A simply poll question re: Andy Thorn (2 Viewers)

IF we lose Saturday against Barnsley should Thorn go?

• YES

Votes: 75 52.1%
  • NO

Votes: 69 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

covcity4life

if we hadnt changed so many managers perhaps we would be in league one right now

we need to risk it for a honey moon perioid if you ask me

Otis

Unfortunately .... and it is unfortunately, I agree.

We have to do whatever it takes to stay up, even if that just means only a honeymoon period of results to ensure our safety and nothing after.

Paxman II

You are right that sacking managers too often can be a negative.

Can I just remind you all however that the managers CCFC have sacked in recent years have all been disastrous appointments? I don't believe keeping any of them would have eased our cause and sacking them (regardless of how regular that seemed) was in fact the correct decision.

During those periods we had a football man at the helm at least in Ray Ranson. Now we are rudderless and the 'owners' can't make a decision when faced with one can they? Even when it's bloody obvious to everyone else!

Heck they can't even make a decision to sell and get out of dodge when that's an obvious one too! Go figure.

Paxman II

Good point. Law of averages perhaps?

David Moyes is a good example. Nothing come from there yet has there? Everyone bulls him up but has he won anything or got close yet?

Fergie on the other hand has had great success in his very long spell but lets be realistic.....what manager would not with those resources and support?

I KNEW he weren't the right man end of September after Ipswich and if we had done something then it could have been a different story Instead hes still here and were still relegation fodder.

Take a look at what i said back then - http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/11565-Anyone-else-losing-confidence-in-Thorn

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/11781-My-mate-went-today-and-he-said-the-following

5 months on and were saying the same after Forest...

Some posters on here need to admit Thorn is not good enough.

Grendel

Ok I'll admit it.

@richh87

The silly thing is if he keeps us up we all pretty much unanimously agree it'll be a great achievement considering SISU have sold our best players and left us only with kids who shouldn't be playing at this level.

I expected relegation at the start of the season and if we stay up then Thorn deserves a frigging medal.

Grendel

I expected relegation at the start of the season and if we stay up then Thorn deserves a frigging medal.

Haven't I read this before somewhere? Can't think where.

Grendel

The silly thing is if he keeps us up we all pretty much unanimously agree it'll be a great achievement considering SISU have sold our best players and left us only with kids who shouldn't be playing at this level.

You seem to have this new found obsession with youth players (under 20 I assume). Have a look at some of the other squads in the league and some of the players that are playing under that age -- you will be surprised though no doubt there will be some other repost back along the lines of "who cares about facts F Off SISU"

ready_96

keep him to the end of the season, as nobody can save us with the players we have in our squad! Sack him when we get relagated, but put him back as head scout because at the end of the day thats all he is! Hope fully we can get sisu out at the same time get hoffman in, new players and start again fresh! we need a new start as the clubs been rotting away in the championship for so many years.

Paxman II

"keep him to the end of the season, as nobody can save us with the players we have in our squad!"

Don't accept that Mr Ready....not one bit!

ready_96

pasts seasons it was about 50 points needed to stay up, we're currently on 25 which took us 32 games to reach....we need another 25 points from 14 games :'( no chance!

Otis

Think it will be less than 50 this season, but still be around 44-46 pts. Still a huge ask.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It seems to me that the support for AT has weakened considerably - end of the day the manager is judged on the results he achieves. Although very valid the reasons/excuses he has are not the bottom line for many fans. Results are.

Nonleagueherewecome

It seems to me that the support for AT has weakened considerably - end of the day the manager is judged on the results he achieves. Although very valid the reasons/excuses he has are not the bottom line for many fans. Results are.

Interestingly, Eakin could say from August until about October "Obviously, very few people are blaming the manager, his hands are tied". Now most people are blaming the manager, yet nothing has changed regarding the resources available to him. Indeed, we've sold our top-goalscorer.

It's nice to see that there's been a 2% swing towards AT since I last came on here, though. I love the way the people who want him fired talk as if the ones who want him to stay are just a couple of people: 60/40 is a reasonably even split!

I think the proviso of 'if we lose to Barnsley' is relevant. It is not a 'Thorn Stays / Thorn Goes' argument so much as it is a 'look, we used to spank Barnsley every season, if we lose to them again can we change whatever we can... the Board? No, well at least the manager. And I'm swapping seats too, my mates are dicks'. Something like that.

Otis

Interestingly, Eakin could say from August until about October "Obviously, very few people are blaming the manager, his hands are tied". Now most people are blaming the manager, yet nothing has changed regarding the resources available to him. Indeed, we've sold our top-goalscorer.

It's nice to see that there's been a 2% swing towards AT since I last came on here, though. I love the way the people who want him fired talk as if the ones who want him to stay are just a couple of people: 60/40 is a reasonably even split!

And you believe that poll? I, like many others I'm sure, didn't even bother to vote. I wouldn't pay any heed to that one way or another. I didn't vote because I thought it was pointless and I'm sure many others felt the same.

dongonzalos

58 - 42 Very inetersting it was 70-30 against Thorn when I first looked at this. I was quite shocked and began question my own view (a very tiny bit) Then realised I always I am right ;), Now it is good to see it is a bit more balanced. To have a club in the bottom three and having been on the run we have been on to have the fans still chanting the managers name and polls like this been close says a lot. It would be the norm for the majority of fans to be demanding the managers head by now. SISU really are shocking

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Was very careful not to make wild claims based on this poll NLHWC. Many people didnt vote including me. However polls conducted on other CCFC fan sites were showing 90% approval back in October (i think) and as a snap shot this poll indicates that approval rating has greatly reduced since then. Hard to disagree with that surely. Not rocket science really judging by the number of AT comments on this forum.

You can make statistics say a lot of things afterall and you dont always have to be the majority to get what you want - look at general elections

Not sure nothing has changed - there is a greater sense of urgency in the fans at least about our predicament. There is also a greater sense of despondency and being resigned to our fate. Many more die hard fans have got that "past caring" feeling in my opinion.

Most people here dont blame just AT, most blame everything in the current enterprise called CCFC but the degrees of apportioning that blame are personal to each fan. You are very firmly in the AT in camp that I respect and would not question - you argue your corner as is your right and you do it well. Others take the direct opposite position and argue equally as well. I have no time what so ever for those that name call, bitch and harangue others for having a different view point, I have no time for the personal comments against AT either. I think however the overwhelming majority are in the middle, neither pro nor anti AT but they are right to question AT if they choose to. Thing is we are not forgetting about SISU and switching it all to AT. I dont think many if any are doing that (switching the blame) and i seem to remember months of anti SISU rhetoric, often hysterical and inaccurate (it still goes on at times). In much the same way people are getting tired of the AT debate then they got tired of the SISU debate also - we changed nothing and only proved our own frustration and lack of influence

No one has forgotten SISU's part in this (but like AT it isnt all their fault) but right now CCFC needs a leader a hero to gets us through and I dont see one - do you ?

Last edited:

Paxman II

Lets see the poll after tomorrow.........results matter. Can't see anything wrong in voting in it. The question is simple.

Otis

He won't be sacked.

Could you have not put, 'should Thorn be sacked or stand down?'

I just wonder what would happen if he went to Sisu and asked if he could step down and go back to his old role as scout?

Paxman II

The 'go' Otis is deliberate.
He can walk on his own volition, he could be sacked, replaced and moved back to scout. The fact is, should we lose tomorrow should he go?
Simple yes or no. You either will still want him in charge or you don't? How he goes is not the question.

Grendel

Well it's not unanimous, I want him to stay until the end of the season at the very least, whatever happens.

It was 100% when I said it hence the comment. I'm surprised you're not onto the samaratans after you commented the other day that anti thorn posters should go onto another forum.

ICHAN

Personally I could not give a shit about AT (not as a person but as manager) the quicker he goes the better, all I care about is CCFC surviving in this division this year.

How can those not wanting AT out not see that it can get no worse by changing manager, what is there to lose?

People say we need stability and I agree but a manager not a scout, and someone said about stability on this thread, ok stability is what we want. but why could that stability have not been done with Dowie,Coleman or AB why want it now with a scout playing at being a manager.

The only reason's I can fathom out as to why he is still in charge is:

Sisu are so disconnected from the club they have ran out of ideas.
They are keeping AT in charge because their is no mass calls for his head so by keeping him they are not upsetting the fans even more.
They are going to be off at end of the season one way or another, think/hope myself that they are selling up and getting what they want no matter what division we are in, and so AT is staying and the new owners will get their own manager in to take the task on.

Grendel

This is right. As I say we are sleepwalking to oblivion by persisting with a boy scout at the helm.

ICHAN

Quickly going from sleepwalk to coma though Duffy that's the problem, and some appear to be happy with this, I just can not get my head around why.

Last edited:

wingy

Thers one common denominator in those sackings Ichan ,Ranson ,a football man,we've been short of those since he went ,we now operate under business men with business modus operandi ,so maybe thats why he's here and will be ,he suits the business plan ,not the football plan ,business people keep calm ,don't panic,football people,kneejerk.

Grendel

Thers one common denominator in those sackings Ichan ,Ranson ,a football man,we've been short of those since he went ,we now operate under business men with business modus operandi ,so maybe thats why he's here and will be ,he suits the business plan ,not the football plan ,business people keep calm ,don't panic,football people,kneejerk.

Ranson a football man? He is exactly why we are here.

ICHAN

I fully understand what your saying wingy, but I wish they could share some of the plan so I could understand what the reasoning behind keeping him on as manager is, and what they hope to achieve by doing so.
You could say stability, but the revenue they will lose by relegation is it really worth it this time.

Users who are viewing this thread