Aidy Boothroyd (4 Viewers)

Frostie

He’s predominantly an attacking midfielder tho

So if Kane is up front,Grealish plays who’s the other attacking midfielder? Mount is not ahead of rashford or sterling either

Depends what system we play.
If we play a 4-3-3 like yesterday then Mount can play in the Midfield 3 with 2 defensive midfielders, 1 of which will definitely be Declan Rice. Grealish would play off the left with Sterling off the right I think.

I've made this point before but the fact Mount is compared to Grealish etc. anyway is just daft, they don't play the same role.
100% guarantee Mount (rightly) starts in whatever system we play though.

cc84cov

If we play a 4-3-3 like yesterday then Mount can play in the Midfield 3 with 2 defensive midfielders, 1 of which will definitely be Declan Rice. Grealish would play off the left with Sterling off the right I think.

I've made this point before but the fact Mount is compared to Grealish etc. anyway is just daft, they don't play the same role.
Check out @Evo1883 defensive stats comparing the 2 mate

Last edited:

Evo1883

20210329_143323.jpg

Just this season this is

If I add ground duels grealish has won 187 to mounts 130

Attacking wise its hard to argue mount is better because he obviously isn't..

Defensively they are good at different things

The logic for him to be persistently excluded simply isn't there

cc84cov

Yesterday was as drab as ever It’s such boring football to watch under him

stupot07

I felt sorry for Forden yesterday, he is arguable the most gifted of England's attacking midfielders but had clearly been told to stay wide right all game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

End of the day , the team that played against Albania will be near enough the team that plays against Croatia in June bar maybe a formation change to have 3 centre halves
Won't be wildly different

Frostie

I felt sorry for Forden yesterday, he is arguable the most gifted of England's attacking midfielders but had clearly been told to stay wide right all game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, not a great performance from him, looked a bit lost first half but thought he was better in the 2nd.

It's a difficult one &, whilst I'm not a Southgate fan, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't somewhat. Somebody is always going to miss out or, in the case of Foden yesterday, played in a slightly unfamiliar role.
We have an unbalanced squad with a wealth of forward talent but glaring weaknesses behind them.

Unfortunately, a lot of fans seem to think you just throw your best attacking players onto a pitch & it will all come together. Without the likes of Mount, Rice + another DM it almost certainly won't.

Evo1883

Yeah, not a great performance from him, looked a bit lost first half but thought he was better in the 2nd.

It's a difficult one &, whilst I'm not a Southgate fan, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't somewhat. Somebody is always going to miss out or, in the case of Foden yesterday, played in a slightly unfamiliar role.

Unfortunately, a lot of fans seem to think you just throw your best attacking players onto a pitch & it will all come together. Without the likes of Mount, Rice + another DM it almost certainly won't.

Think Southgate switched formation towards the end of the first half to a 4231 which allowed foden to come in alot more

Evo1883

I'm all for giving Southgate this euros ..but surely we are in agreement that if he fails to reach the semi finals at least with us having so many games at Wembley he's got to go

We can't allow him to then take these players to the world Cup in 2022

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm all for giving Southgate this euros ..but surely we are in agreement that if he fails to reach the semi finals at least with us having so many games at Wembley he's got to go

If he doesn’t win it he should go it’s all about winning.

Terry Gibson's perm

Southgate is lucky to have such a group to pick from Foden is already a tremendous player and could go on to be be in the top handful in the world.

His worry is who to pick from Maddison Grealish etc previous managers would have killed for one of them.

cc84cov

End of the day , the team that played against Albania will be near enough the team that plays against Croatia in June bar maybe a formation change to have 3 centre halves
That team won’t go far

We know what’s gonna happen he’s just gonna waste this current crop of brilliant attacking players we have he’s another bottle job the game in the World Cup against Croatia showed how weak tactically he is,not being funny what’s he ever done as a manager ? Or a player ? Was it 1 league cup trophy as a player with villa ? 💩💩💩

Ccfcisparks

If he plays 4 at the back I can see him going with

Pope
Walker Maguire Stones Shaw
Henderson
Rice Mount

Sterling Kane Grealish.

Terry Gibson's perm

On Southgate if he lost the England job who would want him I couldn’t see a single Prem team taking him and the same with most of the champ.

Evo1883

That team won’t go far

We know what’s gonna happen he’s just gonna waste this current crop of brilliant attacking players we have he’s another bottle job the game in the World Cup against Croatia showed how weak tactically he is,not being funny what’s he ever done as a manager ? Or a player ? Was it 1 league cup trophy as a player with villa ? 💩💩💩
I will give Southgate his due he was a pretty good defender

Sick Boy

That team won’t go far

Croatia are a superior side to England.

richnrg

Compare their goals assists key passes most fouls Grealish is miles ahead in the chances created 20+ ahead of De Bruyne
so does that mean that Grealish is better than De Bruyne, or does it mean that stats can be used to 'prove' something that is not true.

cc84cov

so does that mean that Grealish is better than De Bruyne, or does it mean that stats can be used to 'prove' something that is not true.
Grealish is doing it in a lesser team than De Bruyne he’s also performed at a higher level in that lesser team the stats don’t lie anyone who thinks mason Mount should be in ahead of grealish is in a minority not just fans but the majority of ex pro’s & coaches...it’s not hard to see so many questioning wtf Southgate is playing at

Ccfcisparks

Grealish is doing it in a lesser team than De Bruyne he’s also performed at a higher level in that lesser team the stats don’t lie anyone who thinks mason Mount should be in ahead of grealish is in a minority not just fans but the majority of ex pro’s & coaches...it’s not hard to see so many questioning wtf Southgate is playing at
So youre saying Grealish is better than De Bruyne

KenilworthSkyBlue

Do you ever get through a full day without speaking utter garbage?

Evo1883

De Bruyne is a better player .. I don't think grealish could do his job as well...but at the same time I don't think mount can do his job as well either .

Grealish and mount are imo are a more reasonable comparison

KenilworthSkyBlue

You said it was pub talk earlier jumping in the band wagon when their stats show even defensively grealish is better you posh slag

Hardly jumping on the band wagon, if as you claim, the majority believe Grealish should start.

At least try and make your feeble insults make sense.

cc84cov

Hardly jumping on the band wagon, if as you claim, the majority believe Grealish should start.

At least try and make your feeble insults make sense.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread