ACL £1m profit? (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

Of course most people don't have the insider knowledge that I have. I respect those who try to fathom out what is happening and make educated guesses and try to analyse everything that is published. When supposition and guesswork is made to sound like fact and used to demolish someone else's argument I want to state the fact. Most of the time I can't. This time Grendel went too far. He often has said that when/if CCFC are not at the Ricoh the sponsorship contracts fall in. He states it as a matter of fact. He is ignorant of the facts and seems not to have the humility to acknowledge it when it is an opinion. All opinions are valid: but they are just opinions. To make an opinion appear as fact gives no respect to the other person and is a dishonest way of arguing. If the only way you can win a point is to make it up you are a pretty pathetic specimen.

Most posters do not pretend to KNOW. Grendel pretends to KNOW.

The vast majority of posters on here are very grateful that you give us what information you can. Please do not let the likes of Grendel put you off posting on here.

Tonylinc

Can somebody with some influence please get these parties together and bang their stupid heads till a deal is reached. I am sick and tired of all this in- fighting and simply want an end to the bloody mess which it is causing. I suspect a lot of CCFC fans feel the same. GET IT SORTED!!!!!

Grendel

Of course most people don't have the insider knowledge that I have. I respect those who try to fathom out what is happening and make educated guesses and try to analyse everything that is published. When supposition and guesswork is made to sound like fact and used to demolish someone else's argument I want to state the fact. Most of the time I can't. This time Grendel went too far. He often has said that when/if CCFC are not at the Ricoh the sponsorship contracts fall in. He states it as a matter of fact. He is ignorant of the facts and seems not to have the humility to acknowledge it when it is an opinion. All opinions are valid: but they are just opinions. To make an opinion appear as fact gives no respect to the other person and is a dishonest way of arguing. If the only way you can win a point is to make it up you are a pretty pathetic specimen.

Most posters do not pretend to KNOW. Grendel pretends to KNOW.

So are you saying that the actual contract drawn up has no clauses whatsever that give the main sponsors the option to reconsider if the football club leaves the Arena then.

If that is the case I apologise.

covmark

Can somebody with some influence please get these parties together and bang their stupid heads till a deal is reached. I am sick and tired of all this in- fighting and simply want an end to the bloody mess which it is causing. I suspect a lot of CCFC fans feel the same. GET IT SORTED!!!!!
Agree totally, trouble is nobody gives a fuck about the club or the fans, sisu don't and ACL certainly don't, wish they would all just fuck off greedy cunts

Grendel

This is what you wrote Grendel any more so called facts your short memory can deliver ?

Indeed it is and it is in fact based on some knowledge of another contract with another organisation for sponsorship of a stadium. This was a clear stipulation.

If he can assure me that no such clauses exist I would stand down on this particular argument.

I note that a couple of other questions I recently posed remain unanswered. One was the setting of the original rental agreement and what industry yardsticks were used to determine of this was a fair commercial arrangement for a football club.

The other was if he can thing of another football club that has such a punitive and restrictive arrangement in England.

Oddly the answers have been less than forthcoming.

Grendel

How much is the Ricoh and other associated sponsorhip deals worth? Once the club leaves those deals will in all probabilty be cancelled. Whatever people say the football club is the driving force behind the whole arena. Sponsors look at google hits media drivers and the resident sporting inhabitant is the driving force. Of course this is merely my opinion and if someone can demonstrate otherwise I will gladly be corrected.

There amended for those of a sensitive disposition. Perhaps I will get an alternate opinion perhaps I won't.

GaryPendrysEyes

Grendel you do realise you are an absolute nomark, nobody right? You seem to be heading to some sort of fantasist breakdown.
Get a grip.

sky blue john

Indeed it is and it is in fact based on some knowledge of another contract with another organisation for sponsorship of a stadium. This was a clear stipulation.

If he can assure me that no such clauses exist I would stand down on this particular argument.

I note that a couple of other questions I recently posed remain unanswered. One was the setting of the original rental agreement and what industry yardsticks were used to determine of this was a fair commercial arrangement for a football club.

The other was if he can thing of another football club that has such a punitive and restrictive arrangement in England.

Oddly the answers have been less than forthcoming.

Im going to help you out here Grendel and hazzard a guess on how the original arrangement for rent arrived !!!
Think back new stadium with a mortgage that had to be paid. The annual payments for the mortgage came to 1.2million. So that is possibly how that figure arrived. You have to remember ACL were a new venture which hadn't tapped into the other income streams yet and had no trading history.
I may be way off the mark and like i say its a guess.

In terms of other clubs and stadiums why are you so obsessed?
why do you feel everyone should be an authority on every other clubs rent arrangements in the country. Every other club have there own unique arrangements that have nothing to do with ccfc and us.

SkyblueBazza

So are you saying that the actual contract drawn up has no clauses whatsever that give the main sponsors the option to reconsider if the football club leaves the Arena then.

If that is the case I apologise.

Well if those short few yrs ago someone suggested a seriously long term rent contract for tenancy of a stadium. and that contracted rent non-variable even in the event of relegation & the subsequent gate reductions - many of us would have laughed them off this forum.

So maybe the sponsors are similarly tied-in? Who knows???

Grendel

Grendel you do realise you are an absolute nomark, nobody right? You seem to be heading to some sort of fantasist breakdown.
Get a grip.

Amazing how many people only post about 1 subject. I assume my friend from Switzerland will soon be logging in.

I remain to get the answer to my questions. One of those of I have even said I will apologise for if the answer is forthcoming.

I am sure most of the ACL sycophants are interested in Lord hawe hawe style communication.

I am not. I have a background in marketing and sponsorship. I firmly believe the club is being exploited and has been for many many years.

Most people on here may be prepared to sleepwalk into oblivion. I won't.

skybluehugh

Get a grip.
This is why I think he has some sort of relationship with our crap owners. He is as delusional as TF/SW they like to blame anyone but the real culprits Shitsu.

Last edited:

skybluehugh

Amazing how many people only post about 1 subject. I assume my friend from Switzerland will soon be logging in.

I remain to get the answer to my questions. One of those of I have even said I will apologise for if the answer is forthcoming.

I am sure most of the ACL sycophants are interested in Lord hawe hawe style communication.

I am not. I have a background in marketing and sponsorship. I firmly believe the club is being exploited and has been for many many years.

Most people on here may be prepared to sleepwalk into oblivion. I won't.

Sorry again Grendel, but if anyone is sleepwalking into our owners garden of Eden it is you, when most SB fans see the truth that they are and have been dragging us down into hell.

Grendel

Sorry again Grendel, but if anyone is sleepwalking into our owners garden of Eden it is you, when most SB fans see the truth that they are and have been dragging us down into hell.

So please enlighten us. What is the truth?

Sick Boy

I take it that those who think that the current £1.2m a year rent is acceptable would also be horrified if any potential new owners were to seek a reduction?

Stevec189

But did this stadium have other successful sources of income and marketing? In an earlier post you stated google etc hits as being part of the marketing. So take 1 successful concert at the Ricoh. Sell out crowed of 45,000 that sold out in under 2 hours. For every ticket sold lets make a conservative that half as many people again tried to get tickets so 65,000 hits. Average gate of 11,000. even using the same number of searches you only get 16,000 hits. So for ever concert you need at least 4 football matches. And thats just two outdoor concerts. Add 3 or 4 concerts in doors, successful conferences etc. and number of hits you are getting soon outstrips those generated by a poorly supported 3rd division football club. Since you are in marketing you can tell me if my numbers are right or vastly under or over rated but some of the big concert names the venue has managed to attract would keep the profile high without the football club.

Of course I maybe completely wrong but that's how it appears to me with no inside knowledge or background in marketing.

Brighton Sky Blue

The truth is we are being monumentally ripped off, but of course it is all big bad sisu's fault and no blame shall be apportioned to angelic ACL

Guess we shouldn't have signed away our share then. Might also have been an idea to use negotiation as a negotiating tool rather than breaking a contract and expecting it to go unheeded.

sky blue john

I take it that those who think that the current £1.2m a year rent is acceptable would also be horrified if any potential new owners were to seek a reduction?

Get off your high horse no one disagrees about the rent figure currently being to high.
An offer was made for it to be considerably reduced by ACL but Sisu have declined to take up this option of a reduced rent because they like to play games !!!

Nonleagueherewecome

So please enlighten us. What is the truth?

To quote the great Sideshow Bob;

"The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler, you! I deride your truth-handling abilities!"

:p

skybluehugh

WHO THE FECK ON THIS BOARD HA S EVER SAID THAT THE RENT WAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT, NAME ONE. What has been said is that the rent was never an issue for our owners, until they got us relegated through their own ineptitude. What pissed most people off was and is how they have tried to force ACL out of business so they can rip off the people of Coventry to get their hands on the ground.

Nonleagueherewecome

WHO THE FECK ON THIS BOARD HA S EVER SAID THAT THE RENT WAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT, NAME ONE. What has been said is that the rent was never an issue for our owners, until they got us relegated through their own ineptitude. What pissed most people off was and is how they have tried to force ACL out of business so they can rip off the people of Coventry to get their hands on the ground.

And endangering the future of the club through their laughable "strategy"...orange goons and searching children wasn't too clever, either, lest we forget..

cofastreecity

SBT ....... year end for ACL is 31/05/12 the Olympics were after that and will be in next years accounts....... so that might soften any bad debt in the last 12 months.

othe stuff

The accounts are confirmed as at company house but not yet available to download

So assertions of profit, ripping off etc are as yet wide of the mark............. there may well be very good reasons why ACL make a surplus that have nothing to do with CCFC.

have said, for literally years, that CCFC should have the football club income streams .......... just got to buy back what they have already had hard cash for. There are no free lunches in business. Those income streams could have been repurchased for relatively modest amounts years ago but CCFC, its board and owners chose not to.

£1m + nett profit is not bad for a company that is apparently bust. This would have included the rent CCFC paid + the part release of the escrow during ACL's financial year up to 31/05/12. With the Olympics the smart debt restructure and the balance of the escrow draw down, I bet ACL will have another successful Financial Year in 12/13, perhaps those business guy's on the ACL Board are sharper than we think? Can just see TF thinking up another excuse for the ACL financial success and CCFC's dreadful business performance, perhaps ACL should manage the football club?

Grendel

CJ Parker - you said name one.

skybluehugh

And endangering the future of the club through their laughable "strategy"...orange goons and searching children wasn't too clever, either, lest we forget..

Sorry forgot about that lot. And their wonderful PR when so called stakeholders want to protest, flags and signs taken of them and un-numbered police officers causing a near riot, great owners hey.

Sick Boy

If the majority of people on here think the rent is too high, and the club should have access to F&B revenue, then why is there the mass support of ACL against the football club?

Sick Boy

Sorry forgot about that lot. And their wonderful PR when so called stakeholders want to protest, flags and signs taken of them and un-numbered police officers causing a near riot, great owners hey.

I maybe wrong, but seeing as the Ricoh is managed by ACL, then maybe this was an ACL policy?

Grendel

If the majority of people on here think the rent is too high, and the club should have access to F&B revenue, then why is there the mass support of ACL against the football club?

And why aren't we banging in their doors demanding a refund?

Nonleagueherewecome

I maybe wrong, but seeing as the Ricoh is managed by ACL, then maybe this was an ACL policy?

Well I tried to find out who had given the search order the most sense I got out of a goon was "The man said. The man who does the speeches.." :facepalm:

Grendel

I could be wrong but I don't remember him saying that the rent was fair but that we should pay what we agreed under contract to pay. CJ you out there

Bloody hell!!!

Users who are viewing this thread