Acl to comment on Ricoh arena position (1 Viewer)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
SG: Could you tell our readers more about the 300k already received by ACL
ACL: No.
SG: OK, thanks.

Can't say he didn't try....

They won't even acknowledge its existence.

The only way we know is because Mr McGinnity told me.

However, I understand the ACL argument would likely go along the line of the guarantee money covering a different type of compensation/debt as a result of non-payment/moving away.

I would have thought the parties with any real right to be annoyed about any "double dip" would be Robinson and McGinnity. They didn't rack up any of this debt after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Doesn't matter if you are pro ACL, anti ACL, pro Sisu, anti Sisu! This statement doesn't do anything to move us forwards and resolve the situation.

Very stongly worded. The same statement could have been made with a bit more of a concilliatory stance.

This one is 'you will do as you are told.' We need give and take, from both sides.

Monners

Not sure that all of a sudden the FL will jump just because ACL released a strong statement. SISU 'claim' the money is with the liquidator. If it's true then someone needs to come out and say if this is the case.

It was the FL that made the money a condition. There has been no payment by the deadline, so surely they have to get involved. They won't of course. Pathetic behaviour by all (apart from the fans of course)

Paxman II

Sounds like ACL are using the £590k as a threat to forcing the FL's hand which if I'm right could result in another points deduction. Do ACL really want to do that? And why suggest the deal with Northampton kind of precludes any return to the Ricoh anyway? Surely they just said there will be no return unless unpaid debt is received in full?

For me ACL are pointlessly stirring the bucket in order to look like the more injured party instead of suggesting compromise is available, lets talk.

Otium failing to make the payment looks bad and if they made this one fifth offer then they are looking to pay the least possible to satisfy the FL condition. If ACL turn that down then the FL can't truly apply sanctions can they? Just when will Otium at least play ball properly just once? They may get some fans on their side if they did and after all we have received plenty in the kitty just lately have we not?

Both sides are in a bubble of their own making that neither want to be first to burst.

The Reverend Skyblue

Nevermind ACL & SISU you carry on with this pathetic game, don't mind about us you egotistical bastards, meanwhile the club itself just carries on with its very slow death

sky blue john

Do Acl want CCFC back ?
I would say yes.
Do Acl want Sisu back ?
I would say no and you can hardly blame them, i'm sure I would be the same

martcov

Not sure that all of a sudden the FL will jump just because ACL released a strong statement. SISU 'claim' the money is with the liquidator. If it's true then someone needs to come out and say if this is the case.

SISU says it is in a ring fenced account with the football league (escrow). So the money is there, but SISU won't let the fl release it as they claim the money from McGinnity and Robinson should be deducted from the total.

The agreement was 590,000. So what is there to argue about? There were no clauses to the effect that they pay less when something or other happens. They may feel that ACL "won" on the deal through the guarantors but, if ACL got some back from the guarantors it, is still little recompense for the loss of the 40 odd year lease through the administration "sale". SISU's "lose the golden share, find the golden share" trick ( manouver ) did break the lease and free them to build the new stadium - so why the hassle? Pay up and shut up springs to mind. Build the stadium and move on SISU, as you have said often enough that is your plan A.

Kingokings204

It's time to move on. Ccfc is dead. The article claims all we need to know about ccfc.

ACL won't talk to sisu and sisu won't talk to ACL. It's not hard. Ccfc are liable for more points deductions and expulsion from the FL and playing at sixfields confirms the club is dead.

Let's move on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

SISU don't even want to go back to the Ricoh (at least not on ACL terms) so the statement is pointless.

It's like telling a child he isn't going to school until he has done his homework

Houdi

Again you have to ask what would a 'reasonable' person do in said circumstances. If as seems likely SISU haven't paid a legally owned debt they originally agreed to pay in return for the Golden Share, then it is hardly surprising that ACL refuse to countenance any new deal with them. Why do a new deal with SISU, if you have no real confidence they would honour it. Particularly as SISU are still persisting in ongoing legal threats, despite the High Court judge's recent damning condemnation of their actions.
I doubt if you find many companies in the UK willing to deal with these people. Seemingly they have lied to the fans over the new stadium, with not a shred of evidence of any furtherance of their supposed plans, and now seemingly breaking an agreement with the football league. If it wasn't for fans burning desire to see the team back in Coventry, why would anyone normally recommend ACL to get back into bed with these people.

Gint11

This isn't good. While I agree that this latest statement is strongly worded but doesn't really change anything, I am concerned by SISUs failure to pay the bill. The last thing we need is another points deduction!! FFS getting sick of this shit. Starting to realise the only way to get out of SISUs grasp is if they liquidate us and we start afresh at the bottom of the pyramid.

Kingokings204

Just read Simons latest tweet where he says it's dis heartening for many but actually it's states a clear pathway for ccfc to return home.

Stop playing with fans emotions like mine. The article states clearly what we knew already. We knew sisu hasn't paid up the 590k by end of may. We knew sisu would have to drop all legal action.

The only thing I wasn't sure of but it is now confirmed is even if ccfc/sisu wanted to come home this season they can't as the agreement is already in place for the coming season so they can't get out of it anyway.

It's over. Give it up.

Kingokings204

“It is also our belief that a return to the city may already be impossible for the coming season due to the arrangements that OEG have in place with Northampton Town.”

The most important part of the article for me. Game over.

FRY-CCFC

“It is also our belief that a return to the city may already be impossible for the coming season due to the arrangements that OEG have in place with Northampton Town.”

The most important part of the article for me. Game over.

Can someone get this guy some antidepressants?

ccfcway

i can almost picture simon doing this interview with someone from ACL whilst they are up a ladder taking the CCFC crest down outside the Ricoh

Spionkop

The statement has clarified things. Sisu, again, haven't paid their bill. It was a condition of getting the golden share.
They are now 6 weeks (not three weeks) overdue.
What with the total absence of any hint of a new stadium after over a year, it is more ammunition for the FL to take the golden share off Sisu and hand it to an interim group to move us on.
Kingokings may be gloomy and I think we can all see why.
There is NO future for our club with Sisu. We have to break the ties.
A meeting should be arranged with the football league to discuss all this. Face to face.
The FL have every cause now to take back the share and hand it to an interim group.
Failure to move will see the club out of existence.
It has stunned me that a few hundred fans have been taken in by Sisu in the past year or so.
Cut them out. Stop negotiating with them. Well, that'll be easy, they don't negotiate do they.
Carry on as we are and you set yourselves up for years of this.

Monners

KOK. I hope you work on the ground floor. Otherwise, can someone lock all the windows please.

In all seriousness, it isn't difficult to feel pretty down about the whole mess. I attended 5 away games last season, but I am not sure I have the heart for it anymore for the coming season. At least not until there is a glimmer of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I simply can't ignore the off the field stuff (God I feel depressed)

Otis

KOK. I hope you work on the ground floor. Otherwise, can someone lock all the windows please.

In all seriousness, it isn't difficult to feel pretty down about the whole mess. I attended 5 away games last season, but I am not sure I have the heart for it anymore for the coming season. At least not until there is a glimmer of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I simply can't ignore the off the field stuff (God I feel depressed)

Doesn't help any you calling him KOK.

fernandopartridge

The statement has clarified things. Sisu, again, haven't paid their bill. It was a condition of getting the golden share.
They are now 6 weeks (not three weeks) overdue.
What with the total absence of any hint of a new stadium after over a year, it is more ammunition for the FL to take the golden share off Sisu and hand it to an interim group to move us on.
Kingokings may be gloomy and I think we can all see why.
There is NO future for our club with Sisu. We have to break the ties.
A meeting should be arranged with the football league to discuss all this. Face to face.
The FL have every cause now to take back the share and hand it to an interim group.
Failure to move will see the club out of existence.
It has stunned me that a few hundred fans have been taken in by Sisu in the past year or so.
Cut them out. Stop negotiating with them. Well, that'll be easy, they don't negotiate do they.
Carry on as we are and you set yourselves up for years of this.
Who is the interim group you talk of?

Kingokings204

Doesn't help any you calling him KOK.

That's it window time lol no seriously the club is just a wreck and I think we all need now to move on. There isn't even a glimpse of any hope left.

As long as all these parties stay in control then we can never move on. Only chance is fl getting involved so I won't hold out much hope.

skyblueinBaku

;)

I just meant, can the FL take the golden share off SISU?

I don't know for certain, but I suppose that in their rules there must be provision for taking the golden share away. If they did, then Sisu's lawyers would rub their hands with glee and start looking at posh car brochures.

Monners

Suspect they can take the GS (too lazy to type GOlden Share). Not sure they can just hand it to anyone though. Anyway, as others have said - what interim group?

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

really don't understand why everyone is getting so depressed or irate about this.....

I don't see how anythings changed.....

ACL, SISU, CCC & FL are all still cunts....

EDIT: the fact that no-one appears to know where Mc Gin & T's cash has gone is fucking hilarious.....

ccfc92

Depends on the terms of the condition they've imposed. It would sound like they can but that doesn't help anybody. The club is essentially dead at that stage as SISU own everything.

Exactly my worries :(

Would taking the golden share also include players contracts? If not, then we don't gain any progress.

Nick

Administrator
really don't understand why everyone is getting so depressed or irate about this.....

I don't see how anythings changed.....

ACL, SISU, CCC & FL are all still cunts....

EDIT: the fact that no-one appears to know where Mc Gin & T's cash has gone is fucking hilarious.....
Exactly, interesting that nobody will comment.

Users who are viewing this thread