ACL: Internet Rumours Are Untrue (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

CCFC will not be locked out of the Ricoh.

Put away your hankies girls.

RoboCCFC90

Where have you seen this Torchy?

torchomatic

BBC spoke to ACL and ACL passed on the message. Otis heard it too so I'm not making it up!

until it comes from the horses mouth then assume nothing - probably for the best.

theferret

They weren't really internet rumours though. The online chatter followed reports from mainstream media sources which stated that SISU had briefed them to say they were looking at another venue and had FA agreement. All part of the game I imagine.

torchomatic

Ah, I can sense you are hurt and disappointed. Don't worry I'm sure ACL have something up their sleeves.

Thats rich coming from you ,you're always wetting your knickers:facepalm:;)

wingy

The start of the Council climbdown has begun.

Locking the gates is/was an option.
The Media battle is on SISU mooting the move to another ground essentially trying to pre-empt ACL's movement ,ACL showing some Dignity in the face of public perceptions.

eastwoodsdustman

No dignity when the council got their mate Bob to stand up in parliament to try and discredit Sisu eh? The labour mafia shows itself to be like a gang of left wing anarchists who don't really know what their trying to achieve or how to achieve it.

Nonleagueherewecome

No dignity when the council got their mate Bob to stand up in parliament to try and discredit Sisu eh? The labour mafia shows itself to be like a gang of left wing anarchists who don't really know what their trying to achieve or how to achieve it.

What a stupid post. Left-wing mafia? Ha.

wingy

I Can see why you keep your powder dry ,so Off the money and out of touch with reality.:whistle:

wingy

Strange that the Conservative Sports Minister concluded from joining that debate that we were an apallingly run Football Club.:facepalm:

RPHunt

SISU do not need anyone to discredit them, they are doing a sterling job on their own.

And the "labour mafia" appeared to know exactly what they were doing when they raised the money to refinance the ACL debt to Yorkshire Bank.

kevinleftpeg

shame that the wonderful SISU sold every single one of our decent players as they were so prudent & determined to return us to the Premiership as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately we are now in League 1

SISU= clueless :jerkit:'s

The Council are :jerkit:'s too but in the pecking order they are deffo 2nd place

TODAY IS A SHIT DAY whoever / whatever you think.

eastwoodsdustman

Bobs outburst in parliament was not something he's done off his own back. If it was why didn't he bring it up months ago? Its all part of the PR game that, to be fair, both sides are playing. The council for all of their posturing and actions have been outflanked by SISU on this one. Their next move will be interesting as it looks like they're about to lose their cash cow. Did anyone really expect anything different when you have some hard nosed and well informed business people to fight with? They key thing I've seen is in the latest Telegraph piece where ACL thought that the rent agreement was held by CCFCltd! Thought FFS.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well informed my arse, they're a complete joke! They won't get away with this.

eastwoodsdustman

Get away with what? Getting in first and doing what ACL hoped to do at about exactly now?
As for the club being run badly, is it any wonder with £1.5 + mill a year rent hanging around our necks and to be honest if anyone thinks that the running of the club hasn't improved since Fisher and Waggot were installed then they are kidding themselves.

theferret

Well informed my arse, they're a complete joke! They won't get away with this.

Get away with what? They have outflanked ACL with this latest move and it has left them floundering and rushing to reassure everyone that the club are welcome to play at the Ricoh (ACL have just ruled out the last available option left open to them).

Get away with the points deduction? It isn't going to happen and they know it as much as we do. Just trying their luck.

Not condoning any of this, but this idea that they are somehow stupid and ill-informed is just a nonsense.

Nonleagueherewecome

Get away with what? Getting in first and doing what ACL hoped to do at about exactly now?
As for the club being run badly, is it any wonder with £1.5 + mill a year rent hanging around our necks and to be honest if anyone thinks that the running of the club hasn't improved since Fisher and Waggot were installed then they are kidding themselves.

What they have done is completely different to what ACL have done. The FL will not swallow the bullshit. If every time a club had debts they could simply move the debt to a seperate holding company, then everyone would do it. It's just blatantly all a bit Arthur Daley. It's similar enough to the Southampton case that we'll get more than a 10 point deduction.

torchomatic

You're backing a Tory. It must be getting bad.

Tory: "Hello", he lied.

Strange that the Conservative Sports Minister concluded from joining that debate that we were an apallingly run Football Club.:facepalm:

wingy

Bobs outburst in parliament was not something he's done off his own back. If it was why didn't he bring it up months ago? Its all part of the PR game that, to be fair, both sides are playing. The council for all of their posturing and actions have been outflanked by SISU on this one. Their next move will be interesting as it looks like they're about to lose their cash cow. Did anyone really expect anything different when you have some hard nosed and well informed business people to fight with? They key thing I've seen is in the latest Telegraph piece where ACL thought that the rent agreement was held by CCFCltd! Thought FFS.[ QUOTE]

It was and is held by CCFC LTD you plonker,thats why they've pulled the plug on that part of the business.
The question is whether they were/are entitled to move the league share and player registrations from that arm of the business.

torchomatic

I find it odd that people WANTED ACL to put us into Admin, then SISU do it and suddenly it's a "bad thing". Of course, it is. And it was a bad thing for ACL to do it too.

I'm hoping this gives us a shot at the Play-Offs. It's the least we deserve.

Nonleagueherewecome

I find it odd that people WANTED ACL to put us into Admin, then SISU do it and suddenly it's a "bad thing". Of course, it is. And it was a bad thing for ACL to do it too.

I'm hoping this gives us a shot at the Play-Offs. It's the least we deserve.

Really? Is it not obvious?

eastwoodsdustman

The council have been pretty happy with (if whats been posted by some on here is true) their £1.8Mill a year form the club for the last 6 years in full knowledge that the club were struggling financially. They were/are quite happy to put us into admin to try to continue to get some of that money with no qualms about any deduction in points for the club.
Is the councils ation any better than Sisu's in this whole mess? At least the outcome if Sisu pull it off is better for CCFC in so much as the rent will be at a managable level for the club to try to propser in the future.
I don't think that there is any coincidence in the fact that we have signed a lot of new players in the same year as we have stopped paying the £1.3mill to the council although are still paying £10k per game which is nearer in line with most other clubs who rent their grounds.

eastwoodsdustman

It was and is held by CCFC LTD you plonker,thats why they've pulled the plug on that part of the business.
The question is whether they were/are entitled to move the league share and player registrations from that arm of the business

Its the 'thought' bit I was getting at. Should they not be 100% watertight sure on this sort of thing? I doubt 'we thought it was' will stand up in any court.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We've been relegated to our lowest league position in two generations, and we're now awaiting confirmation of a points deduction. We hope, as I don't believe we have a lawful right, that ACL will permit we play on a ground we haven't paid a penny in rent for, for over a year. You're right. Fisher's tenure has certainly seen a turn around in our fortunes :facepalm:

Last edited:
ACL!

ACL have said they have no intention of locking CCFC out of the Ricoh.

i think that acl really are looking out for ccfc, but as these days are going to get nastier my question is, why have a lease in the first place? administration wise i think acl wont get as much as what they are owed.

where as ccfc play there for nothing at the minute

Users who are viewing this thread