A magificent arctile. (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Half arsed tosh.

olderskyblue

Arctile - didn't you mean erectile?

And he's had a few bites already. Time for edgy to run back to GMK and start a thread saying "look how i wound those SBT'ers up" :D

"First of all, it’s only looking at the short term: get us back in Coventry now. Never mind a sustainable business model, never mind Financial Fair Play, never mind generating our own revenues."
Is playing at Sixfields for potentially five years a sustainable business model that benefits the club in the long term? Does it take in to account financial fair play? Does it generate revenues? Does the bad will the move generates between fans and owners benefit the club in the long term?

"For all Sisu’s mistakes, their actions have never resulted in direct damage to the team’s chances on the field." Thats arguable.

runner

I have to disagree, whilst not a bad article, it isn't by any shakes of the imagination a good one ... whilst I concede that some of his points hold some validity ... I don't wish to move my position any further and in pulling together a measured, balanced article ... if it were good ... then I would have altered my stance accordingly.

Seyeclops666

Son of Lez

What a muppet - he continues in the same vein as his misguided mentor the great Lez Reid. Factually innacurate, wrong headed and pathetic!!

RegTheDonk

Sub headline should have read

"Sustainable business model and Financial Fair Play could be (best) served by a new stadium or purchasing the existing one for a fair price and immediate FFP solution"

Another unbalanced view from a CT contributer.

skybluetom

He makes some good points to be fair. One bit I take issue with is the claim Sisu's actions have never resulted in direct damage to the team on the field. Initially they built a relatively decent team that should have done a lot better than they did; the problem was the managers they appointed. Coleman was a complete disaster and should have been fired long before he was, Boothroyd was a terrible appointment and Thorn was just a joke. Sisu appointed those managers so they have to take responsibility for that.

Hobo

I think it is SISU with the 'begging bowl". Pressing on with plans to build a new stadium?
1. They haven't purchased any land yet.
2. They haven't produced any plans/ artists sketches of planned stadium. They must have these otherwise how do they know what land they require.

Mr Palmer is easily satisfied, where as poll after poll suggests the majority of Coventry fans are not!

RoboCCFC90

This I do agree with:

Secondly, it fails to understand our owner’s motives. Sisu take distressed businesses and sell them when they’ve recovered. By starving Sisu, you’re only going to delay their exit from Coventry City.

Thirdly, it ignores the council’s role. Why would you want to bring a club back to a council that has treated it so badly? For all Sisu’s mistakes, their actions have never resulted in direct damage to the team’s chances on the field.

I’m afraid that’s exactly what the council’s did when they forced the club into administration and when they rejected the CVA. Twenty points thrown away, two promotion challenges disabled.

GaryPendrysEyes

Embarrassing article from a bloke for whom the phrase 'smunt' could have been invented.
He, Robo of course will never get that the problem was caused by Sisu signing and then not honouring a business contract. Non payment of rent should then apparently be rewarded by giving Sisu easy money for their investors so they will go away.
I think this guy likes Sisu and hasn't got a lot of time for Coventry.

wingy

This I do agree with:

Secondly, it fails to understand our owner’s motives. Sisu take distressed businesses and sell them when they’ve recovered. By starving Sisu, you’re only going to delay their exit from Coventry City.

Thirdly, it ignores the council’s role. Why would you want to bring a club back to a council that has treated it so badly? For all Sisu’s mistakes, their actions have never resulted in direct damage to the team’s chances on the field.

I’m afraid that’s exactly what the council’s did when they forced the club into administration and when they rejected the CVA. Twenty points thrown away, two promotion challenges disabled.

I'm not starving them i just am not going ,that could be solved in an instant .Now while 20points Is'nt nice or fair two parties are culpable for that .

If ACL/CCC truelly bore the Club malice they could have simply locked gates ,stopped playing SISU's game and we would'nt have finished the season.

Last edited:

Grendel

This I agree with, the bloke sounds like RFC on the WUM. But I'm afraid Edgy just ain't as sharp as his name suggests...

You, on the other hand, have chosen wisely on the intellect scale with your username.

RoboCCFC90

Embarrassing article from a bloke for whom the phrase 'smunt' could have been invented.
He, Robo of course will never get that the problem was caused by Sisu signing and then not honouring a business contract. Non payment of rent should then apparently be rewarded by giving Sisu easy money for their investors so they will go away.
I think this guy likes Sisu and hasn't got a lot of time for Coventry.

I completely understand what Sisu have done GPE, unfortunately the young man who wrote the article has a point in firstly as much "Sisu take distressed businesses and sell them when they’ve recovered. By starving Sisu, you’re only going to delay their exit from Coventry City." There is no indication that Sisu are on the way out of the Club, should you believe what they say they contsantly tell us that they won't be forced out.

Secondly "For all Sisu’s mistakes, their actions have never resulted in direct damage to the team’s chances on the field." I think it's fair to say that Sisu have continued to invest in the squad even when we were relegated, if we haven't brought in the right players then this isn't the fault of Sisu this is the fault of the man who ultimately wants these players, the manager.

Finally "I’m afraid that’s exactly what the council’s did when they forced the club into administration and when they rejected the CVA. Twenty points thrown away, two promotion challenges disabled." The first ten point deduction I could understand, but then rejecting the CVA to ensure we started this season with a ten point disadvantage was a joke and where has it got them?

Answers on a postcard please.

AJB1983

There's one line in it which basically calls into question the credence of anything else he says....
When the council/acl kicked the club out onto the streets....
Seem to remember it was CCFC moving out voluntarily....they were never kicked out

RoboCCFC90

I'm not starving them i just am not going ,that could solved in an instant .Now while 20points Is'nt nice or fair two parties are culpable for that .

If ACL/CCC truelly bore the Club malice they could have simply locked gates ,stopped playing SISU's game and we would'nt have finished the season.

I never said you were Wingy, however the columinst has a point that in starving Sisu despite the reasons they're not going anywhere particularly quick.

They could of done, they didn't and I am grateful as a supporter of the Club in that reason.

wingy

I never said you were Wingy, however the columinst has a point that in starving Sisu despite the reasons they're not going anywhere particularly quick.

They could of done, they didn't and I am grateful as a supporter of the Club in that reason.

I agree , i like yourself would love to be rid of them but again they are starving themselves of my income not the other way round we are collateral damage and to be used, that Is the only reason I will never follow them over there.when you get to a certain stage In life these things matter.I am a vehemently anti SISU and I thought I would'nt bother with them If they came back ,but the reality Is If the came back to Coventry and the RICOH I would.

Users who are viewing this thread