According to CCFCTV the three names on the short-list are: (2 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Based on what Wasall fans have said to me I'd go for Money. He did really well at Walsall with an inherited squad and no money. And if he's going to play Mcsheffrey upfront then fan bloody tastic. The managers we've had have shown how gormless they really are by not playing the best finisher in the team in his natural position.

He may have been a decent striker some 10 years ago but I certainly wouldn't consider him our best finisher now a days! You need to look interested in a game to be able to finish

sylus

all i know its getting pretty borrrrrrring now,just how long does it take to appoint a new manager.whether its money,robins or ince.or shaw.

mattylad

its funny that Robins was the choice of Ranson to superceed Coleman and instead we got Thorn under the weight of fan support .....:laugh:

Sick Boy

its funny that Robins was the choice of Ranson to superceed Coleman and instead we got Thorn under the weight of fan support .....:laugh:

You mean Boothroyd, surely? I wonder where we would be now if we had appointed Robins instead?

@richh87

You mean Boothroyd, surely? I wonder where we would be now if we had appointed Robins instead?

Probably in exactly the same League we're in now - except Robins would have left by now having fallen out with the board; whereas Thorn kept quiet and accepted all the shit - and ultimately the blame from idiots.

We had a threadbare squad of children no matter how you look at it - and would likely have been relegated under most Managers.

covcity4life

Probably in exactly the same League we're in now - except Robins would have left by now having fallen out with the board; whereas Thorn kept quiet and accepted all the shit - and ultimately the blame from idiots.

We had a threadbare squad of children no matter how you look at it - and would likely have been relegated under most Managers.

what a stupid thing to say

we went down on penultimate day,are you really saying a better manager could not have kept us up???

i can think of at least 7 pts thorn cost us last year with tactics or motivation issues, that might have kept us up

wenearly stayed up under thorn,let alone a better manager

PVA

what a stupid thing to say

we went down on penultimate day,are you really saying a better manager could not have kept us up???

i can think of at least 7 pts thorn cost us last year with tactics or motivation issues, that might have kept us up

wenearly stayed up under thorn,let alone a better manager

Do you think Thorn instructed certain players to miss chances, gift the opposition easy goals etc? Obviously not, they just weren't good enough.

@richh87

Do you think Thorn instructed certain players to miss chances, gift the opposition easy goals etc? Obviously not, they just weren't good enough.

Yes, he probably does.

I would argue that Thorn looked at the players at his disposal, and put them in the formation which most suited them - the diamond. Had we kept Marlon king i'm sure we could have made a better fight of it - but SISU let us down there.

covcity4life

no i think he told thm to hold on to 1 nil leads instead of pushing for 2

i think he didnt know how to park the bus in final minutes of stoppage time

you dont understand tactics,stick to motd once a week,about your level.

Grendel

...and yet if we sell or loan them there is outrage as they are appaarantly so good.

Users who are viewing this thread