A Way To Protest As A United Front. (3 Viewers)

Hobo

So your protest is because you believe they weren't happy before, even though they are ok about it now. I hope you enjoy the game.

No, I don't think they are happy about it now at all. I am not happy at how much tax I have to pay, or the price of petrol or the road tax system. But there is only so much I can do about it. The fact I still pay for these things doesn't mean I am now happy about it.

i hope I will enjoy lots of games this season following CCFC and CRFC and for many years to come.

Hobo

I'm getting messages from people wanting a protest at the Ricoh for the first Wasps game - anti franchising, anti council, anti sisu, pretty much anti everything!

I always got the impression most people were anti protest in this country. :confused:

Rusty Trombone

No, I don't think they are happy about it now at all. I am not happy at how much tax I have to pay, or the price of petrol or the road tax system. But there is only so much I can do about it. The fact I still pay for these things doesn't mean I am now happy about it.

i hope I will enjoy lots of games this season following CCFC and CRFC and for many years to come.

So as a Cov RFC fan what affect will it have on the club, I think it will be good for the club if Wasps let them borrow players as has been suggested. I think it will ignite more interest in watching rugby, and as Cov is cheaper, and is our real club, more people will attend.

Hobo

So as a Cov RFC fan what affect will it have on the club, I think it will be good for the club if Wasps let them borrow players as has been suggested. I think it will ignite more interest in watching rugby, and as Cov is cheaper, and is our real club, more people will attend.

They could borrow players as suggested and that may be a short term benefit. Wasps will eventually start draining any talent from the area. It may ignite interest in rugby in the area, but how much that will boost Coventry's attendances? I think their fan base will be pretty static for now because of tradition. But if the Wasps move is a success I can see the next generation supporting wasps rather than Coventry. I also think it could be detrimental to Coventry getting future sponsorship with Wasps in town.

From my own perspective, I used to occasionally attend Coundon Road. The last couple of seasons I have started occasionally to go to the Butts. I have really enjoyed going to the Butts, pleasant surroundings, pleasant atmosphere and seen some good rugby and a sense the club is possibly moving in the right direction. I have probably felt I have had better value for money than following football. But the reality is I enjoy both and always followed both Coventry teams.

Who knows how Coventry Rugby will come out of this, a lot of these things can be argued both ways, only time will tell I guess.

italiahorse

I'm getting messages from people wanting a protest at the Ricoh for the first Wasps game - anti franchising, anti council, anti sisu, pretty much anti everything!

We need to move on.
Next action should be to pursue every avenue to get Sisu/CCFC to obtain the Higgs share (If really available?).

Ashdown

What a load of rubbish. As I've said before given the choice of paying to watch Wasps in the Premiership or Wasps reserves in division 3 what do you think people will choose !?

Rusty Trombone

What a load of rubbish. As I've said before given the choice of paying to watch Wasps in the Premiership or Wasps reserves in division 3 what do you think people will choose !?

Time will tell if it's rubbish or not, 24 hours is slightly premature. If they are called Cov, will it matter where the players have come from, does anyone care where the players come from now. Do you refuse to watch City if there's a certain number of loan players? People can choose to watch Cov and Wasps if they want, different options for different markets.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Could I just make another mention for the Rugby Lions too, if anyone is thinking about taking in at least one game of egg-chasing when they're unable to take in a City game?

At least Coventry Rugby Club are in the third tier; whereas the Lions - who were subjected to off-the-field jokerism beyond anything you could ever imagine - went to the wall and have had to start in what is - effectively - the 10th tier of rugby. After reforming; promoted and with a Twickenham visit last season, and looking odds-on for promotion again, but it'll be a long and winding road. Any sports fan has to look at what's gone on there in seasons past and have some great sympathy for a 140 year old local club

wingy

Time will tell if it's rubbish or not, 24 hours is slightly premature. If they are called Cov, will it matter where the players have come from, does anyone care where the players come from now. Do you refuse to watch City if there's a certain number of loan players? People can choose to watch Cov and Wasps if they want, different options for different markets.

And on different Days /Weekends i assume .

Rusty Trombone

And on different Days /Weekends i assume .

Cov Rugby and CCFC often play at the same time, but Wasps have said they won't play on the same day as Cov or CCFC. It's a shame for Hills as I think he was planning a huge session going from one game to another.

Hobo

Cov Rugby and CCFC often play at the same time, but Wasps have said they won't play on the same day as Cov or CCFC. It's a shame for Hills as I think he was planning a huge session going from one game to another.

He will be happy his session can last several days now

Users who are viewing this thread