a rumour from a "source" (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

Then I would suggest should individual players wages ever be announced in public please prepare to be amazed. No sarcasm intended but do you really expect anyone on here to have actual documentary evidence? If we relied on just that it would be very quiet on here - its a forum not a court of law.

rob9872

Over-ruled. May I refer the honourable gentleman to the post at the top of the page.

J

Jack Griffin

They need to bring in the next Richard Keogh in the summer and a few other gems who will be relatively cheap and develop.
I wouldn't really expect Thomas & Christie to remain all of next season, unless we are right at the top of Lge One, Clarke too if he gets back to his old form.

The academy conveyer belt will have to spit out a couple of replacements.

CUS Wyken

They need to bring in the next Richard Keogh in the summer and a few other gems who will be relatively cheap and develop.
I wouldn't really expect Thomas & Christie to remain all of next season, unless we are right at the top of Lge One, Clarke too if he gets back to his old form.

The academy conveyer belt will have to spit out a couple of replacements.

This is why Thorn should go back to his scouting duties and find some gems.

He is a much better scout then manager.

tisza

But most of the "gems" Thorn found actually cost us a fair bit in transfer fees to get in - regardless of the fees received when those players moved on.
SISU won't fork out money so very difficult to find new "gems"!
How many of our recent "unknown" players who came on free transfers have amounted to anything?
As for SISU I still don't see what value a league 1 club (that breaks even but still owes the owners 24- 25 million) is worth.
The main reason for player sales, apart from the income drop, will still be to cover short-term debts to other creditors.
Besides we're not to raise too much from player sales as as soon as we are relegated their value is going to drop anyway and they'll be picked off by other Championship clubs who can't afford fees but wil pay better wages.

kingharvest

Then I would suggest should individual players wages ever be announced in public please prepare to be amazed. No sarcasm intended but do you really expect anyone on here to have actual documentary evidence? If we relied on just that it would be very quiet on here - its a forum not a court of law.

sorry Jan, you misunderstand. i wasn't having a dig at you or anything or asking for proof. Just saying if he is on £6.5k i'll be amazed. I just wondered if you knew his salary, seeing as sometimes these things do get out.

As for the transfer fees, surely you go out with a budget and try to buy at that level.

I'd like to know how we've compared to other clubs in the championship in terms of selling on players at a significant profit (and i'd want to count the likes of West wood, Gunnarsson and Turner in that as well, i know we didn't make any money out of them but that was down to mismanagement - it doesn't reflect Thorns ability to spot a player)

torchomatic

If. That's the magic word, I think.

God help us if this is true and Sisu are still in charge next season and won't sell.

This would all point to relegation this season followed by a relegation dogfight next year in League One.

Tankie

4_11_12.gif
"Yes" Bad news if its true,Illustrates my view that they {SISU} aren't hurting, as bad as they would have us believe, and are setting their stall out for life in Div 1, or the old third division if the truths told, instead of doing a deal which would get them out of there, of cause it may well be that the Hoffman bid ,falls seriously short of what our low lying owners aspire to, and that they are prepared to see the club perish rather than lose face in this hard bitten financial world that we all live in.
It all gone quiet on the Hoffman front lately, and "maybe just maybe" Sisu are trying to big the deal up by making out they are not bothered about selling.
But on the other hand they aren't Bothered about making a success of football club ownership either, and the thought of them being our owners next year is real concern, and for the life of me I cant understand WHY they are here at all.
AS this standoff between Sisu and Hoffman remains "just that" my big fear is that our suitors, may tire, and get fed up with this never ending saga, and just walk away.
Life in the 1st division with new owners, looking to take us back up, is one thing.
And a far cry from Sisu's complete indifference to the health of the club, and the needs of the fans.
I hope this is one rumour that is just that..
Tankie

torchomatic

ashbyjan

KH - astonishingly I am lead to believe the Bell salary is accurate I'm afraid. Just for info I am also told that Westwood's salary went up 10 fold to around 30k a week on his move to Sunderland and Jukes nearly 3 fold to 20k at boro.

Sub

KH - astonishingly I am lead to believe the Bell salary is accurate I'm afraid. Just for info I am also told that Westwood's salary went up 10 fold to around 30k a week on his move to Sunderland and Jukes nearly 3 fold to 20k at boro.

for that money can you blame them for moving ?? also we have a bunch of clowns that run and own us and could not manage a piss up in brewery:jerkit::jerkit:

@richh87

I can't stand the thought of SISU being here next season, really can't.

If they remain then me and the 3 I go with will have a serious chat about jacking it in after 17 years of season tickets.

SISU don't deserve a penny of our cash and relegation followed by the opening poster's scenario really would be rock bottom. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Paxman II

I think as always there's more being made of a 'rumour' than is there. getting with the manager and sorting out squads ahead of time should we be relegated is prudent and nothing more than that.

As for Hoffman and SISU not selling? Think that's totally made up. IF Hoffman IS still seriously in the market to take this on then SISU will be listening. IF Hoffman refuses to 'co-invest' with SISU I fear that he will walk away.
Can Hoffman persuade SISU to sell outright and go? How far is Hoffman prepared to go?

There's no 'biging' up the deal going on! Not in these circumstances. It is what it is. Both sides know that.

I suspect that SISU are determined to get the financials under control and are doing that tbh. The new rules will hurt a lot of clubs and City will be in a better place come next season all be it in league one maybe.
Hoffman would have to make any deal a little sweeter for SISU and show them the money not just hang everything on promissory notes and the like with a pittance down payment.

I said it way back on another thread: Hoffman "show me the money"

How long does it take to get a deal in place 'in principal'? remember Hoffman would be restricted by those new rules in the same way. It won't be easy and unless he gets his deal soon he may walk away.
I do think SISU will hang in and get finances in shape if they have to. Sad because currently they must be the most reviled owners on the planet! They know fans will go to the Ricoh regardless of who owns the club. Probable and sadly only 10% care about who owns it....it's called unconditional support. We all do it and will continue to do it - won't we?

Sub

I do think SISU will hang in and get finances in shape if they have to. Sad because currently they must be the most reviled owners on the planet! They know fans will go to the Ricoh regardless of who owns the club. Probable and sadly only 10% care about who owns it....it's called unconditional support. We all do it and will continue to do it - won't we?

Thing is though the fans are not going to the RICOH, we are down to the few hardcore fans now and some of them are thinking about jacking it in :(:(:(:(

Paxman II

...i don't call 10/12/15000 fans a few hardcore?

It's a fact even in league 1 we will get gates of 10k or so. have a good season chasing promotion and that could be more than we average now!

Think outside the box peoples. If you were Hoffman just how would you look at it? Think of it as a business with huge potential for getting it right....

Sub

how many are season ticket holders and how many are away fans ? is it 9 k season tick holders ? how many walk up fans have we lost when we were getting 15-19k last season?

mememe

...i don't call 10/12/15000 fans a few hardcore?

It's a fact even in league 1 we will get gates of 10k or so. have a good season chasing promotion and that could be more than we average now!

Think outside the box peoples. If you were Hoffman just how would you look at it? Think of it as a business with huge potential for getting it right....

have you seen the league 1 teams... bigger clubs than ours there. chasing promotion ..yourjoking, more like 7 thousand fans and a beating week in week out ... we are finished unless these idiots sisu get out of our club

Senior Vick from Alicante

FYI, I have it on excellent authority that GH met with some of SISU's top brass last week, apparantly they were whom Tim Fisher reports to. This comes from a contact within the club and was confirmed by one who works for someone closely conected to the club and no I am not naming names. SISU are probably considering a contingency plan in case they cant reach a deal with Hoffman, the news that they are still talking about the potential sale has got to be good for us all. I was told the problems in the negotitions are down to the complex way the club has been set up, what ever that means I suppose its all do with on off balance sheets and all that. PUSB

rob9872

Two more likely off those next seasons figures too. How many more are feeling the same?

Tbh I'm not bothered about League one (although of course prefer if we didn't) but my long suffering father has decided not to renew next year if we go down and SISU remain in charge. Its understandable. Despite having sky blue blood running through his veins, such abject performances and lack of entertainment coupled with lack of investment, no atmosphere and giving up valuable time then we need a reason to go. I think if it wasn't for the season ticket there are games we wouldn't have bothered with this year.

I've been going regularly for 30 years and him for considerably longer. If he jacks it in, then increased costs for parking and fuel apart from going up on my own, will mean I may find something else to do too. I would be amazed if we were teh only ones feeling this way, so that hardcore could be significantly lower than we imagine.

ashbyjan

All the people who keep going on about not being at the Ricoh next season if SISU are in charge etc - what are you going to do if Hoffman cannot put a deal together, let alone one that is acceptable to SISU? Don't see too many alternatives if he fails? Personally I want SISU out and, if he offers something better, Hoffman in but if he fails then I for one won't be turning my back on the club however much I dislike the way the owners are running things. Its OUR club and one day we will be rid of these people but until then I cannot abandon my club.

rob9872

All the people who keep going on about not being at the Ricoh next season if SISU are in charge etc - what are you going to do if Hoffman cannot put a deal together, let alone one that is acceptable to SISU? Don't see too many alternatives if he fails? Personally I want SISU out and, if he offers something better, Hoffman in but if he fails then I for one won't be turning my back on the club however much I dislike the way the owners are running things. Its OUR club and one day we will be rid of these people but until then I cannot abandon my club.

SISU are just the straw that will break the camels back. I've listed other reasons above. Supporting the team is no longer enough of a reason to entice some of us up who feel that we are going more out of a sense of duty these days. Fed up with nothing to play for but parenial struggle.

I don't see my self as any less of a fan if I dont attend next year in the same way I don't chastise people for not going up now (apart from glen of course). I think I have enough credits in the bank to allow my opinions to still be valid and I need some fresh air breathing into the place before I commit to another season of misery and abject failure.

I may even find that I don't miss it and Saturday afternoons with my wife and daughter are a more valuable way of spending my limited free time or I may find after a few months off that its unbearable and I'm itching to return, but I certainly don't view it as turning my back on a club who I think have invested so much in terms of time, money and emotional commitment for such a limited return.

The question imo that should be being asked is not "why are you leaving?" but one of "what can we do to keep you?"

ashbyjan

Rob - what you have said is the real worry for me in the way the club is run - for thousands of us going to the footy on a Saturday is a way of life but as soon as you stop going you fill your time and the danger will never go back, nor will you bring your kids etc and generations will be lost. I agree wholeheartedly that the club needs to be doing masses more to entice people to games and obviously a good team is the basis of that but there is so much more they could be doing but aren't. The club is at a real crossroads and we will either dwindle away to become just an average 3rd division side like Preston or Orient or will rebuild and become a team fit for one of the largest City's in the country. We need a man (or woman) with vision and charisma - a new Jimmy Hill but that certainly isn't SISU and I don't really think its Hoff and Elliott either. It will take an act of faith from fans in many ways but I fully appreciate why many are fed up - my girlfriend asked me the other day why I bother going and it was hard to give her a rational explanation.

Bloodnut1964

Rob - what you have said is the real worry for me in the way the club is run - for thousands of us going to the footy on a Saturday is a way of life but as soon as you stop going you fill your time and the danger will never go back, nor will you bring your kids etc and generations will be lost. I agree wholeheartedly that the club needs to be doing masses more to entice people to games and obviously a good team is the basis of that but there is so much more they could be doing but aren't. The club is at a real crossroads and we will either dwindle away to become just an average 3rd division side like Preston or Orient or will rebuild and become a team fit for one of the largest City's in the country. We need a man (or woman) with vision and charisma - a new Jimmy Hill but that certainly isn't SISU and I don't really think its Hoff and Elliott either. It will take an act of faith from fans in many ways but I fully appreciate why many are fed up - my girlfriend asked me the other day why I bother going and it was hard to give her a rational explanation.

Why was it hard to give a reason?
My response would have been "Co's I'm Cov City thru and thru and I love them" Most women don't understand the love of football anyway so that would of done I think.

ashbyjan

I did say rational - sadly love for a failing football club isn't rational - bit like her obsession with shoes and handbags but apparently those are more essential to life than food or oxygen and I just don't understand.

Bloodnut1964

I did say rational - sadly love for a failing football club isn't rational - bit like her obsession with shoes and handbags but apparently those are more essential to life than food or oxygen and I just don't understand.

Saddest excuse I ever heard lol STAND UP TO HER AND BE A MAN FOR GODS SAKE!!

Godiva

my girlfriend asked me the other day why I bother going and it was hard to give her a rational explanation.

She's a girl ... she wouldn't understand (or respect) a rational explanation.

Tell her you get exactly the same kick out of going with mates to cov matches as she does going shopping with friends.

Sometimes she buys stuff and are excited, sometimes she just browse and she comes home not too happy.
Sometimes ccfc wins and you are excited, sometimes ccfc lose and you come home not too happy.

ashbyjan

Didn't say she was stopping me - just she didn't understand. Browse! Browse! Jesus I wish she'd just browse........

Skybluestu

I've been told at work by a guy who is friends with ken deluded that the meeting was to tell AT that 7 more players are to go. He also said that the takeover was nowhere near being done. So this thread is indeed very accurate. Not good news at all

wingy

This is how i heard it ,what worries me the most is that its being relayed from both sides of the camp,unofficially of course ,what is the objective of either ,to do this now ,as the fight goes on ,can only demoralise the squad +manager further.migth they be trying to get him to resign ,is he trying to garner support / sympathy from us fans .

Users who are viewing this thread