Acl to comment on Ricoh arena position (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

I still think that if sisu only have to pay £90k or £290k for the right to play in the league because MM & GR have already paid £300k (discounted from £500k) then surely MM & GR own a larger % of the golden share than sisu and therefore have a say on where the golden shares home games should be played.

If I was MM & JR I'd be seeking clarification from the FL on this, I'd want something for my money if a benefit had been gained from it and I'm damn sure so would everyone else in the world would too.

Oh dear this is a messy situation. The FL need to call an emergency meeting to nip this in the bud before it gets any messier. I don't think it can wait till August.

Nick

Administrator
I still think that if sisu only have to pay £90k or £290k for the right to play in the league because MM & GR have already paid £300k (discounted from £500k) then surely MM & GR own a larger % of the golden share than sisu and therefore have a say on where the golden shares home games should be played.

If I was MM & JR I'd be seeking clarification from the FL on this, I'd want something for my money if a benefit had been gained from it and I'm damn sure so would everyone else in the world would too.

Oh dear this is a messy situation. The FL need to call an emergency meeting to nip this in the bud before it gets any messier. I don't think it can wait till August.
That money wasn't for the golden share though was it?

_brian_

'Acl to comment on Ricoh arena position' - "It's still just off junction 3 of the M6"*!!! LOL!

(*I've taken the thread title to mean the actual position of the Ricoh Arena for the purposes of a joke!!! Just a bit of Friday funtasticness!!!)

ccfc92

That money wasn't for the golden share though was it?

This is the problem, there needs to be some clarification. Some think it's rent, others think it's for the golden share etc, sort it out now football league!!!

Ian1779

How do you know it wasn't reported to the appropriate authorities? It's clear the Football League were aware of something odd, hence the bizarre agreement to pay ACL £590k.

And you've just made exactly the point yourself, ACL didn't like the outcome, and the CVA is a voluntary process. If the business who owe the money can't satisfy it's creditors with the arrangement, then the creditor is not obliged to accept it.

If they didn't like it then have the balls to say it.. don't hide behind the excuses that they did. Pretending they did it for the good of the fans is shameful.

On your other point, no one is saying that ACL should not have their money. There is no excuse for it not to be paid. But all we have is a bunch of 'claims' from all sides. With no evidence to support any of them.

If the 'agreement' is as clear cut as it's being made out... then the process will finish and they will get their money. The only problem with that I can see is that maybe the agreement isn't quite as binding as it's made out... but again we have nothing to go on.

Grendel

Wasn't it? What was it for then?

No-one actually knows what it's for and most importantly how it was calculated. It's an odd amount and appears similar to the offer at the CVA. If the offer reflects that this is why sisu will claim the £300,000 should be netted off as that wasn't in Appletons calculations.

ccfcway

a year on we are no nearer to either....

a) returning to Ricoh or
b) building a stadium

I suspect it will be the same this time next year as well. And more than likely, the year after. They will then demonstrate to the FL that at the end of year 3 they are "in negotiations" to return to the Ricoh, which will keep FL off their backs for another year.

As they have said themselves, SISU are playing the long game. Why anyone thinks we could be back at the Ricoh this season, or even next season is beyond me.

Haven't SISU have been effectively given at least 5 years by the FL to break ACL ?

We are only a year into that now. Strap in, the ride has just begun !

skybluetony176

Why would they pay acl for the golden share? Wasnt it just a condition so that they could have it?

Isn't that the same thing?

If I want to buy a Jaguar off grendull isn't one of the conditions that i have to pay for it before i drive it away? if someone else pays for it they drive it away and I'm left with nothing, surely?

Like i said this is messy and i don't blame sisu for that and niether am i suprised that they are trying to take advantage of that. the FL need to do something they are yet to do and thats clarify the situation. the reality is that they should have done this in the first instance and not just to sisu but also acl as the recipient of the payment. that way niether party would be able to use it to point fingers at the other as a stumbling block for moving forward. the situation we have is that both parties are using it as a stumbling block and this has been allowed to happen because of the FL.

Grendel

Isn't that the same thing?

If I want to buy a Jaguar off grendull isn't one of the conditions that i have to pay for it before i drive it away? if someone else pays for it they drive it away and I'm left with nothing, surely?

Like i said this is messy and i don't blame sisu for that and niether am i suprised that they are trying to take advantage of that. the FL need to do something they are yet to do and thats clarify the situation. the reality is that they should have done this in the first instance and not just to sisu but also acl as the recipient of the payment. that way niether party would be able to use it to point fingers at the other as a stumbling block for moving forward. the situation we have is that both parties are using it as a stumbling block and this has been allowed to happen because of the FL.

Tony lets be honest you couldn't afford a jaguar. Good news, however. I do have a contact who has a 1996 Skoda Estelle for sale. Its a special edition - yes it has wheel trims. Let me know if you are interested.

shmmeee

No-one actually knows what it's for and most importantly how it was calculated. It's an odd amount and appears similar to the offer at the CVA. If the offer reflects that this is why sisu will claim the £300,000 should be netted off as that wasn't in Appletons calculations.

But as OSB said, that £300k coming into CCFC Ltd's accounts would need to be split between all parties owed money, so the full amount wouldn't have been taken off anyway. Edit: on second thoughts, not sure that's right. Is it money from CCFC Ltd? or is it a separate agreement with MM/GR?

Fucking Football League and they're stupid kludges because they can't be arsed to follow their own rules.

Astute

Tony lets be honest you couldn't afford a jaguar. Good news, however. I do have a contact who has a 1996 Skoda Estelle for sale. Its a special edition - yes it has wheel trims. Let me know if you are interested.

Bragging about money and making out that others don't have any again Grendel?

Suppose it is my fault again :D

Users who are viewing this thread