Adam Armstrong (1 Viewer)

jassie78

Just read Rangers manager not interested in Amstrong. Would Newcastle manager loan him to Championship Rival club? Surely not. I would love to see him back at Coventry.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/evening...rong-latest/story-29606923-detail/story.html?

"RANGERS boss Mark Warburton says he is not interested in taking Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong on loan
But the Rangers manager has played down that interest, telling the Herald: "Not for us. He's a very talented player, but he's not coming to Rangers.

"If we took everyone in that we are linked to we would have a squad of 75 players. He's a very talented player, I know how well he did at Coventry, but there's no truth in that rumour."

chiefdave

If Newcastle don't want to loan him to another Championship side and TM wants him back I think we have a good shot. They know he will play, will be happy & settled and trust TM.

Gaz

What cov fan wouldn't want him back, but if I was him, I'd be pushing for a move to another championship side
That's where he needs to test himself now and moving to a lower end championship team won't harm Newcastles promotion plans
Can see him going somewhere like Barnsley

Paxman II

Think that's the correct assumption Chiefdave. Aghei and Armstrong up front would be a dream ticket in this league. Think if they don't want him at a championship club or a championship club have no confidence he could necessarily do it for them he would be better back in the safe and play every week hands at Coventry where they are expected to be pushing for promotion.
There may be a good chance of this happening.

Paxman II

Maddison is better anyway. Best player Coventry City have produced.
madison was not even on the bench for Norwich the other day or was he injured? Championship side and not a regular may suggest it was too soon for him. But hey we get 3m do we not?

Ashdown

Players like some stability and some familiarity, I'm guessing the player made some friends down here and certainly made some headlines. If no one else is jumping in for him, then why not ?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also
Players like some stability and some familiarity, I'm guessing the player made some friends down here and certainly made some headlines. If no one else is jumping in for him, then why not ?

Haven't most the friends he made here gone Murphy, Maddison & Kent.

I would imagine he wouldn't want to come back here he's had a successful season here gone down in CCFC folklore for his 20 goals he'll want to have a more successful chapter elsewhere

PVA

Can see him going to a lower end Championship club. He's more likely to do Newcastle a favour by scoring against their rivals rather than somehow affect their title charge negatively.

If he does drop to L1 then I'd imagine he'll go to Blades.

ccfc1234

He liked the area, crucially so did his girlfriend. He liked TM and we made him feel wanted. I would push hard for this deal if I was TM as goals will get us out if this league and he will hit 15+.

I agree his Mates have gone on to pastures new but some players like to be the main man and I this AA might just be one such player.

Chipfat

I assume the player will want to find his level now, he played in L1 and found it easy so championship is the logical option. I would not be shocked if he ended up at somewhere like Leeds, Barnsley, Sheff Wed or Huddersfield, nearer to home and higher level. To come back to L1 does nothing for him or his career on a personal level this season, he already stated its time to move on with his career. If he struggles in the championship then a drop down to go back up makes more sense.

ccfc1234

I assume the player will want to find his level now, he played in L1 and found it easy so championship is the logical option. I would not be shocked if he ended up at somewhere like Leeds, Barnsley, Sheff Wed or Huddersfield, nearer to home and higher level. To come back to L1 does nothing for him or his career on a personal level this season, he already stated its time to move on with his career. If he struggles in the championship then a drop down to go back up makes more sense.

I assume you know how long it takes to get from Yorkshire to Northumberland he will not be popping home from there. Barnsley is a bad place to live vs lem spa. If he is leaving Newcastle I see Leeds etc. being his choice but if at 19 he wants to bang the goals in to enhance his rep further why not at ccfc.?

baldy

I'd be buzzing if Arma came back....really hope Mogga's pursuing this option,can't see it happening,but imagine if it did happen?Blimey

Chipfat

I would be more than happy if he came back, but honestly think he wants to find his level. Championship will be his first port of call, if not then no reason why we would be considered. Just don't think he will return, options closer to home at a higher level will be more attractive.

robbiekeane

Just read Bradford and Rotherham are interested in him now. If he went to Bradford that would be a real kick in the teeth and shows how much ambition Sisu have. Rotherham I can see happening moving to lower end Championship club.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...bradford-city-rotherham-united-join-11785753?
What the hell are you on about. SISU aren't the ones in control of the current transfer budget, negotiations, and the general transfer policy are they?

Can't believe Turnball got that red card the other day, shows how much ambition SISU have.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just read Bradford and Rotherham are interested in him now. If he went to Bradford that would be a real kick in the teeth and shows how much ambition Sisu have.

Ashley/Charnley probably have the first say. Rafa will then get a say. Then Armstrong. Mowbray could even then decide it's not the route he wants to take.

But yer, defo SISU's fault if he doesn't come back. :wtf:

Brylowes

What cov fan wouldn't want him back, but if I was him, I'd be pushing for a move to another championship side
That's where he needs to test himself now and moving to a lower end championship team won't harm Newcastles promotion plans
Can see him going somewhere like Barnsley
Yep same here, but if he did get loaned back to league 1 think it would be a team like
Bradford or Sheffield Utd, closer to home and likely to create more chances and they
Play in front of half decent crowds.
All the things Newcastle will want him to be getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread