A simply poll question re: Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

IF we lose Saturday against Barnsley should Thorn go?

• YES

Votes: 75 52.1%
  • NO

Votes: 69 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wingy

exactly my point, never convinced me ,uncommunative,poor appointments ,should have tried to work with dowie for that half season ,Coleman ,puppet appointment ,Boothroyd ,rug pulled around Christmas ,ugly sterile winning football to that point,Turner out ,King in two month saga.that run up to christmas like no other in this division scowl at the pitch ,smile at the table,Top to bottom in 2.5months ,the rest is history.

ICHAN

This was RR's doing wingy, as he was the one sisu trusted compleatly with the football matters.
So no way if the takeover takes place should he come back as I fear history would just repeat itself.
If we are takenover I would like to see only fresh faces involved with the footballing side of club with fresh ideas on how to take the club forward, and more done to bring the club back to the fans and the community of coventry and more done as well in the surronding areas.

wingy

I fully understand what your saying wingy, but I wish they could share some of the plan so I could understand what the reasoning behind keeping him on as manager is, and what they hope to achieve by doing so.
You could say stability, but the revenue they will lose by relegation is it really worth it this time.
I don't get it either Ichan ,i read all the jargon that if they do this and that ,and that ,they can get this or that and that.so league one breaking even or making profit makes us more attractive to buy,i'll have to try and read the faq's again.what level of profit ,to what sale ratio,does'nt sound like a recipe for a football orientated investor to me .so more of the same ,hell they should just hang on to it like they've said they would.So if they do sell ,won't be a large fee ,but the interest on their loans would surely scupper decent investment to progress back up the leagues. Ithink they're here for a while,like your post the other day ,you'd almost think their plan has been for league one ,it makes some bizzarre business sense ,nothing to do with football,or fans,you know my mantra :blue:

ICHAN

It's never been about football fans or coventry wingy and thats the sad thing.
Planning for division 1 may have been conspiracy theoried but why buy league 1 standard players and gear up for league 1 football regarding the complete set up of the whole playing side (from management down) if that is not some weird plan of their's?
They know that it would have cost millions to go for promotion this year, no way was that ever going to happen we all know that.
So what's the solution?to cut costs, cheaper players, cheaper wages, cheaper manager, nearly the same amount of fans will go up, they know this because of the nature of the loyalty football fans have for their club, and if there is any resemblance of any kind of success happening in league 1 they know the fans will come back to the club.

Users who are viewing this thread