ACL tactics (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

try to be objective and see both sides

Fuck me, for a minute I thought you of all people had written that he should be objective and to try and see both sides. But nah, must have been mistaken.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but have the trust met with ACL? It seems that by arranging the charity game all city fans are siding completely with ACL. Would it not be a good thing for the trust to meet with ACL to get some questions answered about should SISU leave the club would they be prepared to sell the Ricoh, what contract is in place for the F&B and can it be broken? etc. I would have thought in a closed meeting more could be said about their future plans and ensure they are in in for the club as well as themselves.

The trust did not arrange the game

deanocity3

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but have the trust met with ACL? It seems that by arranging the charity game all city fans are siding completely with ACL. Would it not be a good thing for the trust to meet with ACL to get some questions answered about should SISU leave the club would they be prepared to sell the Ricoh, what contract is in place for the F&B and can it be broken? etc. I would have thought in a closed meeting more could be said about their future plans and ensure they are in in for the club as well as themselves.

I would imagine they have, as we can't all turn up on sunday and the arena is closed.I hope there is grass on the pitch too

pugwash

Okay but like any good gambler (which is what I think a hedge fund is/does) you have to know when to cut your losses and walk away. I mean if no one goes to Sixfields then even if she cuts right back to the bone it will still be costing her an arm and a leg, does she and her funds really have enough money to continue on for ever? If what ACL said is true then she'll just launch legal attacks at everyone she can until the Ricoh is hers. At the sign of the first lawsuit it will prove what ACL have said is correct.

I tend to agree. Realistically as Sisu underinvest and City slide down the leagues, it a) reduces the price anyone would be willing to buy the club for, and b) makes it more likely that another Cov team would start up and provide direct competition. The only way Sisu get anything reasonable back from their investment at this point is to sell soon or move ahead with building the new stadium as quickly as possible (which IMO will never happen in or near Coventry).

shmmeee

So if SISU offered them £500 million for the whole of ACL are you saying they wouldn't sell?

If Sisu offered the agreed price they'd sell. This whole thing is about the fact that Sisu won't offer a fair price.

grego_gee

SISU are not interested in renting.
Nor are they interested in buying whats left of the 50 year lease that ACL own.
They are now only interested in buying the freehold which the Council own.
The Council is a brick wall they have said "Hell will freeze over" before they would sell it.
The Council only put in £10m in Equity. What would a fair price be?

:pimp:

Nonleagueherewecome

Her immediate plan will be to cut back and lock down . Minimise all outgoings ,realise as many assets as possible and roll along down the leagues if must . She has nothing to rush for , she's already lost 35 mil. How long can we the fans hold out . The longer it goes the more pressure will be on ccc and ACL to deal

Now that is classic Hedge Fund behaviour-cut, cut, cut. What they then normally do is sell on at a profit. I can't for the life of me imagine how that will be possible at CCFC-or indeed any football club, as the cuts cost too much by their consequences, leaving very little of any value to sell. What would you give for a break-even L2 club with no ground? 2-5m?

Manchester_sky_blue

Now that is classic Hedge Fund behaviour-cut, cut, cut. What they then normally do is sell on at a profit. I can't for the life of me imagine how that will be possible at CCFC-or indeed any football club, as the cuts cost too much by their consequences, leaving very little of any value to sell. What would you give for a break-even L2 club with no ground? 2-5m?

Probably not even that much. SISU's entire strategy relies on getting the Ricoh on the cheap and then selling the whole combined outfit for a profit.

That said, as I have said all along, I still believe that SISU are somehow filtering money through the club, either its some tax dodge or perhaps something even more shady but their determination to keep hold of us suggests that we serve some purpose for them other than the very limited footballing revenues.

covcity4life

Don't think anyone thinks ACL are here for the greater good.

They are here to make a profit. I do believe that they do care about Coventry City FC. Obviously however, not for the club's owners.

yeh ccc/acl love us so much they got us deducted 20pts

cruel to be kind and all that? sure.

Big_Ben

Don't think anyone thinks ACL are here for the greater good.

They are here to make a profit. I do believe that they do care about Coventry City FC. Obviously however, not for the club's owners.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't ACL set up by the council, with the council as major shareholders?

James Smith

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't ACL set up by the council, with the council as major shareholders?

No, the Higgs and the council are equal partners and have two directors each on the board. There are two independents to resolve any deadlock.

Users who are viewing this thread