ACL tactics (1 Viewer)

Just wondering now it seems to be blatantly obviosu that SISU are simply looking to asset strip following their failure to get the Ricoh ( which I'm sure they'd have sold too) , did ACL know this all along? Did they start off wanting to work with SISU and then reach a point when they saw true colours ( possibly before all but Elliot and Hoffman?)

Looking at the things that the "anti-ACL" crowd point out about them being unhelpful etc...could these have been then totally not trusting SISU??

Grendel

Just wondering now it seems to be blatantly obviosu that SISU are simply looking to asset strip following their failure to get the Ricoh ( which I'm sure they'd have sold too) , did ACL know this all along? Did they start off wanting to work with SISU and then reach a point when they saw true colours ( possibly before all but Elliot and Hoffman?)

Looking at the things that the "anti-ACL" crowd point out about them being unhelpful etc...could these have been then totally not trusting SISU??

So if SISU offered them £500 million for the whole of ACL are you saying they wouldn't sell?

Grendel

I don 't understand the relevance of your comment. Can you please explain?

The assumption is ACL are here for the greater good. No they are not and would sell to anyone at a price they would accept and certainly wouldn't give a stuff if the buyer then liquidated the football club.

edgy

How is it blatantly obvious that SISU want to asset strip? Have you concluded this from a dubious tabloid rumour? And if so, selling players to fit in with your allowed wage structure is not "asset striping".

Otis

Don't think anyone thinks ACL are here for the greater good.

They are here to make a profit. I do believe that they do care about Coventry City FC. Obviously however, not for the club's owners.

kmj5000

So if SISU offered them £500 million for the whole of ACL are you saying they wouldn't sell?

What evidence is there to justify such a categoric statement below?

The assumption is ACL are here for the greater good. No they are not and would sell to anyone at a price they would accept and certainly wouldn't give a stuff if the buyer then liquidated the football club.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Acl's responsibility first and foremost is to run the Ricoh arena to the best of its ability. That is its main responsibility. Most of its board members are city fans yet that has to come secondary.

The greater good thing doesn't really come into it.

Sisu's responsibility is to the running of Ccfc. It is up to them, and them alone to ensure Ccfc is run to its potential.

SISU- They are a distressed hedge fund- asset stripping is what they do. Look at their history elsewhere. Its what they do. I very much doubt they'd changed their business model

ACL selling for £500m...I'm sure they would as it would recover their investment. I'd sell my left hand for £500m... so that point is a little mute. However the question would ACL sell if the price was right, I think the answer would be that the right price would depend on the right buyer.

italiahorse

10,000 + posts. Everyone bullshit.
Must be a 24 hour job. Do SISU pay overtime?

James Smith

So if Joy offered 50p and a bag of Quavers and said that if they didn't sell at that price then the club is never coming back to the Ricoh - they should also sell?

saltaire bantam

I am not being funny, but apart from the FL golden share which they can't sell anyway, what assets do SISU now have of any value? How can they asset strip?

James Smith

I am not being funny, but apart for the FL golden share which they can't sell anyway, what assets do SISU now have of any value?
I've mentioned this before and I think I though it was Ryton, the players contracts/registrations, the Golden share and associated tv/radio revenues, Club trademarks/merchandise. Have I missed any?

I am not being funny, but apart from the FL golden share which they can't sell anyway, what assets do SISU now have of any value? How can they asset strip?

players......

Baker, Murphy and Clarke WILL go. I dont think its too much of a stretch to say they were told they were going, blabbed and then we're chewed out because the announcement may have reduced their asking price.

and dont tell me that the bomb squad is entirely Elvis's call??

saltaire bantam

I've mentioned this before and I think I though it was Ryton, the players contracts/registrations, the Golden share and associated tv/radio revenues, Club trademarks/merchandise. Have I missed any?

But all this, and more, is needed to fund running costs, they don't appear to have anything to sell/dispose of, for cash?

I'd like to think that other clubs will treat you well when you sell players...............

Buster

THEY CAME FOR THE RICOH!!!
There job is only half done! Theve been sussed. They didnt count for the determination of ACL , Joe Elliot and the sky blue army F### you SISU
See you Sunday PUSB

James Smith

But all this, and more, is needed to fund running costs, they don't appear to have anything to sell/dispose of, for cash?

I'd like to think that other clubs will treat you well when you sell players...............

Nope and if nobody goes to Sixfields then hopefully it might apply enough financial pressure for them to reconsider their plan. Even if the debts were actually only £30m I don't believe that they have that much in assets in the club. I may be wrong on this as I'm not too hot balance sheets but that would be my guess.

SkyblueBazza

IMO...you are right to an extent, in that ACL reached a point where they thought they had a chance of a sensible sale. As a Hedge-fund SISU at that precise moment know that the Ricoh is theirs for a much lower price if they distress ACL.
SISU certainly want the Ricoh...as most of us agree - at a knock down price. So as soon as ACL realised that they were only going to do whatever they felt necessary to return the distress however they could - with interest if possible...& so we have entered the childish slanging match, but also seriously damaging attempts at out-manoeuvring each-other into financial ruin for ACL, or SISU red-faced pull-out or back-tracking. Each side considers it worth the battle because they each believe they can & will win - so ultimately, we the fans matter little or nothing! To independent financiers it is probably a fascinating war of attrition - because they don't give a shit about the outcome either.

saltaire bantam

Nope and if nobody goes to Sixfields then hopefully it might apply enough financial pressure for them to reconsider their plan. Even if the debts were actually only £30m I don't believe that they have that much in assets in the club. I may be wrong on this as I'm not too hot balance sheets but that would be my guess.

But it's impossible to get a figure for SISU's business assets to assess how long they can fund the large losses from lack of fans, advertising, sponsorship, shop sales etc I've tried, the myriad of subsiduaries is enough to send you crackers! The only way for you though.

deanocity3

But it's impossible to get a figure for SISU's business assets to assess how long they can fund the large losses from lack of fans, advertising, sponsorship, shop sales etc I've tried, the myriad of subsiduaries is enough to send you crackers! The only way for you though.

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 31/03/2013 reported 'cash at bank' of £479,753, 'liabilities' worth £163,293, 'net worth' of £800,672 and 'assets' worth £980,434
this just being SiSu capital only

Sba180

How is it blatantly obvious that SISU want to asset strip? Have you concluded this from a dubious tabloid rumour? And if so, selling players to fit in with your allowed wage structure is not "asset striping".
The words "SISU" and "structure" don't belong in the same paragraph

James Smith

I can't believe that Mrs Seppala will continue to fund the club and will eventually realise that she isn't going to get the Ricoh, and us fans are (hopefully) not going to Sixfields. At which point she has to do something to get some money back how is she going to do this other than a sale? I can't imagine that anything other than the sale of the club as a going concern would get the best return. As I say not an expert in all this but I am learning.

Buster

I can't believe that Mrs Seppala will continue to fund the club and will eventually realise that she isn't going to get the Ricoh, and us fans are (hopefully) not going to Sixfields. At which point she has to do something to get some money back how is she going to do this other than a sale? I can't imagine that anything other than the sale of the club as a going concern would get the best return. As I say not an expert in all this but I am learning.

Her immediate plan will be to cut back and lock down . Minimise all outgoings ,realise as many assets as possible and roll along down the leagues if must . She has nothing to rush for , she's already lost 35 mil. How long can we the fans hold out . The longer it goes the more pressure will be on ccc and ACL to deal

James Smith

Her immediate plan will be to cut back and lock down . Minimise all outgoings ,realise as many assets as possible and roll along down the leagues if must . She has nothing to rush for , she's already lost 35 mil. How long can we the fans hold out . The longer it goes the more pressure will be on ccc and ACL to deal
Okay but like any good gambler (which is what I think a hedge fund is/does) you have to know when to cut your losses and walk away. I mean if no one goes to Sixfields then even if she cuts right back to the bone it will still be costing her an arm and a leg, does she and her funds really have enough money to continue on for ever? If what ACL said is true then she'll just launch legal attacks at everyone she can until the Ricoh is hers. At the sign of the first lawsuit it will prove what ACL have said is correct.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

And the other side of the coin, do you believe that SISU would have accepted any offer from ACL to play at the Ricoh?

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but have the trust met with ACL? It seems that by arranging the charity game all city fans are siding completely with ACL. Would it not be a good thing for the trust to meet with ACL to get some questions answered about should SISU leave the club would they be prepared to sell the Ricoh, what contract is in place for the F&B and can it be broken? etc. I would have thought in a closed meeting more could be said about their future plans and ensure they are in in for the club as well as themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread