored. I'm resting my 'Tony out' thread for another week or so.

ClarkeZ

Why do we keep hearing comments about this year's team being weak? Last season we were incredibly lucky with injuries , this season seems the complete opposite
Because our team is much much weaker than last year. Comparing the lineup listed above to the lineup about to play Northampton, the gulf is huge.
The window is still open, and everyone knows the squad is weak, yet nothing is happening in the open market with 5 days left before it closes. Hence the panic, and trust me, that'll worsen exponentially if no players come in before the deadline.
You can't honestly tell me you think our current batch of players are not weaker than the lineup posted above?

Ranjit Bhurpa

I said anyone who was expecting great things, I wasn't TBH, and yes I think people did
Reset expectations at this time last season, not to think we were nailed on, but certainly
To thinking we could do better than we thought.

I can understand resetting after a couple of months or maybe at Christmas but not really after 4 games. Are Sheff Utd fans thinking of relegation already? Or Barnsley last season?
Still way too early for me.

ClarkeZ

I can understand resetting after a couple of months or maybe at Christmas but not really after 4 games. Are Sheff Utd fans thinking of relegation already? Or Barnsley last season?
Still way too early for me.
It is early. I think it is too early until the transfer deadline.
But I'm not overly optimistic of many signings, I very much hope I'm wrong. If nothing changes then I believe anyone hoping for a good season may get a reality check before January.

slowpoke

My worry is our team seems so small and let's not forget league one is a very physical league with big strong players in. When we lost to Northampton in the cup it was because they were bigger and stronger than us. They have the same team with a few additions tomorrow will be very tough. I think atm with the squad as it is we can all be happy to stay up. Having said that a win tomorrow and things might change I just worry I can't see where the goals are going to come from. I believe Mowbray is still looking for a goal scorer I don't get why Mowbray has brought in mcbean if he's nowhere near playing for us. We need a goalscorer and we need one now
PUSB

Warwickhunt

How many times have you predicted this now?
once! and as i said its my opinion! not a bleeding fact!

i cannot believe how many damn injuries we have got! Sordell must have been injured when we signed him

oxymoron

we have loads and loads of attacking players now, the squad is really unbalanced. we need a proper right back and a defensive midfielder

Sky Blue Pete

Bang on. I think that would be such a breath of fresh air!

Can probably only do it once but the timing would be perfect and most of us still trust tm as the best man for the job

Pipehitterz

I was imagining we would be getting people after transfer window shuts, couple more loans in

I don't think we'll be seeing many more than that IMO.

Unfortunately we have plenty injuries, first half of the season already looks to be a write off so fingers crossed for second half

stevefloyd

I have just got internet over here in Thailand i was hoping we would have signed someone by now... wtf is happening didnt TM say he expects 3 or 4 players 'over the line' ? When when when? Desperate times are looming

JimmyHillsbeard

once! and as i said its my opinion! not a bleeding fact!

i cannot believe how many damn injuries we have got! Sordell must have been injured when we signed him

Ok sorry to have misread you here. It's just I've continually read he was not going to sign a contract at the end of the first season, would leave when Maddison was sold, when we didn't sign anyone over the summer etc etc.

Apologies again for ascribing something to you which was incorrect. But for fwiw if things don't pick up I might get more concerned about him staying than flitting off to Rotherham or wherever.

Irish Sky Blue

My worry is our team seems so small and let's not forget league one is a very physical league with big strong players in. When we lost to Northampton in the cup it was because they were bigger and stronger than us. They have the same team with a few additions tomorrow will be very tough. I think atm with the squad as it is we can all be happy to stay up. Having said that a win tomorrow and things might change I just worry I can't see where the goals are going to come from. I believe Mowbray is still looking for a goal scorer I don't get why Mowbray has brought in mcbean if he's nowhere near playing for us. We need a goalscorer and we need one now
PUSB
I felt that was one of the big differences between ourselves and Norwich. They were much bigger and stronger than we were. The team we finished with on Tuesday must be one of the smallest we have ever had on the field with both of the Kelly-Evans boys and Kyle Spence finishing the game.

MatthewWallis

I was imagining we would be getting people after transfer window shuts, couple more loans in

I don't think we'll be seeing many more than that IMO.

Loan window also shuts on 31st so they need to come in before then or not until January

D

Deleted member 2477

I have a feeling we wont be seeing anyone with some crap excuse as to why

Esoterica

I have a feeling we wont be seeing anyone with some crap excuse as to why
I have a feeling you were an optimist once Marcus. Your pint glass was half full. And then you said 'Screw this' and poured it into a bucket instead!' ;)

oldfiver

I felt that was one of the big differences between ourselves and Norwich. They were much bigger and stronger than we were. The team we finished with on Tuesday must be one of the smallest we have ever had on the field with both of the Kelly-Evans boys and Kyle Spence finishing the game.

Norwich "reserves" 24mil CCFC allsorts £?

Users who are viewing this thread