According to CCFCTV the three names on the short-list are: (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Paul Ince, Mark Robbins & Richard Money

It's just been posted on Twitter.

Otis

1. Robins 2. Money 3. Ince.

That would be my choice in order of preference.

Or

1. Money 2. Robins 3. Ince.

That would be okay too in the grand scheme of things (i.e only 3 to choose from).

Just hope the order doesn't begin with.

1. Ince.

Brighton Sky Blue

Money hasn't managed in the FL for donkey's years, Robins had an unspectacular spell at Barnsley coupled with promotion failures at Rotherham, whilst Ince succeeded at MK Dons and Macclesfield, but failed at Blackburn, Notts Co, and and in his second spell at MK Dons. Quite frankly, Ince doesn't seem like that bad an option compared to these two Otis.

mr_monkey101

Money hasn't managed in the FL for donkey's years, Robins had an unspectacular spell at Barnsley coupled with promotion failures at Rotherham, whilst Ince succeeded at MK Dons and Macclesfield, but failed at Blackburn, Notts Co, and and in his second spell at MK Dons. Quite frankly, Ince doesn't seem like that bad an option compared to these two Otis.

robins only failed to get promotion at rotherham due to the 17 point deduction they had... for my money it has to be robins, and someone said on another thread, it wouldnt hurt to have a former striker as a manager

Brighton Sky Blue

robins only failed to get promotion at rotherham due to the 17 point deduction they had... for my money it has to be robins, and someone said on another thread, it wouldnt hurt to have a former striker as a manager

He also had the best striker in the league at his disposal. His record at Barnsley hardly leaps off the page either.

skyblue1523

mark robins did a good job at both rotherham and barnsley i live in south yorkshire now have done for 18 years i always be a skyblue thoe as for mark robins both these clubs did not want robins to leave and the fans up here all agree that he was a very good manger and would have liked to hold on to him.IF he gets the job (which is what i hope) we will have a good man in charge

Nonleagueherewecome

He also had the best striker in the league at his disposal. His record at Barnsley hardly leaps off the page either.

Managing City is a bit like having a 17 point deduction, so it has to be Robins out of those three for me.

Otis

The plus for Robins it appears is that the fans of his former clubs seem to like him, while we have had very negative comments about Phil Brown, Ince, Money etc. and Wilder too from a number of opposing fans.

Usually if fans like the manager it is a sign of something going right.

Ince has had some success but hasn't stayed with any club for any length of time has been sacked/left 3 times and there are quite a few negative comments out there about him.

Robins for me stand out amongst the other candidates.

Mucca Mad Boys

1 of those failed promotion years was when Robins nearly got Rotherham promoted... When the started with -17 points! Add them to their tally, good chance they would've got promoted. Haven't seen the table for that year tbh.

Oh, and at this level (as people keep banaging on, wrongly, about formations) it is unlikely you're going to hire a manager who hasn't failed elsewhere, in fact, unless you're the elite, it is unlikely, every manager has failed, or will do.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Plus Robins hasn't failed, y'know? He was poached by a bigger club, and he left them on a matter or principle.

J

Jack Griffin

Or

That would be okay too in the grand scheme of things (i.e only 3 to choose from).

1. Ince.

My sentiments exactly.

Hateley's Heed

Or

1. Ince.

'Money' in whatever order would be nice seeing as we don't have any!

cloughie

People are saying on many different threads these are a poor 3/4 shortlist if so many applied

and why isn't wise on the short list

I am sure regarding the restrictions given to the incoming manager many better candidates would have said thanks but no thanks

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe Wise was the one who wanted the weekend to think about it, and after Saturday, rang them back to say "Naaah, you're OK, ta."

Black6Osprey

Its a rubbish short list but all that aside whoever gets the job will still have to work with the same team.

So which one will get the best loan deals?

As non of them will be successful IMO without some good loan additions.

OyJimmy

Based on what Wasall fans have said to me I'd go for Money. He did really well at Walsall with an inherited squad and no money. And if he's going to play Mcsheffrey upfront then fan bloody tastic. The managers we've had have shown how gormless they really are by not playing the best finisher in the team in his natural position.

Users who are viewing this thread