A Way To Protest As A United Front. (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I know it has been hard to find a united front and I am sure this will have its detractors. SISU, ACL. CCC and now Wasps Owners seem to be the villains.

A week on Saturday Coventry rugby are at home to Richmond one of the top sides in tier 3 Rugby. A game Coventry RFC should be competitive in and possibly push into the top four of the table.

Wouldnt it be great to pack out the Butts to show support for a side that Represents Coventry.

Also Coventry RFC seem to be the losers in this deal and a bit of a financial boost I am sure would be welcome. If you are against teams being moved away from their sporting base this might appeal to you.

I know some will not miss an opportunity to support CCFC, and I respect that. I am not going to bang on about it, posted for people's consideration only.

Otis

Best to pick a game when City are away. That would be the time for us all to go to Cov and back them I would have thought.

hill83

Used to get more at Coundon Road then Highfield road back in the day.......
I remember crowds of over 20,000 there in the old div 1

I was just laughing at 'Butt' and 'packing one out'

I'd be we'll up for going though. Make an all dayer out of it and tackle Earlsdon after.

Ashdown

I know it has been hard to find a united front and I am sure this will have its detractors. SISU, ACL. CCC and now Wasps Owners seem to be the villains.

A week on Saturday Coventry rugby are at home to Richmond one of the top sides in tier 3 Rugby. A game Coventry RFC should be competitive in and possibly push into the top four of the table.

Wouldnt it be great to pack out the Butts to show support for a side that Represents Coventry.

Also Coventry RFC seem to be the losers in this deal and a bit of a financial boost I am sure would be welcome. If you are against teams being moved away from their sporting base this might appeal to you.

I know some will not miss an opportunity to support CCFC, and I respect that. I am not going to bang on about it, posted for people's consideration only.

Great post, fully in support of this, Coventrians need to get out and support Coventry sides. That lack of support and consequent financial weakness has put all our sides at risk of actions like we are seeing. Kin 'ell I know Hill83 hates rugby { and Speedway } but he likes a good beer and the pubs round the BPA are great for a Saturday pub crawl !

Limey

Getting back to 20k attendances at the Ricoh will also be a reminder to all who the biggest sporting interest in the City is. If anything I am more determined to go now. Our gates need to consistently trump our franchise rugger team.

hill83

Great post, fully in support of this, Coventrians need to get out and support Coventry sides. That lack of support and consequent financial weakness has put all our sides at risk of actions like we are seeing. Kin 'ell I know Hill83 hates rugby { and Speedway } but he likes a good beer and the pubs round the BPA are great for a Saturday pub crawl !

You'll be shocked or pleased to know that I'm planning on going to the speedway with my mate on Monday too.

Hobo

You'll be shocked or pleased to know that I'm planning on going to the speedway with my mate on Monday too.

good on you...hope it is a good meeting and you all enjoy it.

letsallsingtogether

OK and yes it does make a good all dayer start in the Club 2.50 a pint or even buy one of those 2 pinters they have and a pie still cheaper then 1 bottle at the Ricoh. and if you haven't finished your drink before kick off just take it with you.

And who said Rugger wasn't civilised????
I was just laughing at 'Butt' and 'packing one out'

I'd be we'll up for going though. Make an all dayer out of it and tackle Earlsdon after.

italiahorse

OK and yes it does make a good all dayer start in the Club 2.50 a pint or even buy one of those 2 pinters they have and a pie still cheaper then 1 bottle at the Ricoh. and if you haven't finished your drink before kick off just take it with you.

And who said Rugger wasn't civilised????

Can you drink in your seats at all Rugger matches then ?

RoboCCFC90

I am well up for this idea, I was going to post the same thing!

RoboCCFC90

The ideal game to do it would be against Flyde at the Butts, the date is the 6th December! At the moment City have no fixture that Saturday, likely to be reserved for FA Cup

hill83

cookie-monster-cookies-surprise.gif

Ashdown

Their words in some quarters were the reaction of a club shocked and surprised at their lack of involvement in any of this by a piss poor council. No consultation, nothing, just dropped on them more by Wasps than anyone else. I've read other stuff that suggests a bit more disgruntlement.

Rusty Trombone

Their words in some quarters were the reaction of a club shocked and surprised at their lack of involvement in any of this by a piss poor council. No consultation, nothing, just dropped on them more by Wasps than anyone else. I've read other stuff that suggests a bit more disgruntlement.

Disgruntled is still fairly low down on the outrage scale isn't it? Slightly above a bit miffed.

Hobo

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Better to go with what you think rather than their actual words.

You obviously missed people talking about how their chairman addressed their own fans prior to a home game when the news really got in the media. They are not happy. But now they are here it makes sense to try and work out how they can perhaps work together rather than create an enemy. Anyway the protest is for disgruntled citizens of Coventry who can stick some fingers up at Ann Lucas and Wasps and support a real Coventry team at the same time.

skybluesam66

drinking at the rugby . when i told my wasps supporting friend that he would be charged £4.50 for a half pint bottle of warm lager at the ricoh - £9 a pint - it stopped sounding so attractive to him

he started bleating on about buying ACL - and thought they could set their own prices, but had not even heard of compass

Was odd to hear somebody else all of a sudden having knowledge of ACL however

Rusty Trombone

You obviously missed people talking about how their chairman addressed their own fans prior to a home game when the news really got in the media. They are not happy. But now they are here it makes sense to try and work out how they can perhaps work together rather than create an enemy. Anyway the protest is for disgruntled citizens of Coventry who can stick some fingers up at Ann Lucas and Wasps and support a real Coventry team at the same time.

So your protest is because you believe they weren't happy before, even though they are ok about it now. I hope you enjoy the game.

Rusty Trombone

drinking at the rugby . when i told my wasps supporting friend that he would be charged £4.50 for a half pint bottle of warm lager at the ricoh - £9 a pint - it stopped sounding so attractive to him

he started bleating on about buying ACL - and thought they could set their own prices, but had not even heard of compass

Was odd to hear somebody else all of a sudden having knowledge of ACL however

Explain the Compass deal.

MichaelCCFC

I'm getting messages from people wanting a protest at the Ricoh for the first Wasps game - anti franchising, anti council, anti sisu, pretty much anti everything!

Users who are viewing this thread