All purpose cricket thread (2 Viewers)

wingy

Plenty of furlough /work from home and kids off with an incentive to.wake early .

Covstu

I’ve got up early and watched all tests, usually about 5.30 ish so generally missed a bit. Sadly another case of engineering the pitches to home advantage and we just couldn’t bat in these conditions. Need a lot more investment in bringing in decent spin and batting against it. Still nice to see some cricket That you don’t have to pay for

Terry Gibson's perm

Just pinched this

Attachments

• 3E74DFA7-9D81-42A7-A85B-DD12FE1BD4F4.jpeg
    3E74DFA7-9D81-42A7-A85B-DD12FE1BD4F4.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 13

Covstu

I am not a huge fan of 20/20 certainly the Birmingham title doesn’t help but this abomination is terrible, howling until they go t10 like they have in some countries
Just look at this series, probably didn’t make 100 overs in a lot of these innings so games will run very short! Just a shite vain attempt to claw money in like the other franchise cricket out there. The county game needs a look at but that’s about it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

One thing I'd love to see in a limited overs comp is the requirement for every fielding player (poss less the WK) having to bowl.

In cricket you often see ex-batsmen talk about how crap bowlers are at batting, so let's see them have to have a go at bowling. In a short format it be an interesting thing to see as to when do you bring them in, batting sides trying to make the most of their overs taking risks etc.

ExmouthNeil

I’ve got up early and watched all tests, usually about 5.30 ish so generally missed a bit. Sadly another case of engineering the pitches to home advantage and we just couldn’t bat in these conditions. Need a lot more investment in bringing in decent spin and batting against it. Still nice to see some cricket That you don’t have to pay for

I wondered if anyone would see me???

IMG-20210306-WA0000 (1).jpg

Apparently not........

Covstu

not a huge total to chase but the wicket doesn’t look like it’s giving much. Good early wicket for England but this should be close

Covstu

Great cricket today, massive total to chase but England digging in well. At this rate it’s going to be close and a much better watch that city!

Covstu

Yep thought we looked comfortable, gutted for Bairstow losing it so close to the tonne. Game changer that one..

Terry Gibson's perm

I have not been following this much but noticed no Chris Woakes again if England are joy going to use him hopefully they will feee him up for Bears use and not that 100 rubbish.

CCFCSteve

Great win. Didn’t expect that with bowling line up. Amazing innings from stokes (and Bairstow). Great to see Roy back on form this winter as well

Covstu

Chaseable total, at one point it looked like we were going to have to chase an impossible total but pant was a massive wicket and we needed to break that partnership up. England have the capability to smash 400 but equally hit 200! Let’s hope it was the same as the last ODI

Users who are viewing this thread