A Royal Baby (2 Viewers)

dutchman

Police drop investigation into Danny Baker's allegedly racist royal baby tweet

Police have dropped an investigation into broadcaster Danny Baker over an allegedly racist tweet about the royal baby.

Baker was sacked from BBC Radio 5 Live for tweeting about the Duke and Duchess Of Sussex's son featuring a picture of a chimpanzee.

His tweet came on the day Harry and Meghan, who is African-American, welcomed their first child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

Scotland Yard said the force had received an allegation in relation to a tweet posted on May 8 but confirmed on Wednesday it would take no further action.

A statement said: "An allegation was received by the Metropolitan Police Service on Thursday 9 May in relation to a tweet published on 8 May.

"Having reviewed the comments made, we do not consider that a criminal threshold has been met and as such we will be taking no further action."

ITV News apparently feeling the need to point out that Merkle is so-called "mixed race" thus drawing comparison with the chimpanzee.

SkyblueBazza

The kind of thing I mean is...
Chris Hughton: Kick It Out apologises to Brighton - Chris Hughton: Kick It Out apologises to Brighton

Some become so obsessed that everyone else is racist that they see racism in everything everyone else does or says outside of their own tight knit trusted circle. Racism being the currnet theme...but it extends to all "ism"s really.

It's like we are all walking on a cliff-edge between acceptable & not...living in fear even!

Despite that I sat on a 2.5hr train journey yesterday with a Nigerian chap, who (me being me) got intp conversation about loads of things like footy (Manure fan), Bet365 activity in Nigeria, life in Nigeria, Nigerian culture (fascinating!) & even discrimination around the UK & other places we have visited. I was amazed how open he was...& spoke of reverse negative racism even! That is - in Nigeria if you are white & offer a service, it is assumed you are an expert in your field...& there are massive opportunities with a near 200m population. Yet this guy works here freely as a consultant in his chosen field earning some pretty significant lolly - but said he would be casually dismissed for work over there, by his own people, just because of the colour of his skin.

How the fuck does that work??? Appalling really but it is something I just was both shocked by & blissfully unaware of.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread