Aaron Phillips (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
What else has his dad been saying?

oakey

David Phillips is a Sky Blues legend. Time to drop this now. Twitter is like gossip, easily said should be quickly forgotten.
PUSB

RegTheDonk

David Phillips is a Sky Blues legend. Time to drop this now. Twitter is like gossip, easily said should be quickly forgotten.
PUSB

Lets hope so oakey. I'd rather any controversy was stopped and forgotten before something is said someone will regret. Phillips IS a Sky Blues legend and his name will forever be part of City history - but TM is the man who makes the decisions, nobody else. Nobody else's head was on the block if it went tits up.

Gint11

It was the right call in the end and thats what TM is paid to do...manage. He will have had his reasons. Burtons best player by far was their left winger, he was a nuisance, luckily, his final ball let him down more often than not but our back 4 were solid. The OG was a good fizzed cross perfect for anyone to stick a leg out and watch it fly in. Other than that it was solid. I also like the look of AP but he needs to develop his defending. We would have been left open at RB had he played yesterday. Tactical master Mowbray, hat off to you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Asked about his thinking behind drafting Martin into the back four and switching Ricketts across, it’s clear it had more to do with tactics than covering of the indisposed Phillips at full-back.

“I thought that Burton were going to be very narrow and they were,” he explained.
“I felt the people on the ball were going to be the full-backs rather than the central defenders and I think Sam Ricketts has played full-back all his life and it’s just about having that experience to put your foot on the ball, assess the situation in front of you and pick the right pass. It just made more sense to have more experience in areas of the pitch where we needed to serve the ball forward.
“That’s all. Whenever I pick teams I try to have a logic behind it. I’m the guy who watches the opposition for two days a week, watches their last three games and decides how we play and what we’re going to do. So you make those decisions and you can’t keep everyone happy.”

Users who are viewing this thread