After The Lockdown ? (1 Viewer)

hill83

Mate. Currency literally requires a government to control it, that’s how it works. Don’t worry, the illuminati aren’t going to steal your tips 😁

Would like to see a decentralised system not reliant on banks though, like bitcoin.

Sounds like something the illuminati would say.

skyblue1991

Best thing about lockdown for me is the WFH flexibility.

I currently live in Coventry, the work office is in Warwickshire and always have an aspiration to move up north where my partner lives. But there was always the awkward discussion of disclosing that to my employer and would have to potentially move jobs.

Now it means I can work pretty much wherever I want to and still deliver my day to day tasks. There will be times I have to go to the office but that will be few and far between so happy to commute that.

My plan is to buy a three bed house for the future in terms of family and have a summer house in the garden that will be my WFH office. Will probably cost a few grand but worth it in my opinion. Also would feel like you are going to work as you have to 'leave' your house which makes divorcing work and home life a little easier.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Mcbean

I am glad I have retired - I worked in a team and while I have worked remotely for years with guys in other countries I found that there was nothing like a live meeting - for making sure everyone was on board - body language is important and concentration is maintained in the same room .
We have thought about travelling but currently it does not seem the same activity - my wife has moved pretty well all the shopping online just a few things you can’t get -
I miss the football a lot and have resorted to watching many of the games on tv . Our local pub is just outside drinking so shuts early - fine for me I can walk there . My wife is short of going swimming which used to give me a 3-4 hour break to get on with things I like to do - that is a bit of an issue !
I look forward to returning to watching football live it’s something we do together but she does not like watching on tv ! Bah

fernandopartridge

I've got to say I hate working from home, I've always had it as an option but rarely did it. I find I feel quite isolated and miss the craic in the office. I'll be glad to go back in once that opportunity arises.

That all said, Brexit notwithstanding, if permanent home working is OK then I'd happily fuck off to warmer climes and work from there!

Sbarcher

Oh No! Cashless society? How will I be able to pay my builder in notes and avoid the VAT?

ccfctommy

We were looking at expanding our office space before all this and now were looking at smaller spaces that are mainly a couple of meeting rooms then easy hot desk/benching workstations.

I think it's going to be weird starting a new job and not knowing anybody though and when you're training and learning how the organisation does things not being able to just ask questions.

It's weirdly started some unofficial flexi time arrangement, my phone is always there so if people need me I can do stuff. Some days I've been quiet and ended up watching tv or playing video games by 3 other days I've been working till 9.

Yep. A new girl has started a few weeks ago and we haven't met her. Must be very hard.

There are pros to working from home. My days go quicker, I get up an hour later. I'm saving at least three pound a day that I would spend on car parking, along with the other crap I buy. But really, I want my bedroom to be my bedroom again, not my office. I really don't have much space and am using two small coffee tables on top of each other. I have a crap setup.

I miss the social interactions, talking to people, I miss my two screens and a mouse!

If it becomes more flexible in the fact that we work from home now and again they fine. If this is the 'new normal' (I hate that fucking phrase), then I cannot think of anything more dispiriting.

clint van damme

Yep. A new girl has started a few weeks ago and we haven't met her. Must be very hard.

There are pros to working from home. My days go quicker, I get up an hour later. I'm saving at least three pound a day that I would spend on car parking, along with the other crap I buy. But really, I want my bedroom to be my bedroom again, not my office. I really don't have much space and am using two small coffee tables on top of each other. I have a crap setup.

I miss the social interactions, talking to people, I miss my two screens and a mouse!

If it becomes more flexible in the fact that we work from home now and again they fine. If this is the 'new normal' (I hate that fucking phrase), then I cannot think of anything more dispiriting.

interesting the different takes on home working. Said elsewhere I'd love to give it a go but a few people have expressed similar misgivings to yourself.

Ian1779

I think hand sanitizers should stay in every shop, restaurant, pub to be used as you enter after this is all done, I think this is a perfectly reasonable new normal.

samccov1987

Loving it, have been wfh since March and employer have said defo until October and not likely to be in the office five days ever again.

More time with the kids, more time for exercise, eating better and sleeping better.

Think we will go back to more local and less big city businesses. There will be an economic impact but I think we need a correction. House prices are too high, we spend too much on credit and work too many hours.

Feel there will be a big shift for the better in the next five to ten years. We may have Boris now but the next gen aren’t all about money like we have been since the 80’s - environment and social care will be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread