ACL £1m profit? (2 Viewers)

skybluehugh

If the majority of people on here think the rent is too high, and the club should have access to F&B revenue, then why is there the mass support of ACL against the football club?

Will you people get it into your heads IT IS NOT AGAINST THE CLUB THAT EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD ARE MENT TO LOVE but the tossers who own it. And their bully boy tactics. Some people on this board are just plain stubborn or worse plain stupid

Grendel

Why that comment Grendel

He has said it is fair about a million times. Other than bring back Coleman its all he ever says.

If its not fair what about the fact we have been ripped off for the last few years? Does that anger you.

I keep asking PWKH how the rent was established and if he thinks it is industry standard. He liked to attack me earlier. Now he won't answer questions. I can only conclude the ACL Gestapo have disconnected his Internet. My opinion of course.

CJparker

No it doesn't because we haven't. When are you going to give up?

Brighton Sky Blue

He has said it is fair about a million times. Other than bring back Coleman its all he ever says.

If its not fair what about the fact we have been ripped off for the last few years? Does that anger you.

I keep asking PWKH how the rent was established and if he thinks it is industry standard. He liked to attack me earlier. Now he won't answer questions. I can only conclude the ACL Gestapo have disconnected his Internet. My opinion of course.

It angers me a lot more that we signed over our rights to be ACL shareholders and burdened ourselves with this big financial mess.

CJparker

Nobody has yet explained to me the situation where you can get £20m-£30m in emergency funding from a third-party organisation for a project you are basing your future on...and then expect to pay not more than £100k per year in rent on said project when completed. £1.5m p/a would be about standard in the private sector.

The "league one average" is a total red herring, our circumstances are unique to us. I don't care what other councils have done, ACL/CCC do not owe us a penny.

NO SURRENDER TO SISU

PWKH

a couple of days ago in another thread I wrote:

Someone asked how the rental was arrived at: in the final years at HR the lease plus costs was c£900,000. The cost of lease and licence at the Rioch followed that model. It was signed off by Robinson and Brannigan for the Club and Fletcher and McGuigan on behalf of ACL. It had been agreed by the Boards of both ACL and CCFC.

and it is BT who disrupt my internet connection without the need for anybody else's help.

torchomatic

Th Ricoh deal runs until 2015. If by then the Club have gone then I presume they may decide to pass on another period of sponsorship.

So are you saying that the actual contract drawn up has no clauses whatsever that give the main sponsors the option to reconsider if the football club leaves the Arena then.

If that is the case I apologise.

Sick Boy

Th Ricoh deal runs until 2015. If by then the Club have gone then I presume they may decide to pass on another period of sponsorship.

Surely they would be interested in being associated with all of the concerts which are going to be held there once the pesky football club have gone?

Sick Boy

The "league one average" is a total red herring, our circumstances are unique to us. I don't care what other councils have done, ACL/CCC do not owe us a penny.

NO SURRENDER TO SISU

I assume you won't be bothered if we are a mediocre league 2 club in a couple of years once FFP comes into play?

Brighton Sky Blue

Nobody has yet explained to me the situation where you can get £20m-£30m in emergency funding from a third-party organisation for a project you are basing your future on...and then expect to pay not more than £100k per year in rent on said project when completed. £1.5m p/a would be about standard in the private sector.

NO SURRENDER TO SISU

It's no wonder everyone on here calls troll when you post such statements.

lordsummerisle

Sorry forgot about that lot. And their wonderful PR when so called stakeholders want to protest, flags and signs taken of them and un-numbered police officers causing a near riot, great owners hey.

Sisu run the police now?

Tories and their privatisation eh?

coundonskyblue

I assume you won't be bothered if we are a mediocre league 2 club in a couple of years once FFP comes into play?

FFP ensures that we have one of the biggest budgets in this division.

If we are a league 2 club in a few years it will not be because of FFP.

torchomatic

CJ. He thinks the rent is fair. There you go, named one.

WHO THE FECK ON THIS BOARD HA S EVER SAID THAT THE RENT WAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT, NAME ONE. What has been said is that the rent was never an issue for our owners, until they got us relegated through their own ineptitude. What pissed most people off was and is how they have tried to force ACL out of business so they can rip off the people of Coventry to get their hands on the ground.

CJparker

It's no wonder everyone on here calls troll when you post such statements.

Would anyone care to refute any of this, rather than insult me?

I have posted threads on this so many times now, but never had a coherent, well argued response.

I am not a fucking troll - I want SISU out of our club and the best way to do that is not to give in to their demands.

Brighton Sky Blue

CJ. He thinks the rent is fair. There you go, named one.

CJ is in a world of his own on a whole host of topics-if you canvassed everybody else I'm sure you'd struggle to find anyone seriously arguing against a rent reduction. But let's be clear, ACL have offered a rent that Fisher is happy with, and that they must also be happy with, so can we please stop acting as though that is the sticking point?

Brighton Sky Blue

Would anyone care to refute any of this, rather than insult me?

I have posted threads on this so many times now, but never had a coherent, well argued response.

I am not a fucking troll - I want SISU out of our club and the best way to do that is not to give in to their demands.

The argument is flawed when you consider that ACL have happily offered a rent nearly £1m a year less than the current figure. The crux of the stalemate is access to extra matchday revenues which the club refuses to pay for.

Brighton Sky Blue

Come on, that's nothing.

Have you not seen the ACL take over the club and install Coleman as manager, or why doesn't King play for England ones?

I've seen them all-even the likes of Don and MMM have come to accept that Thorn's tenure was a failure and not dismissing him soon was a huge mistake. CJ vociferously defends his reign and, as with most things, only sees 100% blame on SISU for Thorn's incompetence.

Mucca Mad Boys

I could be wrong but I don't remember him saying that the rent was fair but that we should pay what we agreed under contract to pay. CJ you out there

Fucking hell!

He said in one post:

"THE RENT IS FAIR" (or 1.28m IS FAIR) about 5 times!

torchomatic

I'm not disagreeing. I just HAD to reply when Hugh said that no one had said the rent was right. CJ takes his defence of ACL just a little too far.

CJ is in a world of his own on a whole host of topics-if you canvassed everybody else I'm sure you'd struggle to find anyone seriously arguing against a rent reduction. But let's be clear, ACL have offered a rent that Fisher is happy with, and that they must also be happy with, so can we please stop acting as though that is the sticking point?

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not disagreeing. I just HAD to reply when Hugh said that no one had said the rent was right. CJ takes his defence of ACL just a little too far.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's also said that he's happy to see the club go bust for his actions. Why any fan would want their own team to go out of business will never make sense to me.

torchomatic

You "don't remember". Convenient. Ask him yourself directly, just type something along the lines of "CJ, do you think the rent is a fair?" He will probably argue it's notenough.

I could be wrong but I don't remember him saying that the rent was fair but that we should pay what we agreed under contract to pay. CJ you out there

CJparker

I'm not unhappy with a rent reduction - it is a very generous offer that clearly the club should accept.

What I am unhappy with, is our supporters living in delusion land by blaming other people/organisations for our own failings.

There is only one entity responsible for our current situation - SISU. Get them out now.

And I'm not in a world of my own, how the fuck dare you write that.

CJparker

You "don't remember". Convenient. Ask him yourself directly, just type something along the lines of "CJ, do you think the rent is a fair?" He will probably argue it's notenough.

The rent is fair. Can you argue against that by any means other than the misleading "league one average" delusion?

Not against accepting the lower, offer.

torchomatic

Yes, he's said that too. He has an unbelievable attitude towards the club he supports.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's also said that he's happy to see the club go bust for his actions. Why any fan would want their own team to go out of business will never make sense to me.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not unhappy with a rent reduction - it is a very generous offer that clearly the club should accept.

What I am unhappy with, is our supporters living in delusion land by blaming other people/organisations for our own failings.

There is only one entity responsible for our current situation - SISU. Get them out now.

And I'm not in a world of my own, how the feck dare you write that.

Should we at least make the revenue streams our fans generate at CCFC games?

Yes, 100-200k would make a difference, with the 808k reduction.

CJparker

To listen to Torch, you would think ACL are ripping the club off and screwing us over by insisting on prompt payment of a contractually agreed rent.

If we allow fans like this, we are letting SISU off the hook from the criticism they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread