AFC Dons fans helping us out (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree Brighton and id like to think that particularly now we would respond better as fans, but before this move, would we have really been moved to do anything? We not have agreed with it, but I doubt we would have pressured our owners to prevent if if things were ok on the pitch. Far from the right thing to do but results orientated and easy to bury your head. Only fans who have suffered such adversity like Wimbledon properly understand. I know im far more sympathetic to pompeys plight than I was 12 months ago and we need the football family more than ever now, but I feel no pleasure in seeing nortampton won or lose and wish no bad on them as a club. Only sisu have the ability to get me really steamed up.

The only real precedent is when we played Wimbledon in the old Div 1, after their relocation got confirmed. Did our fans going show any sign of support for them when that was going on?

skybluetony176

I totally missed that this match was on. If I had of realised I would have been tempted to buy an away ticket and go and cheer on AFC and protest.

Maybe that's some action we could consider? A midweek game where there is likely to be a small away crowd so we aren't taking tickets of that club's fans and as long as it has the backing of their supporter groups.?

Monners

From the Hotel End (Cobblers) forum:

"Talking to a couple of Wimbledon supporters in Carr's Bar who told me that the blue bits of paper that their supporters displayed at one point during the game were about Coventry's campaign to return to playing in a new stadium in Coventry.

If the Cov or Wombles' supporters has told us we could have joined in !"

Pretty much the view on football governance from mates in the town - some are Cobblers fans, most are not. The new stadium bit probably refers to the Ricoh I suspect

torchomatic

I don't think so. It's ironic that the biggest away following this season was at a franchise club.

Just like they reward us by entering sixfields?? What a stupid thing to say.

cornoccfc

From the Hotel End (Cobblers) forum:

"Talking to a couple of Wimbledon supporters in Carr's Bar who told me that the blue bits of paper that their supporters displayed at one point during the game were about Coventry's campaign to return to playing in a new stadium in Coventry.

If the Cov or Wombles' supporters has told us we could have joined in !"

Pretty much the view on football governance from mates in the town - some are Cobblers fans, most are not. The new stadium bit probably refers to the Ricoh I suspect

I was at the game supporting the Cobblers, wasn't aware it was a CCFC related sign from AFC Wimbledon until I saw the subsequent tweets on Twitter... and yes, if Cobblers fans had known, I'm sure they would have joined in!

Users who are viewing this thread