Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I manage my boy's under 15's team some of who are city fans. We are on tour the weekend of the play off final in Blackpool, if we make it. I only have 11 players and four of them are saying if we get to Wembley they don't want to go on tour (myself included really). If they decide not to go, that will leave 7 players in an 11 a side tournament which isn't fair on those who want to go and have paid £150 each to go. My lad is desperate to go to Wembley if we make it. He did go to the Checkatrade and play off final, but this could be special.

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on what to do. This is a nightmare as we couldn't do the first bank holiday weekend.

edgy

Wow. That's a tough one. I felt bad moving our kick off to 3pm on Sunday!

But it's grassroots, you cant force kids to do something they dont want to.

Do you have any other coaches from other teams you could maybe loan some players from? Obviously the ones that choose not to go the tournament would have to forfeit there £150. Basically a free trip for the loan players?

fatso

I'd sit tight till after the second leg, there's only a 50-50 chance we'll get to Wembley (statistically at least) so it might not be a problem.

If we do get to Wembley then (personally) I'd take all the team to the final, I'd explain to those who don't want to go, that a play off final is the richest game in world football, and it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to experience an atmosphere like a full Wembley will give them the motivation to be the best player they can be. It's why we wanted to play the game!

no_loyalty

My brother-in-law and two nephews were on a football tour on the weekend of the Birmingham game, they were all absolutely gutted to miss that one so I feel your pain.

M&B Stand

I manage my boy's under 15's team some of who are city fans. We are on tour the weekend of the play off final in Blackpool, if we make it. I only have 11 players and four of them are saying if we get to Wembley they don't want to go on tour (myself included really). If they decide not to go, that will leave 7 players in an 11 a side tournament which isn't fair on those who want to go and have paid £150 each to go. My lad is desperate to go to Wembley if we make it. He did go to the Checkatrade and play off final, but this could be special.

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on what to do. This is a nightmare as we couldn't do the first bank holiday weekend.
I’d cross that bridge if and when you come to it.

I felt bad just looking ahead at trains for play off weekend.
What a massive week this is for this football club

Greggs

Tell them to find another team and then you go on a recruitment drive. You have to be a ruthless dictator and the players need to get their priorities right.

After reading this again, you only have 11 players in an 11 aside 'tournament'....and it's in blackpool. I'd say you'd be lucky to get a game anyway, if I was on tour in blackpool, at 15, you wouldn't see me for a week.

torchomatic

Bollocks to Blackpool and their £150. Life is full of disappointments, lads.

This will be the first of many.

robbiethemole

I'll have to deal with leaving a family holiday that we've just arrived at.
I'm the same, fly to Turkey on the 24th so hopefully there's a bar somewhere that will show the game, otherwise I'm dependent on the dodgy feckers on here to keep us up to date!!! SW88 where are you, man????

clint van damme

Cancel trip, pocket money, live it up in London for the weekend.
People will be angry at first, but even Arthur Fowler was forgiven eventually.

SBT

If a third of your team decided they no longer wanted to go on tour for some other non-CCFC reason then you’d cancel it without giving it a second thought. The only reason you feel bad about it is because it’s a Cov game that you also want to attend.

I would explain the situation to the lads who still want to go and ask them if they still want to press on without you, whether that means recruiting new players, going short-handed or whatever. If they do, great; if they don’t, cancel the trip and any money lost can be covered by the kids who decided to drop out (they will presumably be happy to do it). Not everyone can get what they want out of this situation but so long as no-one’s left out of pocket for reasons outside their own control then that’s as good as you can do.

eastwoodsdustman

Tell the organisers that there's a covid outbreak and they'll probably hold your money to enter again next year. Get all of the kids tickets for Wembley and everyones happy.

Mr Panda

Money can be made again but experiences cannot. Get yourself to Wembley

(Or at least be firm in your decision if we take an unassailable lead in Sundays leg)

lifeskyblue

Sometimes they have short junior matches before a final at Wembley. Perhaps efl should organise a small tournament between teams from the cities/towns of the 4 playoff teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Woah! Woah! Woah! Can everyone please stop imaging what will be happening if we get to the final!
Im struggling enough coping with the emotions of our next game.

Yeah don't count the Chickens before they hatch 🐣🐣🐣

Flying Fokker

Just a quick update for those interested. Out of a team 11, 5 are going to Wembley. We gave our accommodation to those who aren't going to Wembley to take family or friends and they are having a weekend in Blackpool. Everyone is happy! Thanks to all of you that offered advice.
Buy your lad a TuTu and explain that this can’t happen again!

Users who are viewing this thread