Aaron Martin to sign?? (1 Viewer)

@richh87

We've wanted him for ages. Could this be it?

yjety6u4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Monners

We are unlikely to be as free scoring for the rest of the season with the front two missing, so strengthen at the back does seem to make sense. Here's to few 1-0 wins!

junglej13

I would take Martin but I suspect centre backs aren't a priority now we have sign Seaborne especially given our budget.

skybluepm2

I believe we do need another cb, Jordan Clarke certainly doesn't make the grade for me and Webster is no spring chicken. Hopefully Willis will eventually come good as will the young Scottish lad. Seabourne and Martin at cb would instill me with a lot more confidence than Clarke and Webster...although the attack is the glaringly obvious choice for reinforcements at this moment in time, it is becoming desperate!

@richh87

If Christie gets sold in the next few days I see Clarke in his proper position at right back. I think he's really good there.

If that happened we'd just have Webster and Seaborne at CB - with no natural backup.

Hobo

or evan an 18 month deal, as we couldnt match that !

In fairness, I think contracts are given on an individual basis rather than prescriptive.

RoboCCFC90

I could of seen this at the beginning at the season, but I would say it's doubtful now, Jordan Willis has looked fantastic at CB this season and is adequate back up to what we have already.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I wasn't sure on him in his early days with us, but he did improve and Oressley rated him highly.

And with Webster getting on, I would guess that he may hang up his boots at the end of the season so coming here he would have a chance of getting in the team, or atleast he'd get a few games this season (fitness is probably low with not playing) with the intention of being a first choice next season.

mark82

If Christie gets sold in the next few days I see Clarke in his proper position at right back. I think he's really good there.

If that happened we'd just have Webster and Seaborne at CB - with no natural backup.

Appart from Willis of course.

Hobo

Ok, if we are going to keep pulling this line out can you provide a source please.

I think people are referring to Pressley on the radio saying the Dagnall deal stalled on length of contract "obviously Orient offered him 18 months and they have got themselves a very good player."

RoboCCFC90

I think people are referring to Pressley on the radio saying the Dagnall deal stalled on length of contract "obviously Orient offered him 18 months and they have got themselves a very good player."

Pressley only offered a 6-month deal to Dagnall, he wasn't a player that Pressly saw long term at the Club, they chose not to match Orient's offer.

covcity4life

be great if we can get it done

looked good last season and SP is obviously a fan

we did not want dagnall on 18mth contract,does not mean we dont want others though.

figners crossed.

hill83

Pressley only offered a 6-month deal to Dagnall, he wasn't a player that Pressly saw long term at the Club, they chose not to match Orient's offer.

Wrong. ccfcway said we couldn't match it, he's said it a few times so it's true.

Hobo

I know that but some one asked where a reference came from.

I think Pressley liked certain things about Dagnall but didn't see him as a long term solution. I think his judgement is right.

LJC_CCFC

I wasn't sure on him in his early days with us, but he did improve and Oressley rated him highly.

And with Webster getting on, I would guess that he may hang up his boots at the end of the season so coming here he would have a chance of getting in the team, or atleast he'd get a few games this season (fitness is probably low with not playing) with the intention of being a first choice next season.

Webster is 31, he's got a good few years left in him

RoboCCFC90

Do you think we can afford to be choosy, Dagnel at this level is a good signing for Orient, as i fear we will find out the hard way tonight.

There is no doubt short term Dagnall would have been a good player for us, but if Pressley doesn't see Dagnall as a long term player for this Club and someone who won't be first choice then by all means offer within your needs, exactly what the Club did on this occasion.

thaiskyblue

There is no doubt short term Dagnall would have been a good player for us, but if Pressley doesn't see Dagnall as a long term player for this Club and someone who won't be first choice then by all means offer within your needs, exactly what the Club did on this occasion.
Short term he is needed we need to try and get out of this league as quickly as possible he would have been an assett.

LJC_CCFC

Do you think we can afford to be choosy, Dagnel at this level is a good signing for Orient, as i fear we will find out the hard way tonight.

He's not improving as a player now, this is as good as he is. Without that potential he would only work as a squad player who occasionally came off the bench. No point wasting wages on a player you don't really want

RoboCCFC90

Short term he is needed we need to try and get out of this league as quickly as possible he would have been an assett.

I agree we need him short term, but obviously Chris Dagnall is thinking he needs a more sustainable offer than that, 18 months give him enough time to try and rebuild his reputation.

runner

Whilst a good player, not where our priorities surely need to be ... but if we get him, I'd be happy with that !

ccfctommy

I've only seen Willis play at right back so can't judge him yet.

I would of course be seeing him every other Saturday if we were playing at the Ricoh ⚽️

Willis did really well in the games he has played at CB, bit suprised that Seabourne came in and went straight into the starting 11.

Users who are viewing this thread