ACL: Internet Rumours Are Untrue (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

At the end of the day it is SISU who put the club, our club, or part of it into administration not ACL, so any points deduction down to them in my eyes.

eastwoodsdustman

We dont play there for nothing though. We pay £10k per game for the use of the stadium which is about what most others pay. The difference is we dont get the money form the catering etc, Acl do.

theferret

We've been relageted to our lowest league position in two generations, and we're now awaiting confirmation of a points deduction. We hope, as I don't believe we have a lawful right, that ACL will permit we play on a ground we haven't paid a penny in rent for, for over a year. You're right. Fisher's tenure has certainly seen a turn around in our fortunes :facepalm:

Yeah, but apart from that it's been a blast :p

SuperCov

The FL will not swallow the bullshit. If every time a club had debts they could simply move the debt to a seperate holding company, then everyone would do it.

But we have debts of unpaid rent on a stadium we do not own. This is what the whole hearing was about. They've just kept that agreement in the company that ACL applied the hearing against. Most clubs don't pay extortionate rent and/or own their ground.

For what it's worth, I don't with agree SISU withholding rent, they should've paid what they thought was reasonable.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We dont play there for nothing though. We pay £10k per game for the use of the stadium which is about what most others pay. The difference is we dont get the money form the catering etc, Acl do.

We do not pay a peny in rent, and haven't for over a year. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

You are referring to matchday costs

coundonskyblue

Isn't it lucky ccfc have a landlord who wont evict them despite everything they've done?

Surely even the anti acl/council lot must be pleased that acl have ensured Coventry city aren't moving to Walsall?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Isn't it lucky ccfc have a landlord who wont evict them despite everything they've done?

Surely even the anti acl/council lot must be pleased that acl have ensured Coventry city aren't moving to Walsall?
Yep I'm delighted, expect some will be very disappointed though that they haven't kicked us out. It's strange because you would have thought everyone would be pleased we wouldn't have to play outside the city

wingy

Yep I'm delighted, expect some will be very disappointed though that they haven't kicked us out. It's strange because you would have thought everyone would be pleased we wouldn't have to play outside the city

When Sisu confirm we won't be moving outside the City then we can express an opinion ,as yet they hav'nt retracted what they put out in the media last night.

Personally I am totally divorced from the fact that SISU own my Club,when people Express SISU as "US" it does'nt register,to me they are THEM.:(

tippex9

Maybe a sign that ACL need football there, even though they still deny this to be true.

The bigger picture is a lock out would hurt Compass the stadium catering company (depending on the contract), local pubs, clubs & burger vans.

torchomatic

But we were never moving to Walsall it was a rumour passed on like Chinese Whispers by you, CJ and many others.

fernandopartridge

The landlord probably can't evict them and then bring a case for non payment of rent. As the landlord would be in breach of the rent agreement as well.

Grendel

Grendals quiet today,wonder if he's involved in the negotaitions.:confused:

It's freezing in London. I'm just off for champagne at the Ritz with Tim and joy. Speak later.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've been relegated to our lowest league position in two generations, and we're now awaiting confirmation of a points deduction. We hope, as I don't believe we have a lawful right, that ACL will permit we play on a ground we haven't paid a penny in rent for, for over a year. You're right. Fisher's tenure has certainly seen a turn around in our fortunes :facepalm:

Frightening that I'm agreeing with you so much recently. Perhaps it is you who is due a pastry on this occasion?

Nonleagueherewecome

But we have debts of unpaid rent on a stadium we do not own. This is what the whole hearing was about. They've just kept that agreement in the company that ACL applied the hearing against. Most clubs don't pay extortionate rent and/or own their ground.

For what it's worth, I don't with agree SISU withholding rent, they should've paid what they thought was reasonable.

But a court had decided that the contract for the rent was valid (indeed, SISU didn't even challenge it's legality, they said it was too expensive). Is anyone trying to claim that CCFC have not actually been playing at The Ricoh? And how are we entitled to do so henceforth? So that company obviously was a major part of CCFC, right? Just because we were witholding rent doesn't mean that by liquidating part of CCFC that we don't have to pay rent anymore or that the back-rent isn't still payable. The FL must surely see though the shenanigans, it's clear as anything. If they don't and SISU have exploited a loophole, then they will surely legislate to ensure that this trick cannot be repeated.

Nonleagueherewecome

The most disappointed are probably SISU seeing as it's what they expected...

italiahorse

Strange that the Conservative Sports Minister concluded from joining that debate that we were an apallingly run Football Club.:facepalm:

He also said he didn't know much about it. Same as 99.9% of people on here.
Doesn't stop him having an opinion on it.
Just because he's a minister does not make him right and just because I'm a pleb don't make me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread