A Royal Baby (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I’m not biting. Wrong thread. Meet you at the EU thread.

giphy.gif

Mr Panda

Annoyed it's called Archie. Anyone else noticed how everyone fucker seems to have a kid called either Archie or Alfie these days?

Now there will be 10000 more Archie's

CJ_covblaze

Anyone see Danny Baker's tweet? Just been fired by the BBC for it.

CJ_covblaze

I just don't get it to be honest. Why on earth would you if you were a "normal" person let alone a "celeb" at the BBC?

Deserved sacking to be honest, even if it turns out he isn't actually racist he's obviously just thick as fuck.

What did he expect to hapen?

That's my thoughts. I'm not sure how he can claim it's been misinterpreted.

clint van damme

ahh a pic of a chimp and caption royal baby

what else did he expect? had to be sacked.

ill advised at best.
Even if there was no racist connotation meant social media, (and some mainstream media, no names , daily mail), has been a cesspit of racism since the baby was born.
Don't know why he expected anything else to happen.

And lets be honest, Danny Baker is an intelligent, quick witted fella, can't believe at no point he didn't think, hold on, this is a bit inappropriate.

Nick

Administrator
He's claiming to be thrown under the bus it seems:

Unless the BBC logged into his account and posted it, I can't see how?

Nick

Administrator
ill advised at best.
Even if there was no racist connotation meant social media, (and some mainstream media, no names , daily mail), has been a cesspit of racism since the baby was born.

And lets be honest, Danny Baker is an intelligent, quick witted fella, can't believe at no point he didn't think, hold on, this is a bit inappropriate.

Who needs advising on that though? Even more so people who work in the media and will be trained on that sort of shit more than the normal person.

Grendel

He claims the joke was meant to about royals vs a circus animal in posh clothes

No I don’t get it either

Grendel

Actually thinking about it Tony must be Danny’s advisor. As it’s the performing monkey line.

Tony probably writes his gags as well - his show on Saturday is awful

Nick

Administrator
He claims the joke was meant to about royals vs a circus animal in posh clothes

No I don’t get it either

Yeah, it's a bit random for an explanation.

IF (It isnt) that's what he was really thinking, you would think he would have to caption it a bit more to explain the circus link wouldn't you? At what point wouldn't you think "Hold on, best not use a picture of a monkey for my circus gag"

hill83

ill advised at best.

So much defending of him knocking about as well with many saying the kid is white anyway. Seething. I can absolutely 100% guarantee the kid will not identify as white.

I must admit I was expecting a Danny baker defence in this thread. Still early days but I’m pleasantly surprised so far.

Grendel

So much defending of him knocking about as well with many saying the kid is white anyway. Seething. I can absolutely 100% guarantee the kid will not identify as white.

I must admit I was expecting a Danny baker defence in this thread. Still early days but I’m pleasantly surprised so far.

I’m sure someone may be lurking - if you get my drift

Nick

Administrator

Really can't see how it can be defended. Even if he was pissed out of his head (which will probably be another excuse at some point), I doubt he is then going to be able to login, find an image, save it, attach it and write a caption that is spelt correctly.

He knew full well what was meant by it, I just don't get what he thought would happen from it.

Grendel

Really can't see how it can be defended. Even if he was pissed out of his head (which will probably be another excuse at some point), I doubt he is then going to be able to login, find an image, save it, attach it and write a caption that is spelt correctly.

He’s teatotal now I think so no that’s not available.

He’s gone off on some tirade now that You must be thick if you think it’s racist and it’s not his fault no one share his immense intellect

hill83

Burn Twitter to the ground.

It's such a horrible hive of reactionary, sensational wankers hellbent on finding outrage. Every fucking day there's some new "backlash" or "outrage"

Tired argument. Twitter is just a platform people use. It’s still people. No different to being on here but with a wider audience. No different to being in a pub but with a wider audience.

Grendel

Burn Twitter to the ground.

It's such a horrible hive of reactionary, sensational wankers hellbent on finding outrage. Every fucking day there's some new "backlash" or "outrage"

He’s created his own outrage with a racist image

Nick

Administrator
He’s teatotal now I think so no that’s not available.

He’s gone off on some tirade now that You must be thick if you think it’s racist and it’s not his fault no one share his immense intellect

I still don't get how it's anything but?

Obviously not that clever.

hill83

What annoys me more than anything is I genuinely don’t give a fuck about the royal family at all and if this kid wasn’t mixed race I wouldn’t even give it a second thought. But I just knew all this shit would happen. Starts with name jokes, moves onto comparisons with monkeys. He’s 2 fucking days old. 2 days. I had my own grandparents saying “thank god he’s pale” when I was born. My own family. Fuck this.

Last edited:

Grendel

I still don't get how it's anything but?

Obviously not that clever.

Well Danny’s intellect as far as I can tell extends to the sausage sandwich game on Saturday in which you have to guess if the celebrity guest has brown, red or no sauce on their sausage. It’s not exactly University challenge

Grendel

What annoys me more than anything is I genuinely don’t give a fuck about the royal family at all and if this kid wasn’t mixed race I wouldn’t even give it a second thought. But I just knew all this shit would happen. Starts with name jokes, moves onto comparisons with monkeys. He’s 2 fucking days old. 2 days. I had my own grandparents saying “thanks god he’s pale” when I was born. My own family. Fuck this.

Indeed - people are defending him though - he hasn’t a racist bone in his body, he’s an immense talent blah blah blah

It’s not even the point. If Danny is the genius he clearly thinks he i would have thought he would have considered posting an image of a baby as a monkey given the fact his mother has Afro Caribbean heritage could and would be used by the racist elements in society to fuel their own hatred

richnrg

he might not have a racist bone in his body, but he's certainly got racist thoughts in his head. He's a twat.

clint van damme

Who needs advising on that though? Even more so people who work in the media and will be trained on that sort of shit more than the normal person.

it's just an expression Nick, I didn't mean he'd actually sought advise!

rob9872

I guess most of us were surprised he still had a show anyhow. Not heard anything about him for years, in fact I had thought he died a few years back but clearly not. Ah well, I imagine that will certainly be the last we hear of him now until death.

fellatio_Martinez

Tired argument. Twitter is just a platform people use. It’s still people. No different to being on here but with a wider audience. No different to being in a pub but with a wider audience.

That's bollocks.

First off. Celebrities don't use SBT style forums or sit in the pub expressing their opinions or telling jokes etc.

Also Twitter is commonly used by people with political agendas. The whole platform is a toxic waste ground for idiots to force their opinions on others and to say "it's just people" is extremely naive. It's groupthink on a massive scale.

I also don't give two shits about the Danny Baker incident. I'm talking in general terms.

hill83

That's bollocks.

First off. Celebrities don't use SBT style forums or sit in the pub expressing their opinions or telling jokes etc.

Also Twitter is commonly used by people with political agendas. The whole platform is a toxic waste ground for idiots to force their opinions on others and to say "it's just people" is extremely naive. It's groupthink on a massive scale.

I also don't give two shits about the Danny Baker incident. I'm talking in general terms.

Don’t agree. Twitter is what you want it to be. I use it for betting tips and nothing more. Not saying the above doesn’t go on of course but it’s people using twitter as a platform to do the above. I guess it can become an echo chamber as it’s easier to talk to like minded people on twitter than it would be without it, be that bad or good. Is but that a huge stretch from us lot posting on a Cov City forum?

And to be fair your first response to this latest thing was to go off on one about twitter in general. The outrage would be there for a variety of things without twitter. Twitter just has the audience and people using it can respond as they see fit instantaneously. Still people. Genuine concerns often get dismissed as ‘the twitter crowd again lol’. Not always the case.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Don’t agree. Twitter is what you want it to be. I use it for betting tips and nothing more. Not saying the above doesn’t go on of course but it’s people using twitter as a platform to do the above. I guess it can become an echo chamber as it’s easier to talk to like minded people in twitter than it would be without it, be that bad or good. Is but that a huge stretch from us lot posting on a Cov City forum?

I can see how people use it just to converse about any old bollocks i.e football or game of thrones, which is very much like a forum but it's also used in a toxic way to push agendas and create sensationalism.

The guy who owns Twitter said this recently '“We have witnessed abuse, harassment, troll armies, manipulation through bots and human-coordination, misinformation campaigns, and increasingly divisive echo chambers,” Dorsey wrote. “We aren’t proud of how people have taken advantage of our service, or our inability to address it fast enough.”

hill83

I can see how people use it just to converse about any old bollocks i.e football or game of thrones, which is very much like a forum but it's also used in a toxic way to push agendas and create sensationalism.

The guy who owns Twitter said this recently '“We have witnessed abuse, harassment, troll armies, manipulation through bots and human-coordination, misinformation campaigns, and increasingly divisive echo chambers,” Dorsey wrote. “We aren’t proud of how people have taken advantage of our service, or our inability to address it fast enough.”

No doubt twitter has it’s problems. I just don’t think your initial response to this, and people’s responses to this, was fair by just going ‘twitter lol’.

Anyway. Way off topic.

WINSTON LOL

Users who are viewing this thread